Recommend Restaurant In Walking Distance of Port

ssawjo

We will be in San Juan on the Celebrity Edge from 3:30 PM to 11 PM, a Tuesday. Would like to have dinner/drinks at a nice restaurant within walking distance of the port. Recommendations would be helpful. Type of food doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Bill

We will be in San Juan on the Celebrity Edge from 3:30 PM to 11 PM, a Tuesday. Would like to have dinner/drinks at a nice restaurant within walking distance of the port. Recommendations would be helpful. Type of food doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Bill

A popular one with great food and drinks is Raices Restaurant in Old San Juan.

Our favorite used to be the Parrot Club but I believe they have closed since the hurricane.

Barrachina's is another option...but I've only had drinks there....home of the Pina Colada.

A popular one with great food and drinks is Raices Restaurant in Old San Juan.

Our favorite used to be the Parrot Club but I believe they have closed since the hurricane.

Barrachina's is another option...but I've only had drinks there....home of the Pina Colada.

Thanks, Ashland. Any one else with their favorites?

If you like Pina Coladas this place is fantastic. I had a great shrimp mofongo while I was there as well. We didnt have a chance to eat anywhere else, but this place was great and very popular so get there early or you’ll have to wait for a table.

We walked to the fort from the ship, then kind of 'grazed'out way back down to the port. There were so many great little places, Chocobar was fabulous for drinks and appetizers (and some chocolate to take home) and we found a wonderful little taquaria that served great gourmet tacos and octopus emapanadas. This is our standard 'excursion' each time we visit, and we have always found plenty of great food while on foot.

Punto de Vista! It's a very short walk and looks to be frequented by locals as well as the tourists. It's incredible and cost effective. We haven't been there in five years since a land vacation to puerto rico but we are returning with the Allure of the Seas on an August 5th sailing and you can bet we will be there for lunch! The best mofongo you will ever have. It's not fancy but the food and drink are exceptional!

We actually booked our Celebrity Summit cruise that leaves out of San Juan so that when we get in the day before we can eat at Istanbul Turkish Restaurant! Ottoman Casserole was wonderful last time we were there. Just behind Sheraton Old San Juan which in turn is across from where visiting ships dock.