Diamond Member Boarding question

I will be traveling with six others, all family. All of us with exception to one of us are Diamond Members. Do you think it would be a problem getting that one person to be able to stand with us to board in the section designated for Diamond Members? Oddly, the family member who doesn't have Diamond Member status (and has never cruised before) is paying for the entire trip.

In the past we've been in a group of four or more couples, we're D+ and one couple was Platinum. The staff just inside the terminal has been good about allowing EVERYONE to get into the line to embark where the people have the highest level with no problem.

Last year there were 11 of us travelling together. 2 were platinum, 3 were gold and the rest were first time cruisers. I was very honest at the port about everyone's status and they did let us all site together in Platinum. My In-laws were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary by taking all of us on a cruise. Dh and I were the platinum members. Everyone at the port was so nice and it was great. They wished them happy anniversary and we were so appreciative to all port employees we talked to. I will say that were there at 9:45am and there no lines anywhere...that may have helped as well.

In Ft Lauderdale when we went to board Allure, it seemed the people checking Sea Pass info were very strict. They did allow others in the cabin to board with the Diamond/Plus passengers but if they weren't in the same cabin, they didn't allow them to board.

Having said that, if only one person out of a group isn't Diamond, the one person should just walk in with the others and I doubt there will be a problem. It's more of a problem when one person tries to bring on several who should be waiting in another area.

Good luck.

Honestly, some staff are going to be gracious and allow everyone to file in the same line and you might find someone who wont. Just a chance to take but I'd still give it a try. When approaching the staff member with your large group I would certainly make it a point to tell them i have a large group and MOST of them are in the highest level that they can show proof of. Again, most of them will be co-operative, why should they want to start your cruise off on a bad note?

In Seattle last week our platinum kids could not go in the Diamond line. In reality we all finished checking in at about the same time.

The OP is asking about the boarding waiting areas, not checkin lines.

Thanks for the answers. The one person who is not a Diamond status (or any other status for that matter) would in fact be in his own cabin. So, I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

There will be no problem. Just go in as a group

The OP is asking about the boarding waiting areas, not checkin lines.

I actually forgot these were two different things to be honest. I would obviously like it if my Family Member could not only wait with us, but check-in with us, but I would be happy if they could at least wait with us for as long as possible. I called RCCL by phone to inquire, and all the agent would say was to check with pier personnel.

In all honesty, I feel that rules may be rules, but in the case like this where only a single family member, let alone one who has paid for four cabins and seven people, should not be separated at any point of either waiting or check-in. It seems like bad business on many levels. Especially in circumstances where children would be involved. In this circumstance, what if the person paying feels they shouldn't be separated, it may assist that person in deciding not to do return business. Still, the line has the opportunity for the remainder of the experience to change that opinion, I just think it's bad form personally speaking.

In Ft Lauderdale when we went to board Allure, it seemed the people checking Sea Pass info were very strict. They did allow others in the cabin to board with the Diamond/Plus passengers but if they weren't in the same cabin, they didn't allow them to board.

Having said that, if only one person out of a group isn't Diamond, the one person should just walk in with the others and I doubt there will be a problem. It's more of a problem when one person tries to bring on several who should be waiting in another area.

Good luck.

Agree, FT Lauderdale watched A few turned away and told to wait. Boston also..

Royal just discontinued that program a few weeks ago.

Wow. How would we ever know about program changes without cc and you? We just used it in Feb. And I have never seen it anywhere. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like it's similar to flying, where someone in Group 8 will board with Group 2 and they don't even attempt to stop it :confused:

I've seen them check and turn away those who try to board before their time, so it does happen but probably not often enough.