Jan 6, 2006 Island Princess Mini-Suite Oversold Situation

funforsun

Maybe if the mini-suite was on a 'SUN' class ship I could have echoed the OP's situation but not on the Island - $4500 is a lot of money to compensate for an extra tv, a sofa and a bathtub...

:cool: :cool:

I agree with you West Coast. I may be "some dumb" but I'm not "plumb dumb".

I'd take this in less than one second!! We've been in both a mini and a balcony and while the mini was slightly nicer, it was no way close to $4,500 nicer!!

Call them back!! Then buy your wife a $4,500 diamond ring or necklace for your anniversary and ask her which she would rather have, the extra 50sq ft or so or the diamond ring!! :)

Now, if you really want to impress your wife for your anniversary, take the $$, give it to her and point her in the direction of the jewelry boutique. I'd have hesitated, maybe, 1 nanosecond. Talked about this with my DF today, and we both agreed that, should either of us get this call, there would be no question!

I'd take this in less than one second!! We've been in both a mini and a balcony and while the mini was slightly nicer, it was no way close to $4,500 nicer!!

Call them back!! Then buy your wife a $4,500 diamond ring or necklace for your anniversary and ask her which she would rather have, the extra 50sq ft or so or the diamond ring!! :)

I'm with you on this one. Take the $4500 and buy your wife a beautiful piece of jewelry or another cruise in a minisuite ~ her choice! For $4500 you can take your next 7 night cruise in a full suite!

Something similar has just happened to us. We were suppose to do the Dec. 20 sailing on the Tahitian Princess. On the Monday prior Princess call with an offer of $2200.00 to change to another date. We turned them down simply because of the added expenses of changing our domestic portion of our flight and, as I had pre-paid our hotels in L.A. and Tahiti to get the best rate, we would lose the money.

A few days later they called again upped the offer to $4400.00 plus an ungrade from BB to BA and they would pay whatever it cost us to change our other arrangements. As it was, the hotels co-operated and were willing to move our dates.

We jumped all over it. We are now going in March. That's a free cruise and as we have no additional costs, I can't see saying "no".

We figure we've won a small lottery. :p

Ok, so we have established that this is a balcony ROOM, not a balcony SUITE. I would take a look at the lay-out of the 2 on the Princess website. To me the mini-suites don't look that much different from the regular rooms. And, for those who have never been in a suite, if the money doesn't bother you, when your room is a nice size, so that you are not cramped and can sit nicely and enjoy your suite, you will probably find that you spend more time in it. Unfortunately, I made a decision about suites and airline seats recently, once you move up to the big size, you can't go back.

Oh Yeah, I hear you on that one. ;)

I heard you both, which is why we COULDN'T do it, plus the 15 days, and the decision is pretty easy. Money isn't the largest issue, but time is....I don't have unlimited vacation time, and the funds are available.

Thanks for all the feedback, as I now understand this is an occurance that happens from time to time. I hope in the future I'll be able to take advantage of these kinds of offers, especially when I have the time to do it.

Archived