Carnival Spirit to Sail From Brisbane Year-Round

What Melbourne getting. I wish we had a ship that would cruise all year round. This Oct-March is horrible.

Ā 

Here here, I would settle for a tug boat! The 2019-2020 Season is even worse with P&O only sending us the Aria for short trips over Feb and March. Princess has some interesting ones and I am waiting for Carnival to bring out its offerings for the 2019-20 season but don't hold out much hope. Looking like we will only have Priincess over the Dec-Jan in 2019-20.

:loudcry::rolleyes::mad:

Operating out of Brisbane makes the return Sth Pacific Islands trip that much shorter.

Ā 

Maybe we will see regular 7 days island cruises weekly, like the Caribbean ones out of Florida, on a Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun schedule. They could change up the ports a little alternating Noumea, Vila, Lifou, Mystery Is, Mare etc That way, you can have a 7N cruise taking only 5 weekdays off every week.

Ā 

Or maybe cruises that go a little farther afield than the 'usual' New Caledonia & Vanuatu ones eg to Fiji & Tonga.

Ā 

Maybe would entice me to venture to Brisbane for a cruise again.

Splendid.:D

IF the Splendor had a lawn club like the Solstice it could be called " Splendor in the Grass" šŸ˜ Hope it's decor is a little less " ornate" than the Legend and Spirit šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

IF the Splendor had a lawn club like the Solstice it could be called " Splendor in the Grass" šŸ˜ Hope it's decor is a little less " ornate" than the Legend and Spirit šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

LOL, wish we had another X ship downunder to keep the Solstice company.

I would love it if they could see their way to visiting Macquarie Island and the Sub Antarctica islands. It is in our region NZ/Aus. Guess I am hoping too much. But hey - they do go to the Arctic so why not. :D I think it is Chimu who go from Dunedin occasionally but very pricey.

I would love it if they could see their way to visiting Macquarie Island and the Sub Antarctica islands. It is in our region NZ/Aus. Guess I am hoping too much. But hey - they do go to the Arctic so why not. :D I think it is Chimu who go from Dunedin occasionally but very pricey.

Uncle Les 's son works at Chimu, he should know. We used Chimu for the Galapagos Islands.:D

Now if only Carnival actually homeported here for at least a couple months of the year, huh?

Ā 

Carnival Spirit will be home ported in Brisbane Year-Round from 2020, and at the moment Carnival Spirit is based year around in Sydney (apart from when she goes for dry docks).

Ā 

and the Carnival Splendor will be based year around in Sydney.

I hope they do some PNG & Solomon Islands cruises, and mix up the itineraries a bit

Ā 

That would be good also, but how many of the ports there are suitable for the Spirit sized ship would be my only concern.

Ā 

I would be more than happy to go to Brisbane to embark if I could cruise the places you mention. I love New Caledonia and Vanuatu, but it would be great to see these other places, as our only time there has been a single port day in Alotau on Sun Princess.

Operating out of Brisbane makes the return Sth Pacific Islands trip that much shorter.

Ā 

Maybe we will see regular 7 days island cruises weekly, like the Caribbean ones out of Florida, on a Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun schedule. They could change up the ports a little alternating Noumea, Vila, Lifou, Mystery Is, Mare etc That way, you can have a 7N cruise taking only 5 weekdays off every week.

Ā 

Or maybe cruises that go a little farther afield than the 'usual' New Caledonia & Vanuatu ones eg to Fiji & Tonga.

Ā 

Maybe would entice me to venture to Brisbane for a cruise again.

Ā 

give noumea a miss would be better