Can't miss MSC Drinks & Food...

KnoxRunner

Hey everyone,

Me and the family, DW and Daughters (12&14), are heading out on the Seaside on Saturday in the YC and wanted to see what drinks and food items were MUST for MSC. For example I love the chocolate melting cake on Carnival so I wanted to see what everyone loved about MSC.

I have heard the pasta and lasagna but curious what else. In particular are there drinks that might be a little unique to MSC.

We booked this over a year ago and are very excited!!

Thanks,

Will

YC risotto is great. Only offered once or twice, but they can make it any night if you give them a heads up. I asked about it a lunch one day, and they had it for me that night as an off-menu item.

The short ribs and I think they are only offered at lunch on embarkation day.

Is that the "must have" item for lunch in the YC restaurant on embarkation day? I remember on Divina it was the hamburger.

I’m in YC now. Food is good, but not all excellent. We are still enjoying everything very much! So far must haves: risotto (agree eroller), lasagna (had this in the buffet), prosciutto and salami with cheeses, gelato, crepes (don’t miss these by the far aft pool area), coffee at Venchi. Otherwise nothing has stood out as “can’t miss”. There are some nice sparkling cocktails at the Champagne Bar, and the frozen drinks are all good. Some things, like whipped cream and some desserts, are not as sweet as we are used to - but we are low carb in real life so we really like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 words: BAKED ALASKA. The desserts overall were not that great in the MDR, but the Baked Alaska was out of this world - not only the best dessert I’ve had on a cruise ship but one of the best desserts I’ve ever had in my life.

2 words: BAKED ALASKA. The desserts overall were not that great in the MDR, but the Baked Alaska was out of this world - not only the best dessert I’ve had on a cruise ship but one of the best desserts I’ve ever had in my life.

Wasn’t really a fan. It was ok.

Cruised celebrity last year and they had a lovely little bar by the adult pool that did healthy lunches. Does MSC have anything like this? We are going on the magnifica.

No ... nothing like that on Magnifica. However, there are plenty of healthy choices at the buffet.