Please help - 2 Freedom itineraries

Which itinerary?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which itinerary?

• Memorial Day
    • 4th of July

Hi all!

I'm just now realizing that FOS runs a few different Southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan. Unfortunately, we do not have the time or money to do B2B, so we have to choose just one, and it has to be a holiday week for work reasons.

I was originally only looking at Memorial Day week, 2019, and I loved the itinerary! Then something told me to check out 4th of July week to see the price difference and I realized the itinerary is entirely different! This one is slightly more money, but not enough to scrap the idea, if the itinerary is better. I would love your expert opinions. With the exception of St. Thomas and St. Maarten (23 years ago), we have not visited ANY of these ports.

So here are the choices, both 7 days on Freedom out of San Juan (which we consider a bonus port):

Memorial Day, 5 ports (only 1 sea day) - St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados

July 4th, 4 ports (so an extra sea day) - Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, St. Maarten

Please vote and weigh in! And thanks for the input as always!

Eeyore

I voted Memorial Day. Why go all that way and have 2 sea days? Every Southern I have taken has only been 1 sea day.

To me, the ports are pretty equal-all AMAZING. I HAVEN'T been to Bonaire or Curaçao , but I have been to the rest.

Edited by cruisemom67
Auto correct

We were going to do that Memorial Day itinerary back in April but had to switch cruises due to me taking a new job. So I vote for that one! We have been on 2 cruises, the traditional west and east Caribbean and we found we prefer port days over sea days so the more ports the better!

I also voted for Memorial Day because of 2 reasons:

More ports, so more to do and see!:D

The weather should be great both times but maybe not quite as hot in May vs July!!;)

Happy cruising whichever you decide!! CHEERS!!:cool:

I also voted for Memorial Day because of 2 reasons:

More ports, so more to do and see!:D

The weather should be great both times but maybe not quite as hot in May vs July!!;)

Happy cruising whichever you decide!! CHEERS!!:cool:

Memorial Day, more ports the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was about to post the exact same question seeking input! We too are undecided as to which of the Southern Caribbean itineraries we should take. I'm leaning toward the first itinerary. There's something about St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua, and Barbados that's more attractive to us. Can't pinpoint it exactly.

I have been to all ports on both itineraries and would go with the July 4 option. Nothing wrong with the first option, but Curacao is just incredible for so many reasons (beautiful architecture, Queen Ann Bridge, great restaurants and art museums) and as a dedicated snorkeler Bonaire cannot be beat!

The way this poll is going so far pretty much echos our sentiments about this choice! So hard to decide.

Yes, we LOVE snorkeling, and I figured each port day on either itinerary would entail at least part of the day beaching/snorkeling.

Please keep the feedback coming!

I too was torn between these two itineraries. I decided to book the ABC island cruise and then the next year will do the other one. Win win! I've been so St. Marteen and love it there. All of the places I want to visit so either way, can't go wrong. CRUISE TO ALL THE PLACES!!!!

The more we cruise the more we relish a balance of port and sea days. When a cruise is too port intensive, it can be tiring. We cruise to relax, and to see new places.

We especially love 2 seas days at the end of the cruise so you aren't packing up on that only relaxing sea day while heading home.

Dan

I have been to all of the islands except for Bonnaire.

I voted for the Memorial Day cruise.

I just didn't like Aruba.

However I am sea day person, but the islands for Memorial leans toward my favorites and haven't done too many times.