Me, #theboy, and the unwanted guest on Allure

We laughed and laughed through your review. Sharing a memory from a couple of years ago:

Five days prior to boarding Allure, DW stepped on a needle and it broke off under the skin. It required surgery:(. Surgery was scheduled early Wednesday a.m. and all went well. She was given a pair of crutches and a post surgical walking boot:(.

Called "Special Needs at Sea" and arranged for one of those "Unwelcome guests," which was in our cabin when we arrived. RCI was very accommodating to get DW through check-in and on-board to our cabin. (Way forward on Deck 8.)

I got a work-out that week pushing DW back and forth, but we have memories and it CBW!;)

Sea ya!!

OP, I loved your review and wanted to thank you for taking the time to post it. The best part is the memories you and #theboy will share forever.

I have two grandsons (both now 18), one I’ve raised since birth who has cruised numerous times and the other acquired through a daughter’s marriage a few years ago. I took them both on the Allure last year. Together we laughed, we cried (well they cried when I told them that was the last cruise grandma was taking them on), we went to all the shows, and I dutifully embarrassed them when possible. Great memories and your review brought them all back.

As for the TP debate, it’s over. Unless you have cats. I have a cat (and a dog) but keep the bathroom door closed. But here’s another solution:

ab244d5b28027f88dac6c05463975df5.jpg

~ Judy

Thanks for sharing! I thought you posted in a very timely manner. It does make me question whether I'll do a report since some people are super cranky.

You just need to ignore the critical people. There are far too many miserable, self involved people who want nothing more than to share their misery and unhappiness with others.

I enjoyed your review very much. Some very rude people think ‘Cruise Critic’ means they should aim to be as critical as possible. Pity they can’t rename the site!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes one suggestion: “Cranky Cruisers”

OP, thanks for your very entertaining review. I hope your foot is healing well.

Loved your review, very entertaining and you have attitude that I think everyone should have on vacation "CBW". To change a quote my grandfather had relating to golf, "A bad day cruising beats a good day working".

I am booked on Allure May 2019. We have an OV on deck 7.. thanks for the tip about the secret sun deck.. will check it out!

With so many people nitpicking over minute details it's no wonder there aren't more reviews.

Great job OP!

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

So true... and yes, great job to the OP. Very enjoyable thread which I looked forward to reading every day. Thanks for taking us along with you both and for sharing your journey.

Loved this trip report !! OP you handled everything with so much class ! I was looking for a feel of what a RCCL cruise would be like as I am sailing on one for the first time in a couple weeks and I really feel like I learned a lot from your report. We also call our son "the boy" and also with plenty of love as well.

Laurie

Even if you aren't flying internationally?

Mobile passport gets you back into the country. If you are arriving at an airport and not from an international flight you have no need for mobile passport or any other passport. If you are arriving at a cruise terminal, and right now Port Everglades is the only one using mobile passport, you use it to get back into the country after your cruise.

OP, I truly enjoyed your review. I was sitting by myself throughly amused. Side note- Our tailor can't pronounce my daughter's name and calls her "the girl". My daughter hates it, I love it. I think it is hysterical. Now we occasionally will call her that too. That is met with an eye roll.

Ok, I have read 13 pages.....it sounds like our OP had a combination of some of our cruises from 3-4 years ago.....Missed one while avoiding a heart attack that was about to happen, yes, we had insurance, yes it was a hassle collecting but got paid 95% in the end, the next year my wife, not DW, my wife, tore something in her knee 17 days before our not a heart attack replacement cruise and the doc said he could fix it right away but no flying for at least 6 weeks and she could not do any more damage if we went so we went and ended up with crutches....on the medical side, don't mess with possible heart attacks and their symptoms. Had I not gone to the ER when I did I was cleared headed for something very bad, very massive with no good outcome. By going I had a great outcome and passed my biannual stress test with flying colors this week, knees, ankles etc. Ice is your friend, so is ibupropfen. Glad you had a good trip despite the set backs and that extra bonding with Nicholas, it is priceless. Thanks for sharing and entertaining us.