Summit Live, June 27-July 8, 2018

Educators2

Update from Saint John-

Hope for a nice, sunny day. Made the city more enjoyable. Last year, we had a cold, rainy day. There are hop on buses and other tours outside the port. Most were reasonably priced. If you want to walk around, it is best to do a little research on the city. It was founded by Loyalists who,fled to Canada during the American Revolution and was a ship-building center back then. Many of the sites, historic houses, cemetery and market reflect that history. There is also a police museum with antique police cars which we have visited. Today, we went to look at some of the old headstones in the Loyalist Cemetery. It is a steep walk uphill but it wasn’t bad going down. There are local craft markets, too.

Hope this helps. If you just walk the main streets, you won’t appreciate the town.

Note: I double-checked with the sommelier and the top wine price is $9; if your choice is more, you pay the difference.

My first question, one that many people want to know is :Qsine menu still is Qsine or already changed to Le Petit Chef?

I've been reading this thread as we boarded the Summit on June 17th for a B2B and are still onboard. Always interesting to read reports from a cruise you are still on. I don't want to take over the OP's thread, but we dined in Quisine on the first leg. I've asked the HD and if Le Petit Chef will be installed, and if it will be installed that would happen during the drydock this coming spring.

Thanks, Northern Aurora. It is good to hear different perspectives on same cruise and new information that we get.

I learned yesterday that if you have the internet package, you can use it on two devices. You sign out of one device to use the other. I think that is very useful. Still, it is hard to connect at times and older tablets are very slow.

Thanks, Northern Aurora. It is good to hear different perspectives on same cruise and new information that we get.

I learned yesterday that if you have the internet package, you can use it on two devices. You sign out of one device to use the other. I think that is very useful. Still, it is hard to connect at times and older tablets are very slow.

My teenage son is buying the internet himself, I would never spend the money. Is there anywhere on the ship he will have decent service?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Forums mobile app

I've been reading this thread as we boarded the Summit on June 17th for a B2B and are still onboard. Always interesting to read reports from a cruise you are still on. I don't want to take over the OP's thread, but we dined in Quisine on the first leg. I've asked the HD and if Le Petit Chef will be installed, and if it will be installed that would happen during the drydock this coming spring.

Thank you, We are on the Oct 7 sailing to New England and Canada, looks like this is my last chance to try the original Qsine :)

To ARI421–the internet works better in the public areas that are midship like the iLounge, Cafe La Bacio, etc. We both have iPads and phones. My iPad is pretty new and I have only had one issue connecting when I was on my balcony. I haven’t used my iPhone on the ship. My husband’s three year old iPad has constant problems connecting. When he sent photos from his phone (android) to his iPad, it took hours to get there.

So, I would rate the service a B-.

Today is Canada Day. There is a Canadian Music Trivia this morning and a Canada Day Music Concert this evening. The ship has a very expensive shuttle for $36 per person to the area on the boardwalk near Maritime Museum for tonight’s fireworks, It is foggy now but I hope we can see fireworks from the ship.

If you have a chance, would appreciate you asking if/when Qsine is changing to LPC. We are aboard in January and hope Q is still there.

Other thread same sailing says until Summit goes to dry dock

The day turned out sunny and beautiful when we arrived in Halifax. It was fun to people watch on the boardwalk from the ship to the Maritime Museum. So many families and couples walking their dogs, many in Canada colors, including the pooches.

The museum was free on Canada Day and the exhibit on the 100th anniversary of the harbor explosion was excellent. Worth a trip.

The fireworks at 10pm were visible from the ship. We were on 11th floor outside of Revelations. A great ending to the day.

I used my Elite free dry cleaning and laundry. Everything came out fine. For paying cruisers, it is pricey...$49 a bag.

If you have a chance, would appreciate you asking if/when Qsine is changing to LPC. We are aboard in January and hope Q is still there.

Post 28

I apologize to Educators2 for barging into their thread, but I wonder if PelicanLvr read my post #28. I've asked this question. Qsine is still on the Summit, and I was told that if LPC will be installed that would happen during the upcoming drydock. The drydock is scheduled for sometime late February/March 2019.

No problem, Northern Aurora. Good to hear from others on cruise.

If you stop in Halifax, the Pier 23 Museum adjacent to the ship is a wonderful place to hear the story of immigrants and the role that Nova Scotia played. The current exhibit on refugees, the guided tour and movie are first rate.

Hope our good weather continues.

Thank you Northern Aurora for answering my question ..... and sorry for my poor reading comprehension of your prior post.

p - It is not poor reading comprehension as opposed to not really reading through all the posts. Not to worry, many of us do similarly... well, there are a few who do not belong in this category, present poster excluded!

I do it frequently, to be sure.

bon voyage

There are more families on board this year than last year when there were not too many at all. That said, there aren’t many young families. There is a kids’ camp and I am sure the kids get a lot of attention on the New England cruises. You would have to check the Ports Board to see what places in port appeal to your daughter. Halifax has lots to do in boardwalk area and Boston also has many age-appropriate places to visit. There are historic sites in Newport but I would research each port to find attractions that your daughter would like.

Our travel agent is part of a consortium, Distinctive Voyages. They arranged a shore excursion to Lexington and Concord(free). On day two, we are meeting relatives. Last year, we were able to see some fireworks from the ship. We have driven to Boston many times and have seen most historical sites there.

My husband & i are looking at this cruise for next summer. We have a 10 yr old daughter. Are there many kids on board?

On July 22nd we leave for our 4th summer cruise on the Summit with our now 10 year old daughter. She loves the Fun Factory and the staff is fantastic with the kids. We usually take turns setting and alarm to pick her up at midnight from the FF- and she leaves kicking a screaming (not literally)

Update from Bar Harbor...another beautiful weather day.

Immigration was a breeze here...totally opposite from last year in Portland. People were called early, even at 9:am.

Lots of tenders, both from Bar Harbor and the lifeboats. My balance isn’t great but I got help with the lifeboats. The Bar Harbor boats are easier if mobility is an issue.

Lots to do in Bar Harbor. We have been there before and went to the sand bar on West and Bridge Streets. You can walk across at low tide. Very interesting.

Lots of foodie places. We enjoyed blueberry cobbler at Gaylins.

Edited by Educators2
typo