What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

35 minutes ago, DinaS said:

The spa balconies may be sold out at this moment in time, but it is very likely they will become available after those with spa balconies are upgraded.

Could be! I didn't actually check for myself - once I'm upgraded, I'm done with mock bookings. This is now my second upgrade around that 50-day mark, and from my small sample and the feedback from those on my roll calls it seems like this is around the time where they like to make more insides/outsides/balconies available for last-minute bookings.

17 minutes ago, kayteecat said:

Could be! I didn't actually check for myself - once I'm upgraded, I'm done with mock bookings. This is now my second upgrade around that 50-day mark, and from my small sample and the feedback from those on my roll calls it seems like this is around the time where they like to make more insides/outsides/balconies available for last-minute bookings.

I upgraded (paid) to an H8 from a minisuite and now I am done.  I look at the HA or the other Haven suites...but I am done with upgrading.  I've got just over 50 days to go.  

1 hour ago, DinaS said:

The spa balconies may be sold out at this moment in time, but it is very likely they will become available after those with spa balconies are upgraded.

That is awesome! We are 58 days out. So maybe this week we will find out 🙂

Offered 2 upgrade options from Inside Bliss 14 day Jan 5.  

1) Balcony starting at $70 Canadian PP

2) OV starting at $35 CDN PP

Bid $130 CDN PP for OV (we have 4 in our room but our 3rd child is in my parents room so getting the OV will be a room for 5 which is ideal for us.)  Will update when / if bid is accepted.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:53 PM, K832905 said:

Got my email with the option to bid on an upgrade for the Encore December 1st, wish me luck!

Good Luck! Sailing on her Jan 19th, and we're patiently awaiting our chance to bid at the 80 day mark once we get the email. Would you be so kind as to post some Latitudes Dailies to the Jn 19th Roll Call on your return? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jowens4201979 said:

Hi all just got the upgrade email. We have all our specialty restaurants times and show times set up already.  Will we lose all that if our upgrade is accepted and we change rooms?

Not at all.  If you win the upgrade, you will keep your reservations and perks and will be assigned your new room.

Two more data points. This was our first time on NCL. We had 2 inside cabins booked for the 10/13 Breakaway. 1 was a guarantee for 2 people and 1 for 3 people with an assigned cabin. We bid the same for both, $70pp to upgrade to a balcony, which was a poor bid. The guarantee bid was rejected but the assigned cabin was accepted. Not only that but the new assigned cabin was a Deck 9 aft balcony with a huge balcony with lounge chairs. It was fabulous! No idea how we got it but it shows you that you never know.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, jjt said:

Two more data points. This was our first time on NCL. We had 2 inside cabins booked for the 10/13 Breakaway. 1 was a guarantee for 2 people and 1 for 3 people with an assigned cabin. We bid the same for both, $70pp to upgrade to a balcony, which was a poor bid. The guarantee bid was rejected but the assigned cabin was accepted. Not only that but the new assigned cabin was a Deck 9 aft balcony with a huge balcony with lounge chairs. It was fabulous! No idea how we got it but it shows you that you never know.

wow you got lucky!

I would like to bid to upgrade to Haven however we are a family with 3 cabins, it would be no good only some of us getting upgraded as we obviously wish to spend our time together, so is this process not appropriate for us. 

On 8/9/2019 at 7:50 AM, Waverunner1 said:

Sailing Gem 10/25/19 14 day Caribbean. Original booking room #9652 BC balcony at 2199.00 per person, all 5 perks. (+ Taxes, fees, Insurance, transportation, first born, etc...)

Here is what I was offered to bid on...

Haven

The Haven 3-Bedroom Garden Villa (H1) $2500-5000

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H2) $1500-3000 (Currently showing as Sold Out)

The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H3) $1000-3000

The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H4) $1000-2750

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony (H5) $750-2750

Non-Haven

2-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony (SC) $500-2500

Penthouse with Large Balcony (SE, SF) $300-2000

Mini-Suite with Balcony Stateroom $25-400

Past spending Habits

I spend money in the SPA for couples massage (Wife insists).

Moderate Gambler

Few shore excursions

Few gift shop items

Hope this helps somebody! Also, everybody's theory's hold water, however we just don't really know for sure so providing as much information as you can along with (when the time comes) your winning/losing bids and date of acceptance/rejection is the best info you can provide. Wish me luck!

I would also be interested in hearing from others who have offers on this same cruise.

So 3 days out and I pulled all of my bids...but, over the last month I went from my original balcony room 9652, to an aft balcony 10168, to a forward facing penthouse room 10000. It cost me nothing to switch to the aft balcony when prices dropped a few weeks ago to below what I originally paid. Then the Havens and Penthouses started to drop. I was mostly interested in the FF Penthouse which was priced at $4849 last March. It dropped in price to $4699, then $4499, then $4229  all in July, $3999 in August, $3799 to $3629 to $3599 to $3299 in September and settling in at $3199 in early October. My Bids also dropped along the way from $1140 to $1030 to $810 (all in the fair range) per person. At this point my bid was close enough to what it would cost to purchase the room outright and forgo the bidding process and risk not getting the room. I got an additional $100 OBC as well. All of the haven class rooms dropped as well and I kept a spreadsheet with prices and dates for those as well. I really gained a lot of perspective from this thread and from doing my homework. So don't just bid and sit back and wait for a rejection or acceptance email. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Waverunner1 said:

So don't just bid and sit back and wait for a rejection or acceptance email.

Upgrading has been a better option for me in the past.  Upgraded from OV to mid-ship balcony for $100 (my OK bid had been $200).  Upgraded from balcony to aft mini-suite for $0 when prices dropped - a "good" bid would have been about $250.

I got through the first 25 pages and didn't see my question. I wasn't going to wade through 140 more pages.

Sorry.

I have a SailAway Balcony booked on the Breakaway in late Jan. ( i know we are no where close to upgrade offer time).

When we booked we were luck enough to actually chose our cabin #8110 (super huge balc room).

When and if the upgrade offer comes we would only be interested in the Haven class options due to already having a larger balcony than most Mini suites and I am not really interested in a larger bathroom, honestly.

So my ? is......

Since we have a Sailaway (NO PERKS) what if anything would be included as "extras" with the upgrade to Haven?

I understand they have a private pool, hot tub, dining area, butler, concierge. But would we be eligible for anything else?

Just trying to see if it would be worth it to upgrade to the Haven or not. I am thinking not just based on the price we paid for the room we have but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything that would make it "worth it".

TIA

1 hour ago, Shattered__minds said:

I got through the first 25 pages and didn't see my question. I wasn't going to wade through 140 more pages.

Sorry.

I have a SailAway Balcony booked on the Breakaway in late Jan. ( i know we are no where close to upgrade offer time).

When we booked we were luck enough to actually chose our cabin #8110 (super huge balc room).

When and if the upgrade offer comes we would only be interested in the Haven class options due to already having a larger balcony than most Mini suites and I am not really interested in a larger bathroom, honestly.

So my ? is......

Since we have a Sailaway (NO PERKS) what if anything would be included as "extras" with the upgrade to Haven?

I understand they have a private pool, hot tub, dining area, butler, concierge. But would we be eligible for anything else?

Just trying to see if it would be worth it to upgrade to the Haven or not. I am thinking not just based on the price we paid for the room we have but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything that would make it "worth it".

TIA

If upgraded, You keep your original booking perks (0) and receive all the amenities of the cabin you upgrade to.

1 hour ago, Shattered__minds said:

That’s just the short list...priority embark/disembark, priority to tenders, in suite dining, etc.