Equinox Live June 16-23, 2018

BermudaBound2014

Speaking of dailies. My internet isn’t quite as strong from the balcony so

I’m posting these in a smaller format. Let me know if the quality is reduced and I’ll save the pics and upload from home. Otherwise I delete the photos once I post.

32653de1d041311d79d784c2c97590dd.jpg

a776ed9569b691fae3d3a3f2af967c1c.jpg

709d484da720559127c82f1b369140d0.jpg

3a8f4b827d33c190c3cb0875aa82f4de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time warp... First time I sailed into Cozumel was with my mom in 1987. We snuck into this u shape hotel in the background of the photo below (not sure of the name) but im positive this is the same hotel. We also did some great snorkeling in front of palapa. We saw a massive ray. My mom has dementia now and can no longer take care of herself. Dad is gone now too, but boy does mom light up every time I pull out our travel photos. The memories are still there for sure. We were blessed to travel together every year for 23 years straight. I may sneak into the hotel for nostalgic purposes. I still have a great picture of her and I on a staircase balcony from there. I haven’t sailed into the international pier in years so this is quite a walk down memory lane.

Cin just rang and she’s ready so we are off to the races. Here is a photo from my balcony this morning....

15a827ead26b85ca8d76d9719b306bd6.jpg

Whoever named that lucious confection "Cake of the Day" needs to be replaced by someone with more creativity! Interested to hear about the spa you girls go to! That's wonderful that you have those memories of traveling with your Mom. My Mom died when I was 31 but my mother-in-law was a great, fun lady and we traveled with her for years and years. She walked further on The Great Wall in China than I did and she was 46 years older than I!

So, cin and I each have our own room and 4 bottles of wine which are now gone. The drink package would have cost us nearly $1000 pp more since the zero single supplement was not available on perk packages. I can drink a cocktail or two, but even in my drinking days it would be hard for me to run my bar tab to make the package even remotely cost effective.

I'm confused when you say single supplement on the drinks package, you don't pay any extra for just buying one. On Celebrity even with double occupancy only one person in the cabin can buy the package so they are priced individually.

I'm confused when you say single supplement on the drinks package, you don't pay any extra for just buying one. On Celebrity even with double occupancy only one person in the cabin can buy the package so they are priced individually.

What I wrote was confusing, sorry. I should have typed that had I switched to the “free” drink perk at time of booking it would have cost nearly $1,000. Because there I would have had to double the base cost as there was a 100% solo supplement when purchasing with a free perk. It was only the bottom line / no frills package that waived single supplement. We certainly could have added on the drink package after booking but it’s not a good value for me.

Today’s plans changed when I realized that cin got far too much sun yesterday and was in no shape for a massage. She ended up staying on board and I walked down the the hotel I mentioned. I couldn’t get in without buying a day pass (/security was tight). The vendors were way more aggressive than they ever have been. Perhaps because I was walking around alone? Anyway, it wasn’t fun and I’m not into T-shirt’s from

Mexico made in China so I headed across the street to the Harley Davison mall where I found both a pharmacy and massage place. The massage was $40 for one hour so no a great price but it was nice and cool in the room and the therapist couldn’t have been any sweeter.

I was back onboard with enough time to enjoy a nearly empty pool so did the pool/hot tub rotation a few times. Lunch today must have been an Italian theme because they had this tomato/mozzarella station and Cannolis. I had both.

I am still LOVING this ship. So many little touches. The service has been consistently outstanding and the food excellent by cruise ship standards.

Tonight is the ROX party at the pool. According to the daily it is Music from

“The Beatles to Bon Jovi.” I must confess I’m an 80s girl so this is right up my alley.

Tomorrow is grand cayman. Our original plan was just to bus to 7 mile beach but since the itinerary has changed we are now arriving at 11 am (instead of 7am). We booked an actual ship tour to ensure we can tender off at reasonable time. Plus, I still have a decent amount of OBC to use. We will visit the stingrays and spend some time on rum point.

Current view from my balcony...

0d9986ec7d16a7d640bb3d5f890c5bd5.jpg367f62f11c671f6d4d5aeeedf075f9e2.jpg

We are docked next to allure so the area around the port was packed- it was very nice to beat the crowds back in. The line through security looks brutal from here.

db4f7ae9d277f4940f660a006dbd30ee.jpg

26de571e323989957c2ae6f824c3cdba.jpg

02ad462976c61a9dc083b950bae148cf.jpg

Have I mentioned it’s the little things I love about celebrity? This is the line on the pier for allure guests to check out towels- celebrity treats guests like responsible adults. Also- i watched a security lady actually open a water bottle to smell it.69f1c88fb483a932f64ba509354c8a3e.jpg

Loving your review. We are on the 11 night Caribbean sailing out of Miami in Sept. Our first time with Celebrity although we have been with Disney,Royal Caribbean,Carnival,P&O,Princess and a couple of others.

Thank you for the compliment- it’s like feeding a beast :)

I have also sailed on many lines (Including some no longer with us). In the last few years I’ve sailed rcl (anthem and rhapsody), ncl (breakaway, getaway, and jade) and 2 cruises on MSc (inside and outside of yacht club). I’ve also sailed carnival, princess, etc over the years. I truly believe you will be very much pleased with your choice of Celebrity. They hold their own and then some among the current lines. It’s hard for me to imagine anyone being disappointed when comparing celebrity to other main stream lines!!

Thank you for sharing your live review of the Equinox. We will be boarding her on July 14th and are super excited!

Can you share information related to the time change? Did this happen in Key West? Specifically, I am looking for ship time vs. ET when in Grand Cayman as we are chartering a sailboat for the day and want to ensure we have the time correct.

Thanks in advance.

Stay on ship time!! If it leaves Miami, it will be on Florida time zone.

Cheryl

Stay on ship time!! If it leaves Miami, it will be on Florida time zone.

Cheryl

I think you may be incorrect on this one. The ship changed time the evening of leaving key west. It is currently 3:00 ship time (and 4:00 EST, aka Miami time). There is no notice we will be switching back to EST this evening. That means that the catamaran in grand cayman should be booked according to central time zone (or one hour behind est). I’ll update if we do change clocks back tonight.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you for the compliment- it’s like feeding a beast :)

I have also sailed on many lines (Including some no longer with us). In the last few years I’ve sailed rcl (anthem and rhapsody), ncl (breakaway, getaway, and jade) and 2 cruises on MSc (inside and outside of yacht club). I’ve also sailed carnival, princess, etc over the years. I truly believe you will be very much pleased with your choice of Celebrity. They hold their own and then some among the current lines. It’s hard for me to imagine anyone being disappointed when comparing celebrity to other main stream lines!!

Where is the "Like" button! I agree 100%!

Thanks everyone-

Here is one last post while I am still connected. Outside the medical center (deck 2) there is a vending machine selling various medicine for 25 cents. Tylenol, ibuprofen, something for a cold, tums, etc...Info Might help someone in a pinch...

7d1b51ba8dd2143b150c14581b03b502.jpg

Edited by BermudaBound2014

BermudaBound, look at the post you made of the embarkation daily. It shows both when the Evening Chic nights are, it also tells you when you change the time. You change again the evening of Grand Cayman.

No world cruise per se, but I have seen a lot of the world on land trips. I’m glad I got to some countries that I wouldn’t go to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by helen haywood

Loving your trip report! We’ll be on this same itinerary in a December for our first time on a Celebrity.

We’re really looking forward to it, and your travelogue and photos have made us really anxious.

We’re fairly experienced cruisers; mostly on Royal. We’ll be Bermuda Bound (first time there, too) in April on Anthem. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums