Do not use Stromma in Stockholm

a warning for those arriving in Nynashan. 1st- NCL Breakaway offered free transfers in to Stockholm but we had already booked with Stromma since NCL denied until almost April that we were docking anywhere but Stockholm. 2nd. We were told by Stromma to get off the boat ASAP because the bus would fill quickly and they are only sending 2. Well- we got off the boat quickly, made our way to the bus and here we have been sitting for about an hour. They won’t leave UNTIL the bus is full. There are 20 people on a bus that seats 89. The driver didn’t know there would be free shuttles and he works on commission so he isn’t leaving until there are more people on the bus. We are also hearing that the free shuttles are only to the train station where you have to take the train into Stockholm. What a complete mess!!!

I have only ever used Stromma a couple of times, and never in Stockholm, I wouldn’t base an opinion of them on this.

The issue is caused by NCL. Stromma may not be dealing with this particular issue well, which is obviously not good for you, but I certainly wouldn’t put people off using them in Stockholm based on this issue.

If I read this correctly, you are currently on the bus. If so, I’d make a call to Strommas offices to try to get the bus moving. Hopefully it works out for you and you manage to have a good day there.

You are correct, by the way. The whole thing is a mess, but it’s one caused by NCL, not Stromma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bus just left an hour and a half after we boarded with the same 20 people. The driver wouldn’t leave because he works on commission. NCL didn’t make the decision for Stromma to sit for 90 minutes while they tried to sell more tickets. Also- the advertised WiFi - no one can log on. Stromma has misled us both online and on the phone- there have been plenty of customer service issues with NCL but this one rests on Stromma.

Yes, Stromma have messed up, I’m not denying that.

However, these things happen. Drivers are given instruction based on expectations and when things are different to those expectations then things can go wrong and with humans being involved, things like this happen.

I suspect you could have had a similar problem with another company.

My point is that to just take this issue and say “don’t use Stromma in Stockholm” is misleading, in my opinion. I’d certainly agree not to use them in preference to the free shuttle (if that is working ok) to get into Stockholm, but my guess is that this will all be working much better next time, now these issues have been identified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone on board Breakaway posted yesterday that NCL has come to a compromise with those who booked when Stockholm and sailing through archipelago was the itinerary

apparently there is a free shuttle to train station and train tickets included

waiting for further reports on how this works out

Breakaway was always going to be too big to go via the Archipelago . NCls misleading. I suppose they manage it some of the time.

Last year in Stockholm bought 2 day ticket on Stromma’s HoHo bus. A total ripoff. Infrequent service and stuck in traffic much of the time

Breakaway was always going to be too big to go via the Archipelago.

That is not correct. NCL Breakway, Royal Princess, Regal Princess and Britannia are alls about the same size

and all have been into central Stockholm. I can agree though that NCL is misleading it's passengers.

We were on this trip. Stromma/City sightseeing is running a special. Buy 3 hobo buses in Baltic ports and get fourth free. We did Copenhagen Tallinn and Helsinki. Stromma wouldn't honor it from the pier so we took NCLs free shuttle and train tickets to Stockholm and they honored it on the bus in Stockholm.

So NCL offered a free shuttle to the train station and free train tickets in to Stockholm. You had to sign up in advance. Stromma went from the port into the city center and then back to the port without dealing with the train. That was the positive. However because the guys work on commission, they didn’t want to leave the port until the bus was full. So we waiting an hour and a half extra- the bus finally left at 930 for the hour drive into the city center. We had to be back on the bus by 430 to return to the port. All in all, it was a good thing the port time was extended or we would have had zero time in Stockholm. In the end, we took the bus, got on the boat, went to the Vassa and ABBA museums, had lunch and got back on the bus to the port. Stromma should be more up front. Either post times they are leaving or be transparent that they aren’t leaving until either “ the bus is full or it’s been 1 and a half hours”.