Children on Viking Ocean Crusies

Annarundel

I just "googled" your question and found that demographics are for the older professional groups. With the itineraries geared for intense cultural port of calls. One post on trip advisor even "frowned" upon even thinking of bringing children, as the cabins are set up for two passengers. But I thought I did see a couple of "family friendly" cruises

Just curious, are there many children on the Viking Ocean Cruises?

NO!! And those that do travel are teenagers. You will see more of them if you travel during the school holiday periods. On our three cruises, all timed during school vacations, I don't remember seeing any teenaged passengers who weren't well-behaved.

From Viking's Terms and Conditions:

Children/Minors

Due to the nature of our cruise and travel itineraries, the Carrier does not maintain facilities or services for children aboard cruise vessels or otherwise during the trip. On all cruises and cruise journeys, minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied and share a stateroom with a parent, legal guardian or other responsible adult over the age of 21. We reserve the right to limit the number of minors under the age of 18 years on board and on land excursions booked through us.

On our recent Med cruise on the Star, at the welcome aboard reception the captain happily announced that you don't see children on Viking. They certainly do not encourage having children onboard.