Best Airport to Cape Liberty

Bookworm1985

I have never taken a cruise from the east coast before, so I am not sure the best airport to fly into next summer. Anyone have experiences with the different airports in the area and your experiences/recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The closest by far is Newark. JFK and Laguardia require travel that may well negate any cost savings of flying into them.

For the New York area, you have to consider the total cost of travel, and recognize that ground transportation from the airport can be significant (as in well over $100 each way). So if you're seeing a cheaper fare at an airport other than Newark, you need to factor in that ground transportation (and time).

Thanks. We are planning on flying in the night before just to give us wiggle room. I did a morning of flight one time and swore never again...due to mechanical issues we were late getting in and were some of the last people on board. Too close a call for me!

Thanks. We are planning on flying in the night before just to give us wiggle room. I did a morning of flight one time and swore never again...due to mechanical issues we were late getting in and were some of the last people on board. Too close a call for me!

Then Newark will probably work best.

BTW, there are a number of hotels near the airport that are discussed on here, and I think a number of them have shuttles to the port. We stayed at the Embassy Suites, Elizabeth (which is a Newark airport hotel) earlier this year and liked it. We were driving so did not need a shuttle, but there is one to the port. (You'd have to check on the airport shuttle, but I suspect the airport hotels have them.)

Again, this forum is great for finding this information.

Enjoy your cruise!

Then Newark will probably work best.

BTW, there are a number of hotels near the airport that are discussed on here, and I think a number of them have shuttles to the port. We stayed at the Embassy Suites, Elizabeth (which is a Newark airport hotel) earlier this year and liked it. We were driving so did not need a shuttle, but there is one to the port. (You'd have to check on the airport shuttle, but I suspect the airport hotels have them.)

Again, this forum is great for finding this information.

Enjoy your cruise!

Good advice which I would also include checking out Residence Inn right down the street too....but I would (have) opt for using Uber rather than the hotel shuttle.

Good advice which I would also include checking out Residence Inn right down the street too....but I would (have) opt for using Uber rather than the hotel shuttle.

I agree about using Uber to the port. You are three people and paying for a hotel shuttle for 3 will be more than Uber.

Look closely at the hotels on International Blvd in Elizabeth - Embassy Suites, Courtyard Elizabeth, Residence Inn, and Country Inns. You will have access to the Jersey Gardens Mall as well as restaurants such as Ruby Tuesdays, IHOP, Applebees, Johnny Rockets, and the mall food court. Food service at all the other airport hotels is limited to either in house dining, takeout delivery, or food service at a neighboring hotel.