£1 Deposit Day - UK Cruisers

hobbsie65

Just taken advantage and booked a couple of cruises with a £1 deposit. I was a bit concerned when the confirmation came through where it stated that cancellation before final payment date would incur a fee of 15% of total cost. Spoke to Princess UK and was told to ignore that - the system hasn’t been adjusted to reflect the low deposit!

We’ll now watch out for price drops and if significant enough, will cancel and rebook using future cruise deposits. It’s such a shame that UK residents can’t cancel and rebook without penalty but I’ll not reopen that contentious topic! :eek:

Just taken advantage and booked a couple of cruises with a £1 deposit. I was a bit concerned when the confirmation came through where it stated that cancellation before final payment date would incur a fee of 15% of total cost. Spoke to Princess UK and was told to ignore that - the system hasn’t been adjusted to reflect the low deposit!

We’ll now watch out for price drops and if significant enough, will cancel and rebook using future cruise deposits. It’s such a shame that UK residents can’t cancel and rebook without penalty but I’ll not reopen that contentious topic! :eek:

I checked as well & just the £1 we lose to cancel. At least that's all we will lose to rebook so happy with that - we also booked a couple of cruises as well. Going on the Crown again next week - tbh it was not a great cruise on her last year so hopefully better this time.

I checked as well & just the £1 we lose to cancel. At least that's all we will lose to rebook so happy with that - we also booked a couple of cruises as well. Going on the Crown again next week - tbh it was not a great cruise on her last year so hopefully better this time.

That’s a shame, we really enjoyed our Transatlantic on the Crown last September. Enjoy!

We had the $1 sale in Canada and the USA last month. The $1 is refundable as well up to final payment. We booked two cruises on the Sky for $4 down.

In the UK we don't have refundable deposits, it's always been cancel and lose it.

as said already lets not get in to that any further...….

Would love to have been able to take this offer up but the next cruise on Princess, after this years, we will be doing is planned for Nov 2020. To soon for that......

Trouble is if you cancel and rebook, along with losing your £1 deposit, you also lose any offer I.e the 3 for free which is presently being offered. You need to weigh that up against the price drop, along with any other benefit bring given with the new price.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

3 for free! 1. A bottle of plonk. 2. A speciality restaurant of their choosing at a time they decide. 3. $100 credit for a shore excursion - we don’t do ship tours!

Give me a decent price drop or obc any day.:')

Forgot to add, the 3 for free wasn’t available on one of the cruises we booked.

3 for free! 1. A bottle of plonk. 2. A speciality restaurant of their choosing at a time they decide. 3. $100 credit for a shore excursion - we don’t do ship tours!

Give me a decent price drop or obc any day.:')

Forgot to add, the 3 for free wasn’t available on one of the cruises we booked.

That's why we didn't book with the £1 deposit. We are not interested in the 3 for free either, for the same reasons as you. A fare drop, along with additional obc, is much more acceptable to us.

That's why we didn't book with the £1 deposit. We are not interested in the 3 for free either, for the same reasons as you. A fare drop, along with additional obc, is much more acceptable to us.

We decided to take the £1 deposit offer to hold the cabin we want. Hopefully, a price drop will come along when we will cancel and rebook the same cabin. Slight risk it doesn’t come off but it’s worked in the past.

We decided to take the £1 deposit offer to hold the cabin we want. Hopefully, a price drop will come along when we will cancel and rebook the same cabin. Slight risk it doesn’t come off but it’s worked in the past.

Same here - we wanted one of those unobstructed obstructed balcony cabins on the Royal in 2020 so this £1 deposit got that for us & we will also cancel & rebook if a better deal comes along. We already get our shareholder & elite onboard credit which is $200 so a nice dent in the bar bill :)

Did not really apply to us because we paid £75pp for a FCD so that would be automatically used as our deposit and also for the fact that the prices of cruises for the UK in 2019 are very high and will wait for the price to come down as they usually do closer to the date. Unfortunately I do not think Princess honour new (lower) prices in the UK like they do in US anymore like they have in the past.

Did not really apply to us because we paid £75pp for a FCD so that would be automatically used as our deposit and also for the fact that the prices of cruises for the UK in 2019 are very high and will wait for the price to come down as they usually do closer to the date. Unfortunately I do not think Princess honour new (lower) prices in the UK like they do in US anymore like they have in the past.
Exactly the same reason as us. That is why we haven't been drawn into the £1 deposit offer. Like you we have a FCD which we can use and also the mini suites we book are over £800 p.p dearer than we paid for the same cruise this year. The present 3 for free comes to an end on 2 July, and we find the basic fare then drops more than the benefit gained of the 3 for free. Also there is usually an obc offer alongside.

We used the £1 offer because we wanted to upgrade to a mini-suite on our Royal Princess California cruise next year. The price had come down considerably since we booked with a FCD and, even although we didn't get the FCD back from cancelling the original booking, it was a better deal with the 3 for Free perks and the price drop. If I had tried to upgrade on the original booking then would have had to pay the original minisuite price. It's annoying not to be able to benefit from price drops by default..

We have several FCDs ‘in the bank’ but chose to book on the £1 deposit - it wasn’t automatic use of FCD. We have secured the cabin we want and if the price drops we will cancel, and rebook using a FCD. Even if the price doesn’t drop we have the choice to cancel altogether or rebook with FCD getting the obc.

We are on Sapphire Princess in August, do you have any information on the wine package?

Yes, wine packages were offered and we usually buy one but on our May sailing (7 days) we took 4 bottles on board fully expecting to pay corkage on two of them but no one was there to administer it. We took our bottles into dinner but again there was no interest in administering the corkage fee.

The wine packages are offered at two levels (Silver and Gold) and each allows you to select a bottle up to a specified amount. I think you can buy packages for 3, 5 or 7 bottles - sorry but I can’t remember the costs.