Stateroom upgrade opportunity email

Hi [emoji3]

I just got and email this morning about the possibility of an upgrade if it becomes available for the prices offered. I had to join a waitlist and if it becomes available they will give me a call

How often this purchased upgrades ends in a real possible upgrade?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi [emoji3]

I just got and email this morning about the possibility of an upgrade if it becomes available for the prices offered. I had to join a waitlist and if it becomes available they will give me a call

How often this purchased upgrades ends in a real possible upgrade?

Thank you.

From what I read here, people rarely get called back.

From what I read here, people rarely get called back.

My last cruise on NCL there were plenty who did, including me. I had booked a sailaway inside cabin and paid $160 to upgrade to Oceanview on a 10 day cruise (Deck 8, not obstructed or down in the bowels).

It is difficult to get upgraded from an Oceanview or Inside to a Balcony. But Inside to Oceanview or Balcony to Mini Suite happens. Just be aware that you don't get to choose the location of the upgraded cabin. Some minisuites, for example, are directly below the kids club.

Check some of the roll calls that are a week or two away from the sail date. People share their upgrade info there. Also check "What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid" on the NCL boards. They just locked one version (5,000 posts) but the last has a link to a new one.

My last cruise on NCL there were plenty who did, including me. I had booked a sailaway inside cabin and paid $160 to upgrade to Oceanview on a 10 day cruise (Deck 8, not obstructed or down in the bowels).

It is difficult to get upgraded from an Oceanview or Inside to a Balcony. But Inside to Oceanview or Balcony to Mini Suite happens. Just be aware that you don't get to choose the location of the upgraded cabin. Some minisuites, for example, are directly below the kids club.

Check some of the roll calls that are a week or two away from the sail date. People share their upgrade info there. Also check "What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid" on the NCL boards. They just locked one version (5,000 posts) but the last has a link to a new one.

What I heard, as Bob, Royal passengers rarely get call backs. NCL program(Bidding) is totally different type program. I been cruising 30+ years and Royal has never asked me under the free upgrades either...

I got lucky and got an upgrade. I had 3 interior cabins and they wanted to move me and my wife and 1 child to a grand suite and put 3 kids in an interior. I told them make it 2 grand suites side by side and you have a deal. They called me back and agreed to the 2 grand suites.

Needless to say, it is very tough to think about booking an interior room again.

I got lucky and got an upgrade. I had 3 interior cabins and they wanted to move me and my wife and 1 child to a grand suite and put 3 kids in an interior. I told them make it 2 grand suites side by side and you have a deal. They called me back and agreed to the 2 grand suites.

Needless to say, it is very tough to think about booking an interior room again.

That's great.

But it's not the topic of this thread. :)

My sister and I are cruising in two weeks and we both got the same email. Not holding my breath because we have an accessible balcony and there really isn't much they could offer us unless it's a grand suite :D

I received the email for an up sell on my upcoming cruise. About 2 weeks later I received a call. The cost to move from OV to Balcony was an additional $700. I cruise solo (usually) and almost always in a balcony. Thought about it for a min and declined....(hard to do) .

About a week later I received another email stating I may get a call for a true upgrade. A couple of weeks later and so far no call.

But I’m hoping lol :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums