Would you do it? (Upgrade from OV Balcony to a Junior Suite on Oasis of the seas)

You do get double points for CR upgrades. Look at it this way. If you could book a JS for less than $1200, all in, for two people, on Oasis for a week, would you do it? I would, any day. Coastal Kitchen for dinner would be worth it to me. Double points and priority boarding are nice bonuses.

Depending on the time of year, I have found the cost difference between an OV Balcony (such as a 6D) and a JS to be more than $440 pp on Oasis class ships. As a random example, on January 27, 2019, a 4D is $1053 pp and a J4 is $1663, a difference of $610 pp. During peak times, the difference can get even larger.

Can you find a sailing with a smaller difference? Probably, but I suspect it would take some work. Now, you may not think that the upgrade is worth $440 pp to you, which is a personal decision, but an upgrade for that amount is not an outrageous amount.

We enjoy the extra space, and are willing to pay for it. Sure the double points are nice (if you would qualify) and you may be able to eat dinner at Coastal Kitchen, but to us its all about the extra space.

mac_tlc

I would go with the JS in a heartbeat. We did 3 rooms with a window, 1 with a very small balcony, and 1 with a decent size balcony. They we had to take a 5 year vacation from crusing and then in 2016 we discovered what a balcony can actually be like, the Sky Loft on Oasis, and will never go back to anything less than a room with a large balcony. And you are really only paying the $880 for the room. Coastal Kitchen is worth that.

I don't sail in anything lower than JS because I want to be AT LEAST as comfortable on vacation as I am at home....a teensy cabin is like "camping" for me...won't do it.

You might not mind the "closeness of a standard balcony...most folks don't mind and are happy to be on a ship, with a balcony! It's all about what's important to YOU! Either way, you will have a fantastic vacation.

I could have written this exact post. :cool: We've sailed on the Oasis twice in an OV and I disliked that cabin every time. Now we only sail in a JS on the hump. The extra space is well worth the money to us so we don't even price anything lower than a JS.

• 2 weeks later...
This has not been updated because there are no JS staterooms anymore.

Huh? Since when? I'm in a JS on a couple of upcoming cruises, out to 2020.

To the OP: I would do it in a nanosecond. I spend a lot of time in my cabin, so enjoy the extra space. But if you only use your cabin for SSS, then you might not get the same benefit out of it.

I would do it! I just booked a last minute cruise on Allure. I booked through Club Royale, had a free interior cabin. My cost to upgrade to a JS was $1,550 for the two of us. Since the JSs on that cruise are currently priced at $3,500 for two, I thought I got a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums