Best Food Experiences and Venues IYHO...on NCL

Ok...I'm slowly finding myself becoming a NCL convert from my beloved Celebrity cruise line. From more exciting night life and even more flexible itineraries, I'm finding myself more and more drawn to what NCL has to offer. The problem is, I'm only 10 nights into Norwegian with 7 nights on the Epic and 3 nights on the Sun...as opposed to 42 nights plus/minus on Celebrity. So I'm still very much a Norwegian rookie. This thread is all about food. And I know taste is subjective but I still want to know...what is your favorite dining venue, experience, dish on board NCL and please be specific to ship as some of the smaller ones don't offer all of the same dining venues as the larger ships.

Cheers!

Christina

I've only been on the Dawn on NCL (about 6 times,) but I can tell you what I particularly enjoy. In the buffet - the crepes. At night time, there was a vat of chocolate and lots of cut fruit and I used to have a plate of fruit and dip it all in chocolate. I enjoyed all the meats in the Brazilian steak house. The small filet and rib eye at Cagney's were quite good. I'm a beef fan and I also liked the filet at Le Bistro. The fruit dessert for two that they used to serve at Le Bistro (hopefully still do) includes a higher quality of melted chocolate than than in the buffet. I wasn't nuts about Tepenyaki - ordered sirloin and shrimp. Meh. And being from outside Boston, I wasn't too crazy about the Italian place having had so much good food in the North End. In the free dining rooms - the chicken breast was moist and tender and had a very respectable Beef Wellington another night. I've been lucky to sail in suites and really enjoy the suite breakfast with strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, not just the typical melon.

Cagneys on the waterfront on both the escape and the getaway offers a great dining experience. Delicious food (fillet, pork belly app and the apple cardamom dessert) and wonderful ambiance.

With me, I had the specialty dining package on my 2nd cruise with NCL on the GEM. I visited Cagney's, Le Bistro and to La Cucina.

Cagney's - Best known for their steaks/rib eye. Of course I had their steak, which was amazing. Their fries tasted good too.

Le Bistro - the mushroom soup. And La Cucina - angel pasta.

Desserts at all 3 places were amazing. Liked the Crème brûlée at Le Bistro and the dessert with apple.

Ok...I'm slowly finding myself becoming a NCL convert from my beloved Celebrity cruise line. From more exciting night life and even more flexible itineraries, I'm finding myself more and more drawn to what NCL has to offer. The problem is, I'm only 10 nights into Norwegian with 7 nights on the Epic and 3 nights on the Sun...as opposed to 42 nights plus/minus on Celebrity. So I'm still very much a Norwegian rookie. This thread is all about food. And I know taste is subjective but I still want to know...what is your favorite dining venue, experience, dish on board NCL and please be specific to ship as some of the smaller ones don't offer all of the same dining venues as the larger ships.

Cheers!

Christina

We dined in specialty venues every night of our last cruise. Never had a thing that wasn't delicious at Cagney's on the Pearl. Especially steaks. The experience in Moderno on the Pearl wasn't to be missed, churrascaria service is something I'd never had and everything was tasty. Banana cream pie for dessert there was heavenly. The fried calamari at the Italian style restaurant was the best I'd had, but the other items I had weren't special IMHO. Le Bistro's French onion soup is a meal on its own!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

Specialty dining on any line will be good. NCL is no exception. The waterfront dining is unique and what sets apart NCL on some of their ships. We absolutely loved pincho tapas on Escape for lunch.

I love Teppanyaki. Its a show plus a meal. And the meal is so good because its fresh and cooked in front of you. NCL used to be the only cruise line doing Teppanyaki. Not sure if that is still the case but its definitely very good and worth it on NCL.

I love Teppanyaki. Its a show plus a meal. And the meal is so good because its fresh and cooked in front of you. NCL used to be the only cruise line doing Teppanyaki. Not sure if that is still the case but its definitely very good and worth it on NCL.
On the Pearl, the space where they have the Teppanyaki has very low ceilings and two or three table set ups back to back. I found the metal spatula clanging of multiple chefs migraine-inducing. The food was great but the nose overwhelmed and the activity in the room was crazy. I don't remember it being that way on the Star on my earlier cruise, that space seemed like a calm, classy oasis even with the cooking performance sounds.

We love the Food Republic (small plates) on the Escape and the Bliss. Asian and international flavors.

Second favorite is Pincho Tapas Bar on the Escape. A selection of small plate tapas

Third favorite is Los Lobos on the Dawn and Bliss (maybe more). Wonderful Mexican food with guacamole made tableside.

LeBistro has always been, and *should* always be my favorite (will take something extraordinary to change my mind)

Food Republic was amazing too, and the only one my husband kept wanting to go to over and over on our cruise.

I like O'Sheehans too...just to mix it up a little for lunches and such, or if I get the midnight munchies!