Has anyone been on Celebrity's shore excursion Gaudi's Barcelona ?

cruzemaven

The HoHo is a great idea.

I agree, I think the HoHo is the best way to see most cities, especially ones that aren't too far away from the port. I usually book mine through Viator. They pick you up at the ship and we'll ride the whole route and pick out where we want to get off and then they bring you back to the ship. Tickets are reasonable, you can eat (or not) when and where you want and you can spend as much time as you want in the Sagrada Familia and Gueli Park. One thing: be VERY careful of pickpockets at the Sagrada.

Barcelona is one of my favorite cities and in IMO the two best and not to miss sights, are Le Predreda and the Sagrada.

The HOHO is a great way to see the city, but you need a lot of time to do it. I always did it pre or post cruise. You would do much better with a private tour guide if only in port for part of the day.

As others have warned, be VERY observant of your surroundings. Barcelona is the only city in Europe that I have personally experienced petty crime.

Barcelona is one of my favorite cities and in IMO the two best and not to miss sights, are Le Predreda and the Sagrada.

The HOHO is a great way to see the city, but you need a lot of time to do it. I always did it pre or post cruise. You would do much better with a private tour guide if only in port for part of the day.

As others have warned, be VERY observant of your surroundings. Barcelona is the only city in Europe that I have personally experienced petty crime.

Sadly....also in Rome. The pickpockets there were usually well dressed compared to the tourist and announcements were made at various sites to avoid them!

In Barcelona, in addition to male and female pick pockets and purse snatchers ( never put anything down for a second) they had roving " gangs" in blue jeans that surround you in a big sweep,,,could not access certain old city sites. Great city..nicknamed City of Thieves!