No RC 7-nt to Bermuda Next summer

Royal doesn't do 7 nighters there

They are this year. I am going on a 7 night cruise to Bermuda on Serenade of the Seas from Boston in October. They are doing 3 or 4 Seven night cruises to Bermuda from Boston in Sept-October this year. Wonder why they aren’t doing it in 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are this year. I am going on a 7 night cruise to Bermuda on Serenade of the Seas from Boston in October. They are doing 3 or 4 Seven night cruises to Bermuda from Boston in Sept-October this year. Wonder why they aren’t doing it in 2019?

RCI does not normally do 7 night Bermuda cruises during peak (summer) season. The only ships that regularly do those are the Celebrity Summit and NCL Eclipse.

This year RCI has a few "shoulder" season sailings to Bermuda in late Sept, Oct, Nov that are 7 days in length, These are after the Summit ends its season in Bermuda and the pier space is available. But, think about it, Bermuda in October or November is a lot cooler than during the summer.

Steve

RCI does not normally do 7 night Bermuda cruises during peak (summer) season. The only ships that regularly do those are the Celebrity Summit and NCL Eclipse.

This year RCI has a few "shoulder" season sailings to Bermuda in late Sept, Oct, Nov that are 7 days in length, These are after the Summit ends its season in Bermuda and the pier space is available. But, think about it, Bermuda in October or November is a lot cooler than during the summer.

Steve

I was just replying to the post that said RCI never has 7 day cruises to Bermuda. From what I have read Sept-Oct are great months for beach and water temp in Bermuda. Actually better then May and June temperature wise and the island is a lot less crowded too. https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00014b.htm

I searched RC’s website for 7 night Bermuda cruises next year and can’t seem to find any. All that comes up is a 5 night on ATS and GTS. Does anyone have any information about this?

Odd, I see five 7-night cruises to Bermuda on Grandeur in 2019

Also two 7-night cruises to Bermuda on Serenade in 2019

Not thinking the OP wants to go to Boston to embark

Umm Bermuda in October is just as warm as September, I have been there in October and November and it was high 70’s-80’s and perfect swimming weather - RCCL stopped the 7 nt Bermuda in 2013 when they pulled Explorer out of Bayonne - Anthem is doing them late fall -

Umm Bermuda in October is just as warm as September, I have been there in October and November and it was high 70’s-80’s and perfect swimming weather - RCCL stopped the 7 nt Bermuda in 2013 when they pulled Explorer out of Bayonne - Anthem is doing them late fall -

Agree, Bermuda average in Oct is high 80...

Odd, I see five 7-night cruises to Bermuda on Grandeur in 2019

Also two 7-night cruises to Bermuda on Serenade in 2019

Grandeur cruises only spend one day in Bermuda, go to South Carolina also.

October is my favorite month to go to Bermuda. We learned our lesson the hard way, the first time going there in May. Holy freezing water! April, May and even June, the water is quite chilly. We learned that the locals don't even go in the water until July. October...ahhhhh.....wonderful.

Lost count of how many times we have been to Bermuda. Go every chance we get!

October is my favorite month to go to Bermuda. We learned our lesson the hard way, the first time going there in May. Holy freezing water! April, May and even June, the water is quite chilly. We learned that the locals don't even go in the water until July. October...ahhhhh.....wonderful.

Lost count of how many times we have been to Bermuda. Go every chance we get!

I only have been to Bermuda one other time it was the first week of June a few years ago and I agree water was a bit chilly! That’s why we booked for later in the season (October) this time. Excited to compare!

Edited by ajp_99

I searched RC’s website for 7 night Bermuda cruises next year and can’t seem to find any. All that comes up is a 5 night on ATS and GTS. Does anyone have any information about this?

Really not a big fan of the five night to Bermuda. We did one one last year and we basically ended up with an afternoon and the next morning docked. Hard to plan a beach day around that. Definitely prefer the seven day we did to Bermuda a couple of years ago. Docked for a couple of days, plenty of time to hit the beach, Dockyard, and ferry over to Hamilton or St George.

Why aren’t there any cruises leaving from Florida to Bermuda?

It's probably a much longer answer, but here are some factors that would influence the decision.

There are only two berths for today's ships of medium size or larger.

Bermuda is a minimum 36 to 40 hours of sailing from the nearest port.

NYC, Boston, and Baltimore are the closest embarkation ports to Bermuda and these ports have minimal options for sailings of 7 days or less. (Bermuda/Canada/Bahamas)

Also, I suspect that the cruise lines can charge higher fares for NYC to Bermuda than FLA to Bermuda.

Try Celebrity Cruise (sister company) We had a wonderful 7 night cruise in September a few years back on Celebrity from NJ/NY area. We chose celebrity as we also stayed longer in Bermuda than all of the other cruises with the same date/time.