Sky suite and lumina

Mr&MrsBee

Do you pronounce it Loomin-eye or Loomin-A?

Not sure whether this is true, but I understand that only those sky suite occupants who can give the restaurant's correct pronunciation are allowed in. Those who fail are directed to the door used by exiting harbor pilots. Because none of them return, it's difficult to confirm this rumor.

Do sky suite cruisers have access to Lumina? Website shows different amenities. One shows access to Lumina the other shows it is not available. What is correct? Thank you for comments.

This question has been asked several times recently. I am posting from the Summit. We boarded on June 17 for a B2B. We are in a Sky Suite, and yes, we have been dining in Luminae.

Not sure whether this is true, but I understand that only those sky suite occupants who can give the restaurant's correct pronunciation are allowed in. Those who fail are directed to the door used by exiting harbor pilots. Because none of them return, it's difficult to confirm this rumor.

:D Love it!

Do sky suite cruisers have access to Lumina? Website shows different amenities. One shows access to Lumina the other shows it is not available. What is correct? Thank you for comments.

We did sky suite on summit recently was very impressed with food and service in lumina , suite lounge was also really nice , elegant room with free drinks all day

There is a old comedy routine doing a quiz show. The host asks the contestant how do you spell ( insert any word). The contestant spells it the way he thinks it is and then says that is the correct answer because it is the way that I spell it. 🤑

Ae is pronounced as eye in Latin.

On the same thought how is Zenith pronounced?

Z nith or Zen ith

Then there is the old one about how do you pronounce the capitol of Kentucky? Is it Louie ville or Lou ville? 🤔

See below

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Answer. Neither. It is Frankfort. 🤗

• 1 month later...

I was looking at the celebrity website (I know, I know) to check the prices of a cruise we already have booked and it lists Luminae under all the suites EXCEPT the sky suites? We have sailed in sky suites twice before and had access to Luminae and Michael's Club. Under the sky suites it now lists "Main & Specialty Restaurant Seating Preference". It also does not list Michael's Club. Has anything changed - or is this old language that I never noticed before?

I just went to the Celebrity website and they still list Luminae as the restaurant for Sky Suites, too.

I went to the Menu (upper left), Onboard Experience, then suites, then scroll down through each suite and each one mentions Luminae, including Sky suites.

Where on the website were you looking?

not sure whether this is true, but i understand that only those sky suite occupants who can give the restaurant's correct pronunciation are allowed in. Those who fail are directed to the door used by exiting harbor pilots. Because none of them return, it's difficult to confirm this rumor.

lol!!!

Anyone who seems surprised at finding inconsistencies on the Celebrity website is most likely a newcomer to Celebrity.

Happy Cruiser, where are you hiding now that your famous words of wisdom are needed yet again?

As one of the most knowledgeable regulars on this board, she periodically keeps reminding us that the only consistent thing about the Celebrity website is that it is consistently inconsistent.

Us Canadians call it Loo-min-EH

But isn't that a requirement for all passengers and crew when cruising through Canadian waters or docked at Canadian ports?

People frequently complain about how long the embarkation process takes at Vancouver, undoubtedly due to the port authority's insistence on having the pronunciation drill administered right before the muster drill.

I am going to be in a Sky Suite for the first time. I have all 4 perks ..but is the mini fridge in your suite included with the pkgs or does it cost if you take a drink from there?

You will only be charged if you consume the items that are already in the minibar when you arrive.

Easy solution: just ask to have your minibar emptied on the first day.

Then you can stock it with whatever you choose and consume whatever you want from the minibar any time you like.

No problem and no charge.