Excursion price guarantee?

JenniX

Is there anyone who has found cheaper excursions, and Successfully filed a claim?

I found a excursion of interest that carnival offers, but have found it much cheaper else where. The duration are both the same, both offering transport from the cruise terminal, pretty much everything is the same. The only differences between the 2 are

1) the two stops on the excursion are in different order. Carnival goes to A, and B. Where the other goes to B, then A

2) carnival has drinks for purchase, the other offers fruit punch

3) the other also offers food to feed, carnival 'as far as I know' does not.

4) carnivals excursion is stated from 9:30-12:30. The other site states tour begins at 12:30

Are the times, or other small differences a deal breaker for the guarantee? The core of the tours are the same. Anyone who has experience, I would love to hear your input.

If there is a difference they will use that as excuse to decline the guarantee. Has to be exactly the same.

BTW since private tours are usually van size while ship is busload why do it with cruiseline assuming private one is due to get back well before sail time?

When you complete the form, be sure to use the comments sections to point out how the private excursion may be perceived as better than the Carnival excursion. I was able to successfully get them to price match to one that was slightly different (as yours is) using that methodology.

I was successful. The only difference was the Carnival excursion said it was a half hour longer. But from my research, I knew that it was the exact same excursion Carnival used, and there would be people from my ship on this excursion. The biggest problem I had was submitting the web site address of the competitor. I ended up cutting and pasting the address in the comments section because I think the address was too long for the field box that asked for the address. We ended up with $48 OBC.

I have been successful twice...the descriptions were NOT exactly the same on one of them. The indep company offered food even though the Carnival did not. Still approved. I think they have become more flexible with the guarantees the past year.

Just be sure you have the Carnival excursion booked AND that you file your claim more than 2 weeks ahead of cruise. It only takes a day for answer back if approved. Money will be given as Onboard credit.

Ultimatelyif I could get it free through carnival, I would forgo the punch, and fish food the other company is offering.. Lol

If there is a difference they will use that as excuse to decline the guarantee. Has to be exactly the same.

BTW since private tours are usually van size while ship is busload why do it with cruiseline assuming private one is due to get back well before sail time?

I was successful after searching on a few different tour operators websites and found the exact same excursion, submitted my claim and got almost $20 back per person in OBC. Just Google tour operators in the port your going to and you have a good chance of finding the same tour Carnival is offering. Well, unless it's one of the Carnival exclusives or private island/port.

I have also used the price match several times. The descriptions did match except for one that was an all inclusive resort- the distance was 30 minutes away instead of the Carnival one that was 20 minutes away. I hope it works for you.