Online Checkin @ southwest.com

Headhoncho

I have flown Southwest before but never with a small group. We have a group of 8 flying from Buffalo to Baltimore and then on to Fort Lauderdale. We change planes in Baltimore.

When I do our online boarding pass (24 hours before flight time), will I get individual boarding passes or one group boarding pass? We all have the same confirmation number.

I have flown Southwest before but never with a small group. We have a group of 8 flying from Buffalo to Baltimore and then on to Fort Lauderdale. We change planes in Baltimore.

When I do our online boarding pass (24 hours before flight time), will I get individual boarding passes or one group boarding pass? We all have the same confirmation number.

It will bring up a box with everyones name. You just click(check mark) all the people you want to "check in" and all the boarding passes will appear. Each pass takes one sheet of paper to print. You can check everyone in and print the boarding passes once you get to the airport, if you don't want to print them at home. To check luggage, all you need is your boarding passes and IDs for each person. Same thing at the security gates.

Good Luck!

Kel

Kel,

Thank you so much for such a prompt and complete reply. That's a big load off my mind!

One further question - Are there two boarding passes for each person - one for Buffalo to Baltimore and another for Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale?

Doug.

Kel,

Thank you so much for such a prompt and complete reply. That's a big load off my mind!

One further question - Are there two boarding passes for each person - one for Buffalo to Baltimore and another for Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale?

Doug.

Short answer is yes, they will print out both boarding passes for each leg of the trip. Good Luck!

Kel

so for our return trip, we could get someone to do the online boarding pass 24 hours in advance and pick it up at the airport? Trying to figure out how to do it for the return trip. If so, where would I pick it up? we haven't flown in about 6 years!

so for our return trip, we could get someone to do the online boarding pass 24 hours in advance and pick it up at the airport? Trying to figure out how to do it for the return trip. If so, where would I pick it up? we haven't flown in about 6 years!

There are kiosks at the airport where you can print out your boarding pass if you are flying ticketless travel. You just need your confirmation number. I've never flown with a paper ticket, so I'm not sure if it is the same for that or not.

we are flying ticketless. If we do it when we arrive to airport an hour or two before flight, will we still be in group A for SW? I am trying to figure out if I need to have someone at home go in and do our online boarding passes on Sat before we return on Sun.

Sue, we are leaving on the Miracle on Jan 15. :)

we are flying ticketless. If we do it when we arrive to airport an hour or two before flight, will we still be in group A for SW? I am trying to figure out if I need to have someone at home go in and do our online boarding passes on Sat before we return on Sun.

Sue, we are leaving on the Miracle on Jan 15. :)

It's difficult to get a A boarding pass at the airport these days. Best bet is to go online on the ship and print out boarding passes for the return trip. I did it on the Galaxy last Wednesday for our return home on thursday. Even at $.75 a minute, it only cost $3 to go online and print the boarding passes.

Good Luck!

Kel

kimmimom, you can have someone at home check you in online using your name(s) and confirmation number 24 hours in advance. They they don't have to print the boarding passes, but they will see what boarding group you are assigned. Then, just go to the check-in desk at the airport, hand them your bags, tell them the confirmation number and say you checked in online, but need to print out the boarding passes.

Archived