Transportation to Brickell

Parking at Brickell isn't that bad. But I do agree with John that depending on the price difference, you may be better off just staying in a Brickell hotel, especially when you factor transportation, etc. If the numbers aren't favorable, you can certainly drive and park or take an Uber, either option is just fine.

Parking at Brickell isn't that bad. But I do agree with John that depending on the price difference, you may be better off just staying in a Brickell hotel, especially when you factor transportation, etc. If the numbers aren't favorable, you can certainly drive and park or take an Uber, either option is just fine.

As someone who lives in Brickell, this time I have to disagree with your assessment! They have torn down many of the public parking lots/garages and built buildings on them. People struggle to find parking here quite often at night, especially on the weekends. My building charges my guests to valet by the hour, up to $20 so friends often try and find parking on the street. Traffic and parking is tough on Thursday thru Saturday nights. There is even a homeless guy who runs around out in the street in front of Perricones trying to point out parking spaces to people. Once the Flatiron building is finished, his "job" will be done.

The parking garage at Brickell Citi Centre has certainly helped to alleviate the situation but even they are busy building a temporary building which will eventually be torn down and it will be parking. Parking is $3 per hour with a maximum of $40 per day at BCC.

If you are going to a restaurant that has valet, by all means take advantage of that.

If you don't want to stay in the Brickell area and want to spend time here, I would price out Uber from your location. Between the tolls on the 836 and the parking costs, uber may not be that far off the mark. Expect to pay around $20 to park your car

As someone who lives in Brickell, this time I have to disagree with your assessment! They have torn down many of the public parking lots/garages and built buildings on them. People struggle to find parking here quite often at night, especially on the weekends. My building charges my guests to valet by the hour, up to $20 so friends often try and find parking on the street. Traffic and parking is tough on Thursday thru Saturday nights. There is even a homeless guy who runs around out in the street in front of Perricones trying to point out parking spaces to people. Once the Flatiron building is finished, his "job" will be done.

The parking garage at Brickell Citi Centre has certainly helped to alleviate the situation but even they are busy building a temporary building which will eventually be torn down and it will be parking. Parking is $3 per hour with a maximum of $40 per day at BCC.

If you are going to a restaurant that has valet, by all means take advantage of that.

If you don't want to stay in the Brickell area and want to spend time here, I would price out Uber from your location. Between the tolls on the 836 and the parking costs, uber may not be that far off the mark. Expect to pay around $20 to park your car

I've been to Brickell quite a few times and never had trouble parking in an available garage. However, I would certainly trust your assessment of the current status. Last time I went it was to Brickell Key (NAOE) and the Courvoisier garage had loads of empty parking, but that is on Brickell Key.

Anyways, I do like the idea of just taking an Uber as the difference in parking vs Uber is almost certainly minimal.

I've been to Brickell quite a few times and never had trouble parking in an available garage. However, I would certainly trust your assessment of the current status. Last time I went it was to Brickell Key (NAOE) and the Courvoisier garage had loads of empty parking, but that is on Brickell Key.

Anyways, I do like the idea of just taking an Uber as the difference in parking vs Uber is almost certainly minimal.

Now that they just took another parking lot away (attached to 600 Brickell) it as gotten worse! We were meeting a friend last Saturday night at BCC and he finally gave up and paid $40 to valet there!

You are right, that parking garage is a great place to find parking but it is over on brickell key.

Now that they just took another parking lot away (attached to 600 Brickell) it as gotten worse! We were meeting a friend last Saturday night at BCC and he finally gave up and paid $40 to valet there!

You are right, that parking garage is a great place to find parking but it is over on brickell key.

Good to know. Our friend in Brickell recently moved away and I haven't been down there lately. That area is always rapidly changing, it's so wild.

If you are there just for a bit the Brickell City Center garage is free for the first two hours IIRC. On a weekday there is plenty of parking in the garages that have visitor spots. Friday and Saturday night they do fill up fast.

If you are there just for a bit the Brickell City Center garage is free for the first two hours IIRC. On a weekday there is plenty of parking in the garages that have visitor spots. Friday and Saturday night they do fill up fast.

They no longer offer the free two hour parking!

Found that out the hard way after I drove down because it was pouring rain! I only live a couple blocks away but it was pouring and I figured I got 2 hours for free so drove.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Thanks everyone for all your replies. I will try one of the garages or street parking. Hopefully it won't be too bad as I will be there early Friday and then heading north towards FLL. I would definitely try uber if it was a Thurs-Sat night. Sounds horrible.

You won't have any issues using one of the garages when you are coming. The garage at Brickell Citi Centre will have plenty of spots during the day and is probably one of the easiest to find a space. It only gets crazier at night.

The parking garage at Mary Brickell Village will also have parking spaces during the day. The garage at The Hampton Inn is also a public parking garage.

There is also a large parking lot right behind the row of shops that houses River Oyster and Bonding, that should be $10 for time that you are there.

Side of the street parking has gotten very tough since there aren't many spaces left plus all the construction so unless you want to spend quite a bit driving around, my suggestion would be a parking garage.