A couple of drink package questions.

DocJohnB

Have a cruise booked on Caribbean Princess for mid-September. I have only cruised on Princess once before and on the cruise the drink package was a part of the group package.

1) Looking over the Princess website I see they have a Premier drink package for $69 including gratuity. On other cruise lines there is usually a 2nd less expensive option. Are there 2 options on Princess or strictly the Premier.

2) Again on other cruise lines amongst their restrictions is that if one person in a stateroom/suite purchases a drink package, all other adults in the stateroom/suite must also purchase the same package. Does this hold true for Princess? I also checked this on their "terms and conditions" for drink package and there is no mention of this restriction.

Thanks in advance for any input.

On Princess, each passenger may order the package they want or not package at all. It isn't like Carnival!

I have found reference to a non-alcoholic beverage package on the Princess web site, but have never found a price for it or a place to order it. The only thing I've found is "Soda and More," which certainly is not like the PBP but not alcoholic. The PBP is the only alcoholic package...other than wine package, bucket of beer, etc.

1) I just checked the Princess website and it appears that they ONLY offer the premier package now. I believe there did used to be a lower cost option - but, I also believe (if memory serves) that within the last 6 months or so they revamped the drink packages to include more options/price ranges within what is offered now. You can get other packages for water, non-alcoholic drinks, etc, but the premier package is the most inclusive combination of them all.

2) As far as I know, Princess does NOT require everyone in the cabin to purchase the drink package. They recently (again, I believe within the last 6 months or so) instituted a limit on the number of alcoholic drinks you can get in a day on the drinks package as a way to combat people sharing with their entire cabin.

1) I just checked the Princess website and it appears that they ONLY offer the premier package now. I believe there did used to be a lower cost option - but, I also believe (if memory serves) that within the last 6 months or so they revamped the drink packages to include more options/price ranges within what is offered now. You can get other packages for water, non-alcoholic drinks, etc, but the premier package is the most inclusive combination of them all.

Princess has only ever had one alcohol beverage package. Before Sept, it was called All-inclusive Beverage package (AIBP), a d ran $49.95+15% gratuity. Mid Sept 2017 they revamped the package, raised the price, put a limit on how many alcohol drinks a day (15), removed some formerly included items (canned soda, large bottled water, etc), and changed the wine by the bottle discount...

2) As far as I know, Princess does NOT require everyone in the cabin to purchase the drink package. They recently (again, I believe within the last 6 months or so) instituted a limit on the number of alcoholic drinks you can get in a day on the drinks package as a way to combat people sharing with their entire cabin.

See above...

There's only ine alcoholic package, and Princess has only ever had one level of alcohol package since they introduced them to the public back in Dec 2013.

There's the Soda and More package, which is unlimited fountain soda and nonalcoholic cocktails and hot chocolate. Does not include bottled water or specialty coffees/teas. Cost is $8.05 (including gratuity).

There's water package at 12 bottles for $6.90. Only available in advance of cruise.

There's the coffee card, 15 specialty coffees, unlimited fresh brewed coffee while a punch remains, and specialty teas...

There's wine packages on cruises longer than 7 nights. Not advertised anywhere, you have to ask maitre'de or bartender .

There is no requirement on Princess that all in a cabin buy the package or no one can.

Different lines offer different things. Imagine if they were all the same!

PBP is the only alcohol package. The Soda and More package is a great deal at only $8.05 per day but, of course, it doesn't offer alcohol. The bucket of beer seems to be popular which is 5 beers for the price of 4. As mentioned there are (sometimes) also wine packages offered but I don't think you can get them until you are on the ship and they aren't always available.

Princess started with the All Inclusive Beverage Package. For a very short time they required all adults in the cabin to purchase it if one did but that restriction went away very quickly. The original package had no restriction on the number of alcoholic drinks but the new version - The Premier Beverage Package - has a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period - measured from 6 AM to 6 AM. Every time you purchase a drink the information on the screen shows how many drinks you have already had. If you reach the limit they can either cut you off (only if they feel it is needed) or you can pay for the extra drinks. There are very few drinks that don't fit into the price limit ($12). If you are on a ship with the Whiskey Adventure then there will be a lot of items on that list that are too expensive but most ships don't have that so very few drinks are excluded.