Pearl Island Escape excursion - Nassau

Yes, I will probably post something in the port of call section, but this is a Royal offering, so there are aspects related to that, I will ask here. (Sorry if I denied you a post count ) I think my upcoming cruise will be my 7th or 8th stop in Nassau, so I am struggling for something new to do here. This one popped up in my cruise planner right under the offerings for Cozumel. (My cruise doesn't go to Cozumel)

considering.jpg

On my last Blue Lagoon excursion I may have noticed an island like this on our boat ride over and I remember thinking, just drop me off there for 5-6 hours and pick me up on the way back!.

I would pay extra for an excursion if they really limited the number of people, but as you can see this is a Royal Excursion, so they may send 500 people to a postage stamp island. Anyone done this one yet? The last time I was in Nassau on Majesty last year we were the only ship in port and Blue Lagoon wasn't crowded. But on our next visit I will be on Enchantment and Mariner will also be in port. If nobody else has done this, I may brave it and report back.

Been to Pearl Island at least 4 times now since last October, have not done the snorkeling. I would definitely go back again as it never seemed crowded and they only take 200 guests max., the boat ride over was nice, food was plentiful and good, staff was very friendly and paddleboarding is free. I don't believe they reached the max of 200 guests each time we were there as beach chairs were always available. I posted some additional info and pictures here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2548890

I also did VIP Blue Lagoon and I prefer Pearl Island, less people.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2604951

Enjoy your day if you go!

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

I'll check out this site at lunch - http://www.pearlislandbahamas.com/home Trip advisor reviews are good, I've booked it, will report back in about 100 days. Still interested in any one else's experience. Particularly with the RC part of it.

I've just been looking at this tour for our cruise next August (quiet day at work :D here in the UK).

Its a lot cheaper to book direct from the website you found but appears that you can't if you are on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Enjoy your day if you go!

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

We will do the snorkel and I'll probably take my Go pro.

Edited by BillOh

I've just been looking at this tour for our cruise next August (quiet day at work :D here in the UK).

Its a lot cheaper to book direct from the website you found but appears that you can't if you are on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

If you remember, let me know how it goes for you. I'll be a few weeks after.

Thanks!

I was pleased to get this information via email today.

Hi Bill,

thank you for your message.

Don’t worry our island is never overcrowded and we guarantee everybody a beach chair.

You also have your own ferry which only picks up Enchantment guests.

We are looking forward to seeing you in September.

Kind regards,

Philipp Rebmann

Marketing & Sales Manager

Loved Pearl Island. We were there just in May. We were on Harmony and the ferry to Pearl was just our cruisers. PLENTY of room on ferry and island. NEVER felt crowded. The food was delicious. My husband complemented the chef and he was as proud as can be. All local dishes. You will enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loved Pearl Island. We were there just in May. We were on Harmony and the ferry to Pearl was just our cruisers. PLENTY of room on ferry and island. NEVER felt crowded. The food was delicious. My husband complemented the chef and he was as proud as can be. All local dishes. You will enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to hear about the food and lack of crowding, Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My husband and I were on Pearl Island last October. We loved it. Very beautiful, water was clear, food was great. My husband snorkeled and enjoyed it. Not crowded at all. There were kayaks, paddle boards, water floats, and plenty of chairs. We would go back again

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Thanks to Bill I booked this for our October Oasis cruise and it was wonderful - well once we got there! Very disorganised at the pier but the day of luxury made up for it. 

Wendy 

7BAB2264-D440-4E41-B80C-46BB308ADB6B.jpeg

How did you Mom do -to and from?

Bill, how kind of you to remember. Unfortunately she wasn't well enough on the day to go - but she would have loved it. The journey there would have been fine for her but she would have got stressed on the walk back to the ship. They dropped us before the straw market at about 2.15 and all aboard was 2.30. I was able to walk briskly and just make it back prior to this time. If my mum had been with me it would have taken longer although I did hear them offer a shuttle to some people.

Wendy

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 6:20 AM, BillOh said:

Yes, I will probably post something in the port of call section, but this is a Royal offering, so there are aspects related to that, I will ask here. (Sorry if I denied you a post count ) I think my upcoming cruise will be my 7th or 8th stop in Nassau, so I am struggling for something new to do here. This one popped up in my cruise planner right under the offerings for Cozumel. (My cruise doesn't go to Cozumel)

considering.jpg

On my last Blue Lagoon excursion I may have noticed an island like this on our boat ride over and I remember thinking, just drop me off there for 5-6 hours and pick me up on the way back!.

I would pay extra for an excursion if they really limited the number of people, but as you can see this is a Royal Excursion, so they may send 500 people to a postage stamp island. Anyone done this one yet? The last time I was in Nassau on Majesty last year we were the only ship in port and Blue Lagoon wasn't crowded. But on our next visit I will be on Enchantment and Mariner will also be in port. If nobody else has done this, I may brave it and report back.

2 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

Bill, how kind of you to remember. Unfortunately she wasn't well enough on the day to go - but she would have loved it. The journey there would have been fine for her but she would have got stressed on the walk back to the ship. They dropped us before the straw market at about 2.15 and all aboard was 2.30. I was able to walk briskly and just make it back prior to this time. If my mum had been with me it would have taken longer although I did hear them offer a shuttle to some people.

Wendy

Did you happen to notice if they got those sand/water rinse stations working yet?

I went there last spring on the Grandeur.  Nice boat ride out that gave good views of the area.  Food was home cooked and very good, BBQ and rice & veggies.  Drinks were $10 each, not a lot of shade and not enough chairs for everyone.  There was a couple of nice beaches but a lot of seaweed about 6 feet out.  I thought the description of the excursion was a little misleading as it made it sound larger with more variety of things to do than there were.  I have some minor mobility issues and found it a bit difficult to get around.  I had a 6:00 o'clock dinner time as did many others so there was quite a crush to get on the first boat back.  Many people left waiting for the second boat.  It was a nice day and I was glad I went because it was the only beach day we had on that cruise.