Equinox Live June 16-23, 2018

BermudaBound2014

Thanks for the great live report! We'll be on the June 30 sailing, so really appreciate your notes. This is going to seem like a really specific question, but how is the fruit selection in the buffet in the mornings? I've always loved waking up to fresh tropical fruit in the morning on vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We go on this same cruise at the end of the month. I see the change in itinerary order.... is that a change versus what you anticipated? Thank you for the daily paper....helps me plan a bit...

Thanks Helen! I skipped desert entirely last night because nothing caught my eye. I have had my share of the low fat yogurt options (mandarine was my fav but yesterday’s blueberry was good). I also had the lime sherbet for lunch one day which was very refreshing.

We got off and walked around the costa maya tourist attraction. They did a decent job trying to make it look like a real Mexican town, and the vendors were authentic, but the dolphin captivity was a huge turn off for me. I do understand there is some educational benefit, but I do encourage anyone wanting to do an dolphin encounter to research the captive conditions. The only dolphin encounter I recommend it in Anthony’s key Honduras which is a genuine dolphin rehabilitation center. Ok off my soap box.

94bfe3c9ae937b2a67e63accf20d1547.jpg

57e109540710c38e49891eb718ac78f1.jpg

Taking over the world...

cc05b74fa01fe43f9c42cea97b2c0e7d.jpg

11b2f96f910a7d7636fcc05270966f26.jpg

ecec46f99b491661e7b27cbac88c3f21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do offer a variety of massage services including a hammock massage that looked a bit uncomfortable. If you are really interested in massage I recommend the $2.00 cab to Mahahaul where you can get an hour for half the price.

This is something I was interested in and couldn’t find prior so here are the prices 8134ccc91531d6332ddd1e2c414123d2.jpg

64089f2fe1e15a9e26c6acb63406457b.jpg

33bef403f25d6ede989313bd4b98282f.jpg

We go on this same cruise at the end of the month. I see the change in itinerary order.... is that a change versus what you anticipated? Thank you for the daily paper....helps me plan a bit...

We were notified of the change by our big box agency a few weeks prior to sailing. Apparently the itinerary was changed sometime late April or may (we booked mid April) because several people on our roll call had this itinerary when they booked. Apparently those that booked direct with celebrity were not notified, so you may want to double check.

Canadian- I’m a fruit snob too. I’m even picky about how it’s cut. Pictures tomorrow just for you :)

Question... we don't get internet. I see Starbucks in one of your photos... Do you know if they had free wifi? If so, tell me if you see one in Cozumel. We usually use our Elite 90 minutes to check email halfway through cruise. Nice if we could also check another time as well.... using free wifi.

We have made our home for the rest of the day. Right in front of an open window where the breeze is heavenly. The pool area is pretty busy for a port day. However things could be much worse.....

7adcf5544300516871c617f5b60d53a0.jpg

Beautiful! That’s one of our favorite spots on a ship. Thanks very much for your response to my question earlier about the loungers; so glad it looks like you’re having a wonderful cruise!

Question... we don't get internet. I see Starbucks in one of your photos... Do you know if they had free wifi? If so, tell me if you see one in Cozumel. We usually use our Elite 90 minutes to check email halfway through cruise. Nice if we could also check another time as well.... using free wifi.

There is WiFi all over the costa maya port area and also Cozumel. It’s nearly required anymore if businesses want to be competitive. You will have zero difficulty finding WiFi in any port.

Do you have Verizon by chance? If so, that will be cheaper than buying a coffee at Starbucks. It’s $5.00 for 24 hours. I could have signed on this afternoon and carried my 24 hours into Cozumel tomorrow but I’m a big spender and will splurge on both days ;). The reception on the ship is terrific. You just need to sign on and make sure the international plan is active. It costs nothing to activate everyone should do it regardless. We travel internationally quite often and find it the best way to go. It’s $5.00 for 24 hours in Mexico or Canada and $10 in all other places. Super easy.

We once had an Uber driver in Seattle who joked that week there was a new Starbucks opening...inside a Starbucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s bad everywhere - but actually comical in Seattle.

Dutch- not sure about Maartin but if I hear I’ll let you know.

The windows got washed today which makes things look sparkly.

aced3b85eac3253ee5752c4f00ef9548.jpg

Here is another photo regarding shade at the main pool area. We camped out all day today and it was lovely. They had to close the window for a few minutes to wash them and it did get stuffy quickly but once the window was back open it was perfect temp. Nothing like sitting in the shade on a hot day with a cool breeze.

fc715edf2315fec0b605c9dfb8303eb0.jpg

Tonight’s show is Elysium and we plan to catch the early show before dinner. Lunch was buffet. I’m boring and had another salad but this time I went wild and put a scoop of tuna on it. There is a nice sandwich making station. They have all different types of lunch meats, tuna salad, Egg salad, and chicken salad. Many choices of breads, rolls, or croissants (omg-

Totally off topic but I had a chocolate croissant this morning that was fabulous, it’s too early in the cruise to discover those treats). I also discovered a very good balsamic drizzled tomato and mozzarella number in the aqua spa. That Venue is growing on me after all. Tonight is smart casual which i am interpreting as comfy because my personal quest for the evening is to scoop out the desserts in cafe al bacio. I have yet to get a dessert I have fallen in love with but something tells me that is about to change. Note to self, must hit gym soon. Tonight is also the marriage games - which, according to the cd is “just like the hunger games only with more carnage”

I didn’t realize how long we are in Port today- 7-6 is a long port day. I’ll be losing internet again so I leave you with this parting shot from my balcony...

a32b9fb6116d26e96f43e70717b2fba3.jpg

Edited by BermudaBound2014

I didn’t realize how long we are in Port today- 7-6 is a long port day. I’ll be losing internet again so I leave you with this parting shot from my balcony...

a32b9fb6116d26e96f43e70717b2fba3.jpg

Wow! How could you not get off and go in that water? It's so beautiful, I'd have to go for a swim. I don't think I've ever stayed on the ship during a port stop even if I've been there a dozen times. Just can't do it :)

Thanks for the review, enjoying it.

Wow! How could you not get off and go in that water? It's so beautiful, I'd have to go for a swim. I don't think I've ever stayed on the ship during a port stop even if I've been there a dozen times. Just can't do it :)

Thanks for the review, enjoying it.

If you thought we were lame yesterday your going to eyeroll out loud today. We originally planned Nachi, but when the times changed to all aboard at 3:30 we scrapped that idea and are going to go find a spa I’ve visited numerous times downtown.

And i agree- Yes, the water looked amazing! (Sorry bout that Helen). Especially the deeper water in the photo. I wanted to jump in from the pier, but as we got closer to shore the sargassum invasion became more evident and based on the photos and reviews I’ve read it’s even worse in mahahaul :(.

KBB- I remember this port being built and had to look it up this morning. It opened 17 years ago! Seems like yesterday. I’m really getting sunk into a time warp as i age. I do think you will find costa maya port different if you have only been three once in 15 years. They have done expansions to the port area (water park close, zip line, chocolate museum, etc...), but the biggest change is going to be the sargassum invasion. Oh, and they are also expanding the pier to hold an oasis class (of course).

Yesterday was officially the day of Lame. Shortly after leaving port we went to the sunset bar to watch, well, the sunset. It ended up not setting until 8:00 pm. By that time we were feeling exceptionally lazy. We skipped dinner in mdr and opted for the buffet. I had minute steak and salad with,,,, BLUe CHeeSE! The minute steak was surprisingly delicious. Try to pick a thicker piece and it’s even medium rare. The desserts last night at cafe bucio looked good, but they had this warm chocolate strudel thing at the buffet that won my heart.

14173681d2afcc5d777a3867ef75ff7e.jpg

Saving trying the cafe’ desserts for tonight but they did look delicious-