Any good cruise suggestions for Summer 2019?

IMO...you are difficult to please. Stick with what you love and you won't be disappointed. I, personally like to try different things and NEVER stick to any one cruise line or ship. We have cruised almost every major cruise line and have loved every one of them for different reasons. You, on the other hand, want one specific thing..I truly hope you find what you are looking for....

I've been spoiled by Oasis Class, TBH.

I would love to do something different with Royal though.

Perhaps you might want to try a canal, either Panama or Suez.

Suez is a no-go area for me, however Panama sounds enticing. I have to go during July though so that would limit my options.

Adventure would be the only viable one of that class. Possible option though. I loved Explorer, but I just think that the little bit extra length sets Freedom Class apart from Voyager Class in a good way.

Well, we disagree on that. The extra length comes with around 500 more guests, and little in the way of more public space. We actually prefer Voyager class to Freedom class.

Well, we disagree on that. The extra length comes with around 500 more guests, and little in the way of more public space. We actually prefer Voyager class to Freedom class.

Fair enough. I didn't have much difference between my EX and IN experiences, FWIW.

I'm desperate to do an Alaskan Cruise!

Have you thought about Hawaii, Dubai/ Asia, Australia for long-haul destinations?

Otherwise Norwegian Fjords / Northern Cities Cruise sail out of Southampton and Indy does some of these as does Navigator.

-Canaries Cruise

-Greece/ Croatia

Or have a look at sailing out of the California region, not sure what Royal's schedule for this is like.

Are you loyal or Royal or would you consider other ships? P&O have some good Caribbean itineraries and they sail to some ports Royal don't go to / rarely go to. Britannia sails the Caribbean during the winter months which is their biggest ship.

I also worry about going on a smaller ships after having done Oasis, Allure + Harmony!

Should I stick with Oasis Class or something else?

I am very excited to sail Symphony and think that she will really be a step up from her sisters, but beyond that, I will have sailed all 4 and can't think of much else to do with them until O5 comes online.

I'm desperate to do an Alaskan Cruise!

Have you thought about Hawaii, Dubai/ Asia, Australia for long-haul destinations?

Otherwise Norwegian Fjords / Northern Cities Cruise sail out of Southampton and Indy does some of these as does Navigator.

-Canaries Cruise

-Greece/ Croatia

Or have a look at sailing out of the California region, not sure what Royal's schedule for this is like.

Are you loyal or Royal or would you consider other ships? P&O have some good Caribbean itineraries and they sail to some ports Royal don't go to / rarely go to. Britannia sails the Caribbean during the winter months which is their biggest ship.

Loyal 2 Royal all the way!

I am also desperate to do Alaska. Just not with Ovation.

Sailing from Australia is my ultimate bucket list cruise destination, but as I currently have to sail during the Summer, I can't get there for now.

BTW - I don't have any issue with sailing from Southampton. It's the people I sail with that you would have to convince.

Loyal 2 Royal all the way!

I am also desperate to do Alaska. Just not with Ovation.

Sailing from Australia is my ultimate bucket list cruise destination, but as I currently have to sail during the Summer, I can't get there for now.

BTW - I don't have any issue with sailing from Southampton. It's the people I sail with that you would have to convince.

Always much harder when factoring in other people. I'm having the same problem I would like to sail Harmony or Allure again (I also LOVE the Oasis Class, however never sailed any other class.) However, the itinerary has places we've already been too, so other person wants to go on Navigator to some other ports. The ports are amazing, I just worry I'm not going to enjoy the smaller ship. Have you done Navigator?

I did see an Alaskan Cruise on Serenade of the Seas for I believe next year.

Keep us updated on what cruise you decide to take when you find one that suits everyone!

Always much harder when factoring in other people. I'm having the same problem I would like to sail Harmony or Allure again (I also LOVE the Oasis Class, however never sailed any other class.) However, the itinerary has places we've already been too, so other person wants to go on Navigator to some other ports. The ports are amazing, I just worry I'm not going to enjoy the smaller ship. Have you done Navigator?

I did see an Alaskan Cruise on Serenade of the Seas for I believe next year.

Keep us updated on what cruise you decide to take when you find one that suits everyone!

OV & RD for Alaska next year. SR is in the Baltic.

I haven't sailed Navigator. She is another one that is getting a bit tired but is going in for a large refurb next year. I just don't feel that she can compete with Indy in Southampton. Still plenty to offer, just in need of a revitalization. What is the itinerary?

What about Radiance? Would anyone recommend it if I am an Oasis Class fan? Alaska is something that I want to do.

Beautiful ship, but even less to do than Voyager/Freedom. No ice rink, no Royal Promenade, no flowrider. However, there is a covered Solarium with Park Cafe, and several other specialty restaurants.

Beautiful ship, but even less to do than Voyager/Freedom. No ice rink, no Royal Promenade, no flowrider. However, there is a covered Solarium with Park Cafe, and several other specialty restaurants.

I've done Radiance Class twice before - Jewel was a positive, Serenade less so. Radiance does seem perfect for Alaska and has plenty of great restaurants, but the issue is possibly lack of activities for sea days.

OV & RD for Alaska next year. SR is in the Baltic.

I haven't sailed Navigator. She is another one that is getting a bit tired but is going in for a large refurb next year. I just don't feel that she can compete with Indy in Southampton. Still plenty to offer, just in need of a revitalization. What is the itinerary?

The Navigator itinerary would be Miami -> Haiti -> Bonaire -> Curacao -> Aruba -> Miami with 4 sea days.

It's the sea days that worry me, I'm not one for sitting at the pool for much more than 3-4 hours (other person would be there all day.) I like to be up and about doing things usually. There is a lovely looking Carnival Horizon itinerary but I'm Loyal 2 Royal so don't really want to jump ship.

The Navigator itinerary would be Miami -> Haiti -> Bonaire -> Curacao -> Aruba -> Miami with 4 sea days.

It's the sea days that worry me, I'm not one for sitting at the pool for much more than 3-4 hours (other person would be there all day.) I like to be up and about doing things usually. There is a lovely looking Carnival Horizon itinerary but I'm Loyal 2 Royal so don't really want to jump ship.

Very similar to me then. Try and think about what you liked about the Oasis Class as it may still be available on a Voyager or Freedom Class (less so with the others).

Have you sailed anything other than Oasis Class?

I've done Radiance Class twice before - Jewel was a positive, Serenade less so. Radiance does seem perfect for Alaska and has plenty of great restaurants, but the issue is possibly lack of activities for sea days.

Forget to mention the self-leveling pool tables and mini golf.

We did this cruise over Christmas, and it was easily our favorite cruise so far. We enjoyed it much better than Harmony for exactly the reasons that Bob mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Should I stick with Oasis Class or something else?

I am very excited to sail Symphony and think that she will really be a step up from her sisters, but beyond that, I will have sailed all 4 and can't think of much else to do with them until O5 comes online.

I was looking at the 9 night Baltic Cruise on NCL Getaway, as I have heard great things about this ship. The other cruise we are looking at is the 14 night South American cruise (around the horn) - also on NCL. Friends of our did that one last Christmas with their kids and loved it. But, this is on older, smaller NCL ship.

I was looking at the 9 night Baltic Cruise on NCL Getaway, as I have heard great things about this ship. The other cruise we are looking at is the 14 night South American cruise (around the horn) - also on NCL. Friends of our did that one last Christmas with their kids and loved it. But, this is on older, smaller NCL ship.

Those sound like cool itineraries. Did Baltic on Jewel OTS in 2009 - great cruise!

What about Liberty from Galveston? I am wanting to visit the West Coast again and Galveston is relatively nearby. Something about Texas scares me though and it is a long distance from Houston to Galveston.

As much as I love Oasis Class, where else can I go on that class after Symphony? After doing the new ship, I am ready for a different class.

What about Liberty from Galveston? I am wanting to visit the West Coast again and Galveston is relatively nearby. Something about Texas scares me though and it is a long distance from Houston to Galveston.

As much as I love Oasis Class, where else can I go on that class after Symphony? After doing the new ship, I am ready for a different class.

What about the new MSC Meraviglia - doesn’t that come out in 2019? It looks like an interesting ship.

What about the new MSC Meraviglia - doesn’t that come out in 2019? It looks like an interesting ship.

I'm not really wanting to try another line. Trying to keep with RCI. If I were to do something else, probably Carnival or NCL.

From reading the posts you are between a rock and a hard place. All your posts indicate you love the Oasis class ships, but are tired of there itineraries. Unfortunately the Oasis class ship is a warm weather ship and only comes warm weather climate in either the Mediterranean or Eastern or Western Caribbean. These ships will never do Alaska. You do not like the Anthem, and this do not want to do the Ovation in Alaska. You are wishy washy about the Radiance in Alaska as it is small compared to the Oasis.

Based on your posts I’d suggest you stick to what is familiar or you could face disappointment. Stick with an Oasis class ship in the Caribbean or Mediterranean. Based on your posts this is the only viable option. No other line has anything close to the Oasis.

Another option in Alaska, however, is the Norwegian Bliss. Breakaway plus class and brand new. Lots of things to do and in Alaska, but it’s still not an Oasis ship, but at least an alternative to Ovation in Alaska.

Edited by rimmit

For what it’s worth, I loved Alaska. I spent two weeks driving it and have also done a cruise.

Driving Alaska is not nearly as impressive as a cruise. The cruise really hits highlights and gets you to places that are often difficult if not impossible to drive too. Unfortunately, RCI does not do Alaska well and does not have rights to go into Glacier Bay. Holland America and Princess really go all in on Alaska and have the best options there. I know it’s not what you want to hear, but if you are dead set on Alaska I would explore them as well. The ships and crowd however.... leave much to be desired.