airport query

We fly into Orlando (MCO) then rent a car to drive to the beaches (45 minutes'ish) and stay in Cocoa Beach. Preferably the Courtyard by Marriott but there are lots of hotels around Cocoa Beach / Cape Canaveral.

We are looking at booking a cruise out of Orlando Beaches, Fl. We were planning to fly in but I'm not sure where to try to fly to? Orlando then drive over or is there a better option that someone has used? Thanks.

I presume you mean departing out of Port Canaveral, FL on the Atlantic coast, which would be the closest cruise port to Orlando. For that I would suggest flying into Orlando (airport code MCO) and taking one of various available shuttles to the port. You would have the best choices of airlines, schedules, and fares through there.

The other close cruise port to Orlando is on the Gulf Coast in Tampa, (airport code TPA) but you could easily fly directly there for cruises that depart from there.

Everyone who is flying for a ship in Port Canaveral flies into Orlando. Orland is about 60 miles from the port, about an hour away. There are all sorts of ways to get to the port. Some people rent cars and turn them in in Port Canaveral, some take their cruise line bus (but you have to wait until it is full before you leave) and some find other shuttles to the port.

When you get off the ship there are lots of ways to get back to Orlando. There are big buses and smaller shuttles. No problems at all.