Dropping from 3 to 2 last minute

Hi all,

A little bit of a weird scenario, we have a 5 day Caribbean booked on Indy next spring in a panoramic ocean view room that is labelled for triple or quad occupancy. When we originally booked, we were planning on bringing out 1 year old daughter with us (party of 3). The grandparents have since offered to babysit, which would drop us to a party of 2. If we update our reservation to drop the baby, we lose our super sweet room since we are no longer a party of 3. So question is, what happens if we pay for 3 and show up, check in, but the baby is a no-show?

Thanks!

Taxes/fees will be refunded, as well as any cruise planner purchases/excursions/prepaid gratuities for the no-show. Usually it's recommended to just leave the extra person in and have them be a no-show, otherwise you risk being re-priced or moved to a different room

You won't be refunded the cruise price for the third guest, but will keep the room, current price, and get the taxes/fees refunded.

We had a similar situation for our upcoming January cruise. Due to some personal issues, the room with 3 dropped to 2.

There was a category upgrade needed to get a 2 person cabin.

We had to re-book that room per the cruise line.. That upgrade would have been about $150.00. Our TA was able to find a group fare that was only a small amount more.

It is my opinion that if Royal forces you to change from a 3 to a 2, there should not be a price adjustment as it is their requirement that you change. I understand and accept the change and the reasoning behind it, but I don't believe there should be a re-price.

What I would do too is wait til the next kids sail free and rebook under that as long as pax 1 and 2 are still the same, then at least your just eating the taxes and fees which should be refunded at time of sailing with a no show.

We booked LOS room #7408 which is a coveted balcony cabin for 3 pax, we only have 2, so I booked a fake 3rd child in the room and actually rccl math didn't come into play, i Figured i'd pay more for pax 1 and 2 with KSF promo, but nope, it was the same price for pax 1 and 2 even if i booked 3 adults.

We had a similar situation for our upcoming January cruise. Due to some personal issues, the room with 3 dropped to 2.

There was a category upgrade needed to get a 2 person cabin.

We had to re-book that room per the cruise line.. That upgrade would have been about $150.00. Our TA was able to find a group fare that was only a small amount more.

It is my opinion that if Royal forces you to change from a 3 to a 2, there should not be a price adjustment as it is their requirement that you change. I understand and accept the change and the reasoning behind it, but I don't believe there should be a re-price.

That could have gone either way tho, if available you could have downgraded to a lower class balcony for 2 and received a refund. So they either were sold out or you didn't take that choice. It's not RCCL's fault you had had to change from a 3 to 2 person room. Same thing if you did that and only suites were left, that would have been a big bill, or do you think that should have been at no charge too? I'm not being mean, I'm just asking because some people just don't understand the rules, Stupid or not, they are the rules.

If we update our reservation to drop the baby, we lose our super sweet room since we are no longer a party of 3.

Unlikely to happen if you do it just two weeks out - the point at which you should get a full refund for the third person.

That could have gone either way tho, if available you could have downgraded to a lower class balcony for 2 and received a refund. So they either were sold out or you didn't take that choice. It's not RCCL's fault you had had to change from a 3 to 2 person room. Same thing if you did that and only suites were left, that would have been a big bill, or do you think that should have been at no charge too? I'm not being mean, I'm just asking because some people just don't understand the rules, Stupid or not, they are the rules.

These are inside rooms. No place to downgrade to. :cool:

These are inside rooms. No place to downgrade to. :cool:

Sure there is, if you booked an inside room for 3 people, thats a higher class cabin then an inside for 2 people. Again, either they are sold out or you opted for a higher class cabin.