Bingo Questions

Hello fellow cruisers,

My family and I will be cruising on the Adventure in 2 weeks. My sister and I enjoy bingo. Can anyone tell me the current bingo prices? Also, I was on a royal caribbean cruise back in 2012 and received a blue seal during bingo which was a promotion and if you brought it back to another bingo you would get another bingo card (or something along those times). Anyone know the blue seal is still honored?

I believe the packages start around $40's. And the electronic in the $60's. I would get the electronic, you get paper with them too. And well they seem to win. At least for me thats what i only won on.

Make sure you bring a dabber or highlighter with. (Sometimes they are out of stock)

And sometimes they will tell you a secret code word to get an extra sheet. When you come back for the next bingo.

And yes I've even brought my rccl bingo tee to get a free paper.

Make sure you make the last bingo, thats the biggest prize

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Bingo is a huge money maker for the cruise lines. They take in way, way more than they ever pay out. It's a total scam.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

I agree. I love bingo, however, the cost to play is high and the games are few and short.

Before you know it, it's all over . I stopped playing long ago.

Bingo is a huge money maker for the cruise lines. They take in way, way more than they ever pay out. It's a total scam.

I agree. I love bingo, however, the cost to play is high and the games are few and short.

Before you know it, it's all over . I stopped playing long ago.

I agree. If they just charged $20 more people would play. Get rid of those electronic cards too.

Every bingo anywhere takes in way more than they pay out....or they won't stay in business. Maybe not true social bingo. But, you do realize RCL is a business that wants to make money. Making money, by definition, is taking in more than you pay out.

I used to run a bingo for a charity. We made lots of money on it. Lots. That doesn't make it a scam.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I agree. Was on Jewel a few years ago, no joke $40 to play 1 game!! It was advertised "come play a game of bingo" but I assumed it was at least a few games. Probably my fault, but they made a FORTUNE!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

I remember back in the 90's, they packed em in the theater for bingo. Now it's held in a tiny venue.

Is there that much disinterest, or has the cost gotten too high??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Way too high for us! We played once and it was $80! I liked the old days when they didn't have the electronic machines. It kind of takes the fun out of it now.

First you wait for them to open the venue where bingo is being held.

Second, you wait on line for the bingo package you purchase.

Third, you scope out a good seat, close to the "caller" but also so you can see the screen.

Fourth, you wait for the game(s) to start.

And finally!!! they start playing- but before you can blink the games are done!

Seems more like a waiting game than a bingo game!

Except...there are winners. My husband and I won a free cruise (which we took on the Oasis), on that cruise, he won $700. I know this is not the norm, but as long as you go into it knowing that you mostly likely won't win, and maybe just play a couple of days for for the larger prizes, you never know...you might get lucky. We did.

I played bingo on our cruise in April. Top cost for all games, electronic and such along with a 'new' bingo 'friend' (Ringo and the seal are retired) ran me about $60~. I was happy to learn they did play more than one game and they were not all single line Bingos. Those are to quick and boring. I want play for my money (I also want to win, but that's just luck of the draw). As far as the Seal is concerned, I stopped bringing him a few years back. I already have to much to pack and when I fly it just makes space that much worse. What I have done is take a picture of my seal. I plan to put Ringo, the Seal and my new bingo friend (a puffer bingo ball # fish) together and take a new pic. Each time I've shown the pic, they laughed and gave me my free slip.

May the Bingo G-ds be in your favor.

Erika

I used to play bingo all the time but when they introduced the machines, I stopped. What fun is it? You do absolutely nothing but look at the machine. They did offer paper but your chance of winning was less than half of the machine since the machine played double the number of cards.

On recent b2b cruises, we decided to play again and I was happy to see that very few now use the machine. I may try again on one of my next cruises. Royal Caribbean is very expensive though and has low payouts. Princess is cheaper, doesn’t use machines, and has better payouts but I still prefer Royal Caribbean. But i do use my Princess daubers.

Just off the Allure and was a little shocked they charge (I think it was $3) for a dauber. I'm glad I had a highlighter with me. Also, the venue we played in was small, so get there early to get a seat. We didn't win, but the cruise staff did make it fun.