Port Liberty Transportation

We are now informed that we cannot have UBER pick us up at the port and take us to EWR when we disembark on July 6, due to taxi contracts, There are 8 of us and 8 pieces of luggage. How much are RCCL transfers to EWR? How much is a taxi to EWR? How about Dial 7? Any information/advice is welcome. Thank you.

When did this happen ? Uber worked out so well for us this past October from the port to EWR.

There's always the taxi line or RCI was offering transfers (not sure of how early your flight can be) but when we were on there was a notice in the Cruise Compass on day 4 offering transfers to EWR for afternoon flights for $28.50 pp. The deadline for purchasing transfers was day 6 at noon. Check your Cruise Compass carefully for details.

Also a taxi shuttle $20.00pp but we noticed how looong that line was and glad we opted for Uber.

Hope this helps...best of luck...and hope this dispute gets cleared up soon.

Not too sure about the recent "news" on Uber or Lyft not being allowed at the port for pick-up. Last May for my Celebrity Summit cruise there was a handwritten sign upon exiting the terminal that rideshare patrons needed to go to the overflow parking area to meet their rides.

We are now informed that we cannot have UBER pick us up at the port and take us to EWR when we disembark on July 6, due to taxi contracts, There are 8 of us and 8 pieces of luggage. How much are RCCL transfers to EWR? How much is a taxi to EWR? How about Dial 7? Any information/advice is welcome. Thank you.

Could you tell us the source of your information that you cannot have Uber pick you up at Cape Liberty? No one has complained that Uber is not available from Cape Liberty to EWR.

With 8 people you will do better splitting up into 2 groups of 4.

We will be disembarking Anthem at Port Liberty on Sept. 1st, and will need to get to Newark airport. Since our flight isn't until 4:30 in the afternoon, we are hoping to stay on the ship as late as possible until they throw us off. We thought we'd take Uber or Lyft to the airport, but if we can't, will there still be taxis hanging around at the terminal?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

There was a posting recently where someone said they took UBER from EWR to the port, but the driver told them they were not allowed to pick up passengers at the port due to some type of "exclusive" contract between the port and the taxi services. It could be true as I have seen these types of disputes at various airports around the country. If anyone has used UBER or LYFT from the port to EWR in the last few weeks, I would like to know. If so, we will plan to leave the ship about 9:30 and get 2 UBERS. If not available, we will have to take taxis, which I believe are $20 pp.

We will be disembarking Anthem at Port Liberty on Sept. 1st, and will need to get to Newark airport. Since our flight isn't until 4:30 in the afternoon, we are hoping to stay on the ship as late as possible until they throw us off. We thought we'd take Uber or Lyft to the airport, but if we can't, will there still be taxis hanging around at the terminal?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

Perhaps not hanging around but dropping off new cruisers. You may need to call for a taxi. You might also consider Royal’s excursion to Manhattan with drop off at the airport. We had a late flight too and did that. It was a bit pricey but a good way to burn a few hours. Got to see the new WTC and ground zero memorial.

We were approached by a gentleman at Cape Liberty on our arrival from the cruise just two days ago. He said "wait here, I'll be driving a black suburban" as we waited, a safety vest guy told us it was illegal for us to ride in something other than a taxi. The man showed up, we piled in. The ride back to our hotel where our car was parked cost us only $20; the ride TO the liberty cruise terminal was $70 on a regular cab - certainly, I'll choose Uber over a cab anyday because of this.

Turned out the safety vest guy was a union guy for the yellow cabs. I learned never to be bullied into a cab ride by these guys. If Uber is cheaper, color me there.