What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Under 48 hours and still pending...anyone else experience this.

Hello,  We sail on November 7th and still have not heard anything.  We bid at the 80 day mark at the fair level and it is now passed 10am EST.  We are platinum plus, not sure if that is even in the equation, but we are a bit disappointed that we haven't at least seen a cancel.  

Anyone any experience or thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, jancl57 said:

We booked directly with NCL.   We are a group of 13 with 6 cabins total.  We booked through NCL's group sales department.    Will we still receive the offer to upgrade?  If yes, will we keep the perks we received as a group?

Thanks,

You should still receive offers to upgrade for each individual cabin. And yes, you keep all of the perks you booked with.

• Like 2

I just got the email about my bid for a haven upgrade yesterday. My bid  was accepted....

We are 3 days out from sailing.  I bid an amount just in the good category.  It is for the jade leaving from rome. It is a 3 week cruise.  I am so excited.... My husband has no idea we are getting upgraded!  We originally had a mini suite and got upgraded to the 2 bedroom H4

• Like 6

We just got our email that our bid was accepted.  We went from our Balcony Guarantee (we were assigned a mid-ship balcony after final payment that accommodated 4) to an AFT facing Penthouse Suite with large balcony.  We leave on November 8th (Gem- 13 day Southern Caribbean) so  our bid was accepted less than 3 days out.  Our balcony guarantee rate at the time we booked was $1099 pp.  The going rate of the Aft Facing Penthouse with large balcony (SE/SF) 4 days prior to sailing was $2650pp.  We bid $540 pp which was in the "poor" range and we got it!.  

Edited by scendro
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, scendro said:

We just got our email that our bid was accepted.  We went from our Balcony Guarantee (we were assigned a mid-ship balcony after final payment that accommodated 4) to an AFT facing Penthouse Suite with large balcony.  We leave on November 8th (Gem- 13 day Southern Caribbean) so  our bid was accepted less than 3 days out.  Our balcony guarantee rate at the time we booked was $1099 pp.  The going rate of the Aft Facing Penthouse with large balcony (SE/SF) 4 days prior to sailing was $2650pp.  We bid $540 pp which was in the "poor" range and we got it!.  

Congats and enjoy!!!😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Offcourse said:

Hello,  We sail on November 7th and still have not heard anything.  We bid at the 80 day mark at the fair level and it is now passed 10am EST.  We are platinum plus, not sure if that is even in the equation, but we are a bit disappointed that we haven't at least seen a cancel.  

Thanks in advance.

You should hear something after 2pm est, did you look at availability, because it doesn't really matter if your silver or platinum plus if the ships sold out, happy cruising 

2 hours ago, Petals22 said:

I just got the email about my bid for a haven upgrade yesterday. My bid  was accepted....

We are 3 days out from sailing.  I bid an amount just in the good category.  It is for the jade leaving from rome. It is a 3 week cruise.  I am so excited.... My husband has no idea we are getting upgraded!  We originally had a mini suite and got upgraded to the 2 bedroom H4

We did this same upgrade this spring sailing out of NOLA.   The only issue I have is once I've experience the Haven we may never go back. 🙂   I also upgraded then surprised my wife.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, davencl said:

We did this same upgrade this spring sailing out of NOLA.   The only issue I have is once I've experience the Haven we may never go back. 🙂   I also upgraded then surprised my wife.

Can I upgrade from a mini-suite to the Haven?

3 hours ago, Offcourse said:

Thanks in advance.

We never got a notice whether we won the bid or not although it was showing on site. I had to ask at check-if we still had the same cabin (we did).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Petals22 said:

so exciting! congrats!

1 hour ago, maryivo said:

Is it possible to go from a mini-suite to the haven with a bid?  I have never done the bidding thing before.  Last time I cruised they didn't have it.  We are sailing on the Encore June 21, 2020

Yes. Mini-suites get to bid on all Haven categories.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jancl57 said:

We booked directly with NCL.   We are a group of 13 with 6 cabins total.  We booked through NCL's group sales department.    Will we still receive the offer to upgrade?  If yes, will we keep the perks we received as a group?

Thanks,

Yes I was booked in a group rate and was upgraded last January with my perks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maryivo said:

Is it possible to go from a mini-suite to the haven with a bid?  I have never done the bidding thing before.  Last time I cruised they didn't have it.  We are sailing on the Encore June 21, 2020

Yes.  I went from mini suite to Haven Penthouse Courtyard on the Escape July 2019.

Only problem is once you go Haven you don’t want to go back to sailing non-Haven!

But I must say it’s worth the extra cost😎

16 hours ago, maryivo said:

Only if you bid enough...

10 minutes ago, itf said:

We made our final payment for a trip late Jan yesterday - at what point does bidding normally become available (if it will be) after final payment?

Usually it's around the 80 day before the cruise mark.  Check your email, check you cruise "my Vacation home" page.  So that you don't have to read through all the pages, not all TA susbcribe to the bidding process (especially the big bog store ones), so you might not get a chance to bid.

Edited by xcell

14 minutes ago, xcell said:

Usually it's around the 80 day before the cruise mark.  Check your email, check you cruise "my Vacation home" page.  So that you don't have to read through all the pages, not all TA susbcribe to the bidding process (especially the big bog store ones), so you might not get a chance to bid.

Thanks - we booked direct with NCL and I think they offered us the chance to bid last time we sailed with them. My mother is paying for this trip, but I think we probably need more space so am hoping to pay for an upgrade and make things a little easier!

Edit - it's appeared right now!

Edited by itf

Hello,
just wondering how often (if at all) do people doing a B2B cruise get the random upgrade offer?

I'm taking about 2 cruises (one after another) under 1 reservation, receiving an offer to bid for an upgrade.

I Imagine it's pretty low occurrence.

Safe travels.

- WhosYourBuddy

20 hours ago, WYB! said:

Hello,
just wondering how often (if at all) do people doing a B2B cruise get the random upgrade offer?

I'm taking about 2 cruises (one after another) under 1 reservation, receiving an offer to bid for an upgrade.

I Imagine it's pretty low occurrence.

Safe travels.

- WhosYourBuddy

Are you sure you don't have two reservation numbers? I've done a few b2b's but had 2 cruises booked & two separate cards for each cruise for charges.   Haven't done a b2b since they started the upgrading process they do now. I personally wouldn't take the chances of losing a cabin I was booked into for two sailings. 

Yeah, I'm pretty positive my B2B is under 1 reservation. I wrote about my booking process here:

I'm tying to calculate the percentage for those that have booked a B2B under 1 reservation, how many have received an upgrade offer?

I've also booked a few other B2B voyages as well as single voyages in the past but in all my voyages with NCL I have only received a "random" upgrade offer once and it was not on a B2B voyage.

So I'm wondering if anyone doing a B2B voyage under 1 reservation has ever received an upgrade offer?

Safe travels,

- WhosYourBuddy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WYB! said:

Yeah, I'm pretty positive my B2B is under 1 reservation. I wrote about my booking process here:

I'm tying to calculate the percentage for those that have booked a B2B under 1 reservation, how many have received an upgrade offer?

I've also booked a few other B2B voyages as well as single voyages in the past but in all my voyages with NCL I have only received a "random" upgrade offer once and it was not on a B2B voyage.

So I'm wondering if anyone doing a B2B voyage under 1 reservation has ever received an upgrade offer?

Safe travels,

- WhosYourBuddy

Luck is with you do it!