Carnival Breeze - Check In Time 1:00-1:30

Saskeeter

We booked our cruise last minute and 1:00-1:30 was the earliest check in time that was left. What time would you recommend we arrive at the port. Can we check in early? Can we change our check in time? Any thoughts or tips are apprecicated! :):)

Thanks!!!

We had that time last week.

Thanks to a wreck on 45, we were a bit delayed & arrived at our parking destination about 12:15. After parking, unloading, shuttling over, dropping bags & getting through security, we got to the check-in desk right about 1:15. By the time we walked on the boat, we were able to go directly to our room, drop our carry-ones & head upstairs for lunch. Worked out perfectly in the end!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not familiar with the new assigned boarding times; our last Carnival cruise was in 2012 or so. We're sailing the Breeze out of Galveston in September and final payment is in a few weeks. Is that when we will get our assigned boarding time? We're flying in from Calgary the day of; landing in Houston around 1:00 pm. We may be taking a Carnival shuttle from IAH if the timing works out, so I presume they'd let us board when we got there. If we end up having to make independent arrangements, will we be denied boarding if we're past our assigned time? (Presuming of course we're ahead of the boarding cut-off.)

We've sailed on the Breeze out of Galveston 3 times and love the assigned check in times. This last cruise in April we did have FTTF and chose a 10:30-11:00 check in time. We probably arrived closer to 11:00 but by the time we made it inside the terminal it was empty. Boarding had began early that day I guess so we walked right on. I would try checking to see if you can change to an earlier time if arriving earlier in important to you. There may be more openings for time slots the closer it gets due to people changing their minds. I can almost guarantee that boarding will be well underway by 1pm ( this has been the case our last 3 times out of Galveston) so coming a little earlier will not hurt if its not hrs earlier than your assigned time.

I'm not familiar with the new assigned boarding times; our last Carnival cruise was in 2012 or so. We're sailing the Breeze out of Galveston in September and final payment is in a few weeks. Is that when we will get our assigned boarding time? We're flying in from Calgary the day of; landing in Houston around 1:00 pm. We may be taking a Carnival shuttle from IAH if the timing works out, so I presume they'd let us board when we got there. If we end up having to make independent arrangements, will we be denied boarding if we're past our assigned time? (Presuming of course we're ahead of the boarding cut-off.)

You should be able to select your check in time now by going to your booking. They will not deny you entry if you are past your assigned time but will not let you through if you are early. Galveston is our home port and they are very organized lately with check in and embarkation.

Coming from IAH, I would make sure to prearrange transportation, it will take you at least an hour and half to get to Galveston. I would not spend any extra time that you don’t have to getting the shuttle to Galveston as that is close if the ship leaves at 4. Did you book air through carnival ?

We had a 1:00 on our last cruise (on Magic not Breeze) and it was the latest that we had ever boarded, got there right at 1:00 and after clearing security we literally walked right through and onto the ship. It was really too quick because the rooms weren't open yet. This was Port Canaveral not Galveston but just wanted to share our experience with assigned arrival time. It was great, a really pleasant surprise.

We booked our cruise last minute and 1:00-1:30 was the earliest check in time that was left. What time would you recommend we arrive at the port. Can we check in early? Can we change our check in time? Any thoughts or tips are apprecicated! :):)

Thanks!!![/quote

You cannot check in any earlier than your 1pm time. Arrive about 1230pm, park drop off luggage and head to the check in area. You should be on the ship by 130pm. Keep looking at the check in times, there are cancellations and an earlier time gets released.

You should be able to select your check in time now by going to your booking. They will not deny you entry if you are past your assigned time but will not let you through if you are early. Galveston is our home port and they are very organized lately with check in and embarkation.

Coming from IAH, I would make sure to prearrange transportation, it will take you at least an hour and half to get to Galveston. I would not spend any extra time that you don’t have to getting the shuttle to Galveston as that is close if the ship leaves at 4. Did you book air through carnival ?

Thanks for answering me. No, we never book cruiseline air. We actually only even decided to take this cruise because we got a stellar deal on the flights I couldn't resist. It's direct and the airline has a very good on-time record. They don't overbook and there's virtually no chance of weather delays on our end at that time of year.

I did assume taking the Carnival shuttle would be the safest bet for getting us to port from the airport though. Do you have any better suggestions? We've rented a car one-way to get back but the price of doing that from Houston to Galveston was startling. :eek:

I'd also appreciate any thoughts you have on anything that might have changed (like this new boarding time procedure) lately on Carnival. At one point we'd stopped even looking at them but the only other ship out of Galveston for our dates is Liberty of the Seas, which we've already sailed and recently sailed Freedom of the Seas also. We're just kind of RCCL'd out, especially bored with the food. Doesn't look like the Breeze is getting great reviews in that department either and the menus (what I can find on-line, anyway) are kinda dismal. :confused:

TIA!

We sailed the Breeze last summer and are sailing her again this summer. Arrive right at your check in time and you'll have very minimal lines. Last year, we had a 12:00-12:30 check in. We dropped our luggage with the porter around 12:15 having lunch on the lido deck by 12:45. It was pretty stellar!

Same thing for our cruise on Valor in November (also out of Galveston with staggered check in): arrived right at our check in time, cruised through check in, and onboard within 30 minutes of getting to the terminal.