How can I get a copy of my final bill?

cakana

I realize now that I should've asked for a final bill from customer relations while on the ship but I thought it would be delivered the final night. Is there a way I can get a copy now? I've checked my credit card statement and it doesn't look like all the charges are there yet (finished the cruise last Friday).

I also bought digital photos that were to go to my cloud account but they haven't arrived. Any chance I can still get them?

That sounds like a great idea. Sadly, I wasn't really clear on using the system available through the TV, so I never logged on. That would've been a great way to keep track of daily charges. I'll know better next time :)

You can call customer service and get them to send you a pdf copy of your bill. I've done it and had some success. Although the last time they send me some other guys bill:rolleyes:

I've found that if you e-mail - OneTouch at CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com they will send you a copy of your final bill.

It often takes about 3 days to a week before you get a reply with a pdf of your final bill.

If I don't get one after that I send a "SECOND REQUEST" and have never failed to get a response.

Just my 2 cents

I realize now that I should've asked for a final bill from customer relations while on the ship but I thought it would be delivered the final night. Is there a way I can get a copy now? I've checked my credit card statement and it doesn't look like all the charges are there yet (finished the cruise last Friday).

I also bought digital photos that were to go to my cloud account but they haven't arrived. Any chance I can still get them?

I have just called the Captains Club number, given my reservation #, they email a pdf of the final bill. In one case there was a charge I didn’t understand. The Captains Club rep talked through the billing info she had, a few lines into that I suddenly realized the source of the charge, and all was well.

Pizzalady1 - nope, no final bill under the door, at least not for us. We rode the bus to the airport with several Royal Carribean passengers and they seemed to have all received a final bill in their room. I wondered if maybe we were overlooked. If I'd known Celebrity doesn't do it, I'd have asked for one the day before.

Here's my story on no hard copy on final bill.

I bought a Blu-tooth speaker on the Sillie last fall. On my way off the ship a Ft Lauderdale Cabbie liked it as much as I did stole off my bag and took off like his car was on fire. No... I do not remember the cab number/who it was/ I was on my the my home VIA FLL

(DO NOT EVER USE CABS IN S FLORIDA

edit especially YELLOW Brand)

I claimed it on my TD VISA Allianz Global Assistance buyers coverage and a year later still have to explain it to these idiots how charge cards work on cruise ships. Waste of time... so far

They want an Itemized list of all purchases including (likely : -) ) your blood type, inseam and ......

It's only $ 50.00 but it pisses me off.

My advise is to NEVER leave the ship without a itemized account IF YOU BUY ANYTHING

Edited by A Sixth?

New to Celebrity.

They don't put a copy of the final bill under your stateroom door?

It was common practice in the past but several years ago the practice seems to have stopped. We check our accounts using the menu on the TV screen several times during the cruise to check for any discrepancies, and try to remember to drop by Guest Relations the evening prior to disembarkation for a final copy. But we most frequently just take a photo of the interactive TV screen the evening prior to disembarkation as we are too lazy to go down to Guest Relations.

That sounds like a great idea. Sadly, I wasn't really clear on using the system available through the TV, so I never logged on. That would've been a great way to keep track of daily charges. I'll know better next time :)
There is no logging on to check your shipboard account.

Just turn on the TV in your stateroom, click the MENU button on the remote, and select the option to view your account.

It is a good idea to check your account on your stateroom TV every day or so because sometimes erroneous charges show up and it is so much easier just to call Guest Relations and have them removed right then and there instead of waiting to get them removed later.

New to Celebrity.

They don't put a copy of the final bill under your stateroom door?

Sometimes they put it under our stateroom door.

More often they leave it in the mail holder outside the door (which is what I would do, if I were the one delivering all those statements).

Sometimes they don't do either, in which case we phone Guest Relations to request a printed copy, and it is then delivered to our stateroom.

Edited by varoo

My advise is to NEVER leave the ship without a itemized account IF YOU BUY ANYTHING

.......or even if I don't buy anything, I want a copy of that final account statement showing zero final balance due.

I have just called the Captains Club number, given my reservation #, they email a pdf of the final bill. In one case there was a charge I didn’t understand. The Captains Club rep talked through the billing info she had, a few lines into that I suddenly realized the source of the charge, and all was well.

I also find this the fastest and easiest way to request and receive another copy of my final bill, and also, whenever possible, to get my questions answered and have the matter resolved with one call.

Sometimes they answer the telephone right away, and other times I need to wait on hold for a while.

But it really doesn't matter to me because I call when I have something else to keep me occupied if I need to wait; (something that can easily be interrupted, like reading Cruise Critic, or doing Sudoku puzzles).

To save time, I prefer to be logged into my email account before calling, so I can immediately examine the copy of the document, as soon as they send it, while I still have the person on the phone to answer questions.

The people who answer the Captain's Club phone lines appear to be more helpful and knowledgeable than those who answer the regular reservations lines.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will definitely know better next time. I am surprised that my credit card isn't showing charges for several things, including photos and an excursion that was purchased early in the cruise. Do they wait until the end of the cruise to process all the charges?

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will definitely know better next time. I am surprised that my credit card isn't showing charges for several things, including photos and an excursion that was purchased early in the cruise. Do they wait until the end of the cruise to process all the charges?

At the end of the cruise, they do a grand total of all you have spent, subtract any OBC you may have had. The remainder is what you owe, and that remainder is what is charged to your credit card. Your card will not show the individual charges, just the one lump sum. Which is why you need that itemized shipboard account. If you have $600 OBC and buy a $1000 diamond bracelet, your card will only show a $400 charge, but for insurance purposes etc. you may want to know what you actually "spent" on it, even if some of what you spent was OBC rather than real money.

Stan

I'm happy to say that the final bill was just emailed to me. Everything looks good except they charged me for an excursion that should've been charged to my friend. We'll work that out ourselves though. I'm relieved there were no big surprises.

I'm happy to say that the final bill was just emailed to me. Everything looks good except they charged me for an excursion that should've been charged to my friend. We'll work that out ourselves though. I'm relieved there were no big surprises.

Good to hear that things worked out for you!:) When it comes to final bills, I'm in the camp of 'don't leave the ship without it'. Over the years, we've only had a couple of cruises where we did not receive a final statement in our cabin. But, to us, it was worth it to go stand in line at the GR desk, to have one printed out. :cool:

Good to hear that things worked out for you!:) When it comes to final bills, I'm in the camp of 'don't leave the ship without it'. Over the years, we've only had a couple of cruises where we did not receive a final statement in our cabin. But, to us, it was worth it to go stand in line at the GR desk, to have one printed out. :cool:

Ditto on both points.

I spoke to soon. My friend got her bill today and not only did they not give her the $50 on board credit, they charged everything to my credit card. We each gave our credit card at the start of the cruise, so no clue why this happened. To make matters worse, when she called to get it adjusted, she had to deal with a less than helpful customer svc agent. My friend was told that it would be VERY complicated, punctuated by many heavy sighs, to correct the error and when it happens, most people just pay each other back. Really? Really??? That's what customer service looks like at Celebrity? :confused:

We will probably do just that to avoid dealing with Celebrity on this but we're both soured on the cruise line at this point :mad:

And yes, we both regret not dealing with this before disembarking but never imagined it would be such a mess.

Originally posted by A Sixth? My advise is to NEVER leave the ship without a itemized account IF YOU BUY ANYTHING

.......or even if I don't buy anything, I want a copy of that final account statement showing zero final balance due.

EXACTLY. Haven't cruised a lot, but we've had charges on our cabin that didn't belong to us. My DH would roll his eyes, and huff and puff when I would check our account EVERY day. But when we caught the wrong charges immediately, it was easy to get them removed.

My last cruise, I was solo, and I spent like $16.50. Even then I checked by stopping by GS when no lines, I called & got the amount confirmed the night before. They asked if I wanted that amount to go to my CC on file. I said yes. I got a zero amt. due bill on my door for the final moring. I didn't know you could check on the TV. So if ALL CL do this, then I'll check it that way.

I spoke to soon. My friend got her bill today and not only did they not give her the $50 on board credit, they charged everything to my credit card. We each gave our credit card at the start of the cruise, so no clue why this happened. To make matters worse, when she called to get it adjusted, she had to deal with a less than helpful customer svc agent. My friend was told that it would be VERY complicated, punctuated by many heavy sighs, to correct the error and when it happens, most people just pay each other back. Really? Really??? That's what customer service looks like at Celebrity? :confused:

We will probably do just that to avoid dealing with Celebrity on this but we're both soured on the cruise line at this point :mad:

And yes, we both regret not dealing with this before disembarking but never imagined it would be such a mess.

If you were staying in the same cabin, it's always best to just use one credit card. Otherwise, you're relying on each employee to charge the "correct" account for every purchase you make, which is just setting yourself up for heartache. I actually agree with the agent that the easiest thing to do at this point would be to settle up with your friend directly. It's a lot of work (a lot of work) for them to be able to process refunds to your card & then charge her card (or vice versa) after-the-fact. That would be true regardless of the cruise line. I always travel with a friend, and one of us will pay for everything during the trip and the other will reimburse. Much faster and easier.