Port Everglades - After the Cruise?

Booked a room at the B Ocean Resort for the night our cruise arrives. Figured we could chill on the beach for the day and then fly home the following day. A way to ease our way back to real life.

Of course, we won’t be able to check into the hotel at 9am after disembarkation. So what to do? I could rent a car, but hate to pay parking at the resort. Uber to the resort and check our bags for the day until we can check in?

Open to suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

9AM is pretty early, considering most place you can't check in until 1 or 2 PM.

Why not stay on the ship until 9?

You misread OP. S/he said:

...Of course, we won’t be able to check into the hotel at 9am after disembarkation. So what to do? I could rent a car, but hate to pay parking at the resort. Uber to the resort and check our bags for the day until we can check in? ...

There is a bar behind B Ocean called the world famous Parrot. Not sure of your situation, but I love that place—usually for the night before a cruise though.

As for what to do at 9??? Uber and check the bags. Go find a lounger on the beach until the Parrot opens.

After a cruise, spending the day on the beach isn't as appealing as pre-cruise. We've Ubered to Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort for lunch and walking the boardwalk, Coconuts for Lunch, American Social for Brunch, the Elbow Room for cocktails, and Southport Raw Bar for dinner. I'm probably forgetting a couple but the ones I mentioned are all casual all the time.

By the way, if you haven't checked it out before, take a walk next door and have a look at the Marriott. We stayed at the B in January and one walk through next door convinced us to try it out next January. It's an amazing facility.

Check with Hotel, some will let you check in early. One I stay at in Boston has 3pm check in, they let me at 11am right after I land. Another one FLL same, check in 3 hrs early. Doesn't hurt to ask. I usually e-mail Hotel at least month ahead of time, then get confirm for early arrival. But only speak with Manager not desk clerk. ...