Face flannels/washcloths in RC bathrooms

Steward will normally leave one washcloth/hand towel/bath towel per person in the room but if you need more, just ask. And if you want them replaced leave them on the floor. Normally they clean the cabins twice a day unless you leave a "Do Not Disturb" on the door.

Beach towels are available up on the pool deck, as many as you want. They do need to be checked out with your room key and checked back in. Use only one room key to do this - we have had problems when towels are checked out with one key card and returned with different card. Make sure your account is clear before you get off the ship - they WILL charge $25/towel supposedly not returned. And they may do this even when you have checked all the towels back in, so watch for a charge to appear on your credit card later.

Edited by LeeW
more

No problem getting as many as you need. ZERO!

;p

Interesting sidebar... I have been to England 3x, but only on the last visit did I find out that washcloths aren't a thing in England.

It took asking about 10 people before an older lady said "HE MEANS A FACE FLANNEL" and the front desk of the hotel said "No, we don't have those."

WHAT ON EARTH????

We had 4 towels in the room. A towel for the floor, two bath towels, and a hand towel.

I have serious hygiene questions to ask the Brits. Considering I typically... in the local jargon... wash my face, my pits, my bits, and my bum fairly thoroughly (and in that order) and they get much cleaner when you can actually scrub them.

Either the other places we stayed during visits 1 and 2 thought "Oh these Americans will want these" and provided them or we just lucked out.

Thanks for the replies, I seemed to recall they did but then I was worried I was remembering somewhere else!

Interesting sidebar... I have been to England 3x, but only on the last visit did I find out that washcloths aren't a thing in England.

It took asking about 10 people before an older lady said "HE MEANS A FACE FLANNEL" and the front desk of the hotel said "No, we don't have those."

WHAT ON EARTH??

We had 4 towels in the room. A towel for the floor, two bath towels, and a hand towel.

I nearly just put flannel but then I felt that that means something else in America (a piece of clothing?) so had to try and remember what Americans would call them!

(And my main reason for worrying was to cover my child’s eyes while I wash his hair, not even washing with them, the British person that I am lol)

No problem getting as many as you need. ZERO!

;p

WHAT ON EARTH????

I have serious hygiene questions to ask the Brits. Considering I typically... in the local jargon... wash my face, my pits, my bits, and my bum fairly thoroughly (and in that order) and they get much cleaner when you can actually scrub them.

Either the other places we stayed during visits 1 and 2 thought "Oh these Americans will want these" and provided them or we just lucked out.

This had me actually laughing out loud. And for the record, I do the same thing ;)

I nearly just put flannel but then I felt that that means something else in America (a piece of clothing?) so had to try and remember what Americans would call them!

Face flannel means nothing in America. I only learned that last month. I had never heard that and I am much more UK-aware than the majority of Americans.

Flannel is a type of material usually for shirts, pajamas, or bed sheets. It's thicker than normal cotton or wool and usually softer. MOST times the pattern is plaid or tartan, but definitely not always. It's warmer, so you see it in colder areas. There isn't a ton of flannel sold in Florida, for instance. If you own some, it's likely because you brought it with you from when you were in a colder climate.

I had some wonderful flannel sheets when I first moved here. Those didn't last long. I gave them to a visiting Northern friend or family member.

Face flannel means nothing in America. I only learned that last month. I had never heard that and I am much more UK-aware than the majority of Americans.

Flannel is a type of material usually for shirts, pajamas, or bed sheets. It's thicker than normal cotton or wool and usually softer. MOST times the pattern is plaid or tartan, but definitely not always. It's warmer, so you see it in colder areas. There isn't a ton of flannel sold in Florida, for instance. If you own some, it's likely because you brought it with you from when you were in a colder climate.

I had some wonderful flannel sheets when I first moved here. Those didn't last long. I gave them to a visiting Northern friend or family member.

And to add more confusion we call the sheets flannelette over here in the UK. :D

Do we have a study on the veracity of that?:')

And to add more confusion we call the sheets flannelette over here in the UK. :D

Remind's me of my ARMY Boot Camp. Had guy from Puerto Rico couldn't speak much English. Tried having another that was Mexican-American translate and neither spoke the same Spanish....