Faster to the Fun Price Increased

Freebird63

Faster to the Fun price has increased again. I purchased it for a July 2018 six day cruise on the Carnival Vista in October 2017 for $69.95. It is now $89.95 for the same cruise. The price has been going up every year for this perk. Geez! :o:(

Faster to the Fun price has increased again. I purchased it for a July 2018 six day cruise on the Carnival Vista in October 2017 for $69.95. It is now $89.95 for the same cruise. The price has been going up every year for this perk. Geez! :o:(

And for alot of people, totally worth it.

Also never saw the economy of it.we get on the ship when we get on.we tender when it our turn.never missed anything.i d rather buy trinkets at port with the money.to each their own lots of people enjoy it.im just not one.

Yes, they continue to raise the cost of FTTF and many folks here (me included) believe they will keep doing so until the pain point for a majority of their customers is reached and sales drop off significantly.

Thanks Joepeka! :D

You are most welcome. I make that statement about "your money" because as this thread evolves, you will likely find there will be some who question the value of FTTF and say it's just a money grab for Carnival or other "it's not worth it" statements. That characterization may be right for them but for others it is not and if they (you in this case) see value in the cost, then it's your prerogative to spend your money on it without regret. :)

Edited by joepeka

I love FTTF, and have purchased it for every cruise. I buy it for the sole purpose of having my room ready when I board since we always carry on all of our luggage. The rest of the perks are just “meh” to me but I will certainly continue to buy it until I either reach platinum or it rises significantly more than it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And if fools keep buying it , guess ?? it will be 109.95 next year.

Carowinds charges an extra $50 per ticket to get Fast Lane, which allows you to cut lines at the popular rides. I understand it's even more at bigger parks like Universal or Disney.

People pay big for this privilege all over, it's not specific to Carnival or cruises. To each their own! I spend what FTTF costs on what I'm sure others would call frivolous things! We all spend our money the way we want, it's part of why we work to be able to enjoy leisure!

I love FTTF, and have purchased it for every cruise. I buy it for the sole purpose of having my room ready when I board since we always carry on all of our luggage. The rest of the perks are just “meh” to me but I will certainly continue to buy it until I either reach platinum or it rises significantly more than it is now.

Do $90 for the privilege of carrying on your luggage? SMH. [emoji41]

Carowinds charges an extra $50 per ticket to get Fast Lane, which allows you to cut lines at the popular rides. I understand it's even more at bigger parks like Universal or Disney.

Been to Disney World several times. The Fastpasses to get on the rides quicker are free.

I hope a lot of people keep buying it. That way us late arrivers and easy-goers will have less of a crowd to deal with!

You are most welcome. I make that statement about "your money" because as this thread evolves, you will likely find there will be some who question the value of FTTF and say it's just a money grab for Carnival or other "it's not worth it" statements. That characterization may be right for them but for others it is not and if they (you in this case) see value in the cost, then it's your prerogative to spend your money on it without regret. :)

You were right. Someone just referred to the OP and others that like FTTF “fools.” :rolleyes: Another person referred to it as “$90 to carry on your luggage.” They turn mean spirited really quick. Just because you don’t see the value in something doesn’t mean it isn’t of value. And name calling shows a complete lack of class. I have no idea what the reference to carrying on luggage is about. They obviously have no idea what FTTF is about. I’m platinum now but when we used to use FTTF it was never about getting our luggage carried on. We loved the short line at guest services, the priority tenders, and early boarding. And even though I’m platinum and some of my peers complain about the FTTF people, I don’t. I understand why they purchase it and the value they see in it.

I hope a lot of people keep buying it. That way us late arrivers and easy-goers will have less of a crowd to deal with!

Yes. LAST cruise we walked right in at our assigned check-in time, waited just a few minutes and were called to board. We were aboard just a few minutes after our friends who had purchases FTTF

You were right. Someone just referred to the OP and others that like FTTF “fools.” :rolleyes: Another person referred to it as “$90 to carry on your luggage.” They turn mean spirited really quick. Just because you don’t see the value in something doesn’t mean it isn’t of value. And name calling shows a complete lack of class. I have no idea what the reference to carrying on luggage is about. They obviously have no idea what FTTF is about. I’m platinum now but when we used to use FTTF it was never about getting our luggage carried on. We loved the short line at guest services, the priority tenders, and early boarding. And even though I’m platinum and some of my peers complain about the FTTF people, I don’t. I understand why they purchase it and the value they see in it.

I don't know but I didn't find dsotm73's post mean spirited.

He simply asked a question while shaking his head.

The reference to carrying on your luggage was about moongals's post stating she pays the $90 just so her room is ready since she carries on her bags.

Anyway was just my take on the reference. Did't find it inflammatory at all.

The other person that said people are fools should be taken for what they are. That poster is the Henny Youngman of the Carnival board.

YMMV

Bill

I haven’t quite reached my pain point yet! I still will purchase it if available.

It has reached the pain point for us. Just 16 more cruise days (two more 8 day cruises) needed and we'll be at the Platinum level. Back before Carnival came up with FTTF, we seemed to manage okay with our carry-ons until our cabin was ready. I think we can make it through our next two cruises without it. ;)

I have never used FTTF, but I see its appeal. On my second cruise ever, Breeze out of Miami, we literally checked in at the airport, took our transfer to the ship, and got on almost immediately. It was amazing. Our luggage was delivered in the evening, as normal.

I am not surprised that the price is going up. Carnival is in the business of making money, and FTTF is like free money for them. I think of it like this, some rooms will be ready for others as the stewards go room to room preparing them. Once plats and diamonds are taken care of, if there is still time to get some ready prior to the masses boarding, why not offer a price to have YOUR cabin be the one ready first. It doesn't cost Carnival anything extra to do, so it is all profit. The fact that it tends to sell out so fast means there is more demand than supply, so charging more means making more. I expect this to keep happening until FTTF starts to "almost sell out" on each cruise.

Cannot say I blame them, but for us, my wife and I are happy to self-assist our single 24-in carry on and two backpacks, and wait till 1:30 to go to our room. Once we hit platinum (after the next cruise, we will have 20 points to go), then of course we will get excited about the early boarding (and the laundry). Like Cheers and so many other programs, maybe it is worth it to someone, maybe not. It is definitely worth it for Carnival ;);)