Packing and clothing for July Breakaway Baltic cruise and ports

sharonann24

Good morning! 14 days until departure and I am beginning to plan out clothing. The weather looks to be in the 70's, so I am thinking layers, but as I have never traveled the Baltics before I want a better idea. How cool does it get in the evenings at sea? Can we plan on wearing shorts and light jackets during the day? Or are jeans, long pants a better option? I notoriously over pack but I would like to be as prepared as possible. I am thinking that the weather might be like our Alaska trip--but we hit a heat wave there too! And is there a "dress up" night? DH and I do like to change for dinner and he likes wearing a sports jacket, but is opting not to bring a suit this time.

Good morning! 14 days until departure and I am beginning to plan out clothing. The weather looks to be in the 70's, so I am thinking layers, but as I have never traveled the Baltics before I want a better idea. How cool does it get in the evenings at sea? Can we plan on wearing shorts and light jackets during the day? Or are jeans, long pants a better option? I notoriously over pack but I would like to be as prepared as possible. I am thinking that the weather might be like our Alaska trip--but we hit a heat wave there too! And is there a "dress up" night? DH and I do like to change for dinner and he likes wearing a sports jacket, but is opting not to bring a suit this time.

We did Baltics mid-June a few years back. Whether was on the cooler side but not quite as cool as Alaska. You are going a few weeks later so probably a bit warmer than when we went.

Windbreaker and a pair of pants and then supplement with shorts. No need for the sports jacket either. As formal as it gets is a shirt with a collar and long pants or jeans. Warnemunde has a great beach, just walk the promenade to the end (away from the ship) and you'll come to it.

Layers - it will be cooler in the mornings but will usually warm up by mid morning. Waterproof rain jacket or windbreaker is a must in case of rain. Check your daily planner the evening before each port to decide how to dress for the next day.