My Time Dining Reservations

Our cruise is not until January but I looked online today and my time dining reservations are already available to be booked. It seems like Royal is starting to make dining reservations available earlier then they used to. It is 7 months till our cruise.

Is it necessary to make reservations if you have my time dining? We don't want to have a set time. Can't we just go to the dining room when we feel hungry as long as they are still open?

It is not necessary to have reservations but it helps, especially during the busier times. We know we like to eat around 7pm and book that time as soon as reservations open. You can always go back and change things if your plans/needs change. Our cruise last month we had 6:45pm every night because 7pm was not available and it worked for us. We had the same table 7 out of 8 nights and the one night it changed was because we added one more to our party that night.

Our cruise is not until January but I looked online today and my time dining reservations are already available to be booked. It seems like Royal is starting to make dining reservations available earlier then they used to. It is 7 months till our cruise.

I booked my time dining reservations May 1 for a cruise leaving Dec.1

We have our times booked, but some were later than we liked due to availability. If we have times reserved do we HAVE to eat at those times, or can we go and wait in line with those who do not have times reserved? Do they hold us to those pre-booked times?