Beverage Package Question

I searched and couldn’t find the answer on the boards before posting....

We are going on the Anthem in June 2019 and there will be 5 of us going so we obviously have two rooms.

My wife will be in one room with our two girls (4 and 3) and I will be in the room across the hall with my mom who is coming with us. I will obviously be in the room with the kids and my wife once we board but for booking purposes that is how we did it.

So my question is if the Wife buys the beverage package do the kids HAVE to get the basic package?

There’s no need for us to both get the drink package so thinking this might be a good option.

Kids don’t drink soda so they will be fine with the basic juices and water etc.

Thanks and sorry if this has been already asked on another thread I couldn’t locate the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fantastic and then she can get me drinks and etc awesome news!

Sorry, but it's people like you who think you can "share" the drink package that have made the rules change to where anyone over 21 has to buy a package if one does! Shame on you!!

Sorry, but it's people like you who think you can "share" the drink package that have made the rules change to where anyone over 21 has to buy a package if one does! Shame on you!!

Shame on me? Who do you think you are? You must be one angry person if you casting “shame” on someone for this?

You must have a hard time in life especially when people go over the speed limit, don’t stop at a stop sign, or fail to use there turn signal.

That’s one thing I hate about these boards is everyone is so judgmental of other people just for asking a questions. Grow up be an adult and show some respect for simple questions back and forth, your not hired by the cruise line to enforce the rules. If people want to “break” the rules they are adults and can make that decision we don’t need to be scolded on a message board that is being used for information and to build excitement for a cruise.

With that off my chest...Royal will make much more on one person buying a drink package than if we didn’t and bought drinks by the drink because we have 2 young kids we won’t be getting drunk. So it’s more of a convenience thing and paying for the package ahead of time rather than worrying about my “bar tab” throughout the the cruise.

Shame on me? Who do you think you are? You must be one angry person if you casting “shame” on someone for this?

You must have a hard time in life especially when people go over the speed limit, don’t stop at a stop sign, or fail to use there turn signal.

That’s one thing I hate about these boards is everyone is so judgmental of other people just for asking a questions. Grow up be an adult and show some respect for simple questions back and forth, your not hired by the cruise line to enforce the rules. If people want to “break” the rules they are adults and can make that decision we don’t need to be scolded on a message board that is being used for information and to build excitement for a cruise.

With that off my chest...Royal will make much more on one person buying a drink package than if we didn’t and bought drinks by the drink because we have 2 young kids we won’t be getting drunk. So it’s more of a convenience thing and paying for the package ahead of time rather than worrying about my “bar tab” throughout the the cruise.

No one was being judgemental about the question you asked. If you had simply thanked people for providing the answers instead of bragging about how you were going to game the system then this thread wouldn’t be the train wreck that it’s about to become.

Actually, you will find lots of angry people on these boards who do not advocate theft (which is what you are proposing). Used to be only those who wanted a drink package could buy one. Thanks to thieves, now everyone over 21 in a cabin must get a package if one person does. And, yes, if you are caught “sharing “, the package will be revoked with no refund. That’s how seriously the cruise line feels about theft. Do you go to an all you can eat restaurant and just order one dinner then eat off your wife’s plate? That’s what you’re proposing here.

Rules are made for a reason..............! Yes, speed limits, no u-turns etc are rules made for a purpose. Driving no faster than the posted limit that needs to be followed, no texting, etc. I try very hard to follow all rules, whether I agree with them or not. When you do not, then you quite possible will inconvenience someone else.

Sorry, but I had to state my opinion. Rules are rules.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation.:):):)

Rules are made for a reason..............! Yes, speed limits, no u-turns etc are rules made for a purpose. Driving no faster than the posted limit that needs to be followed, no texting, etc. I try very hard to follow all rules, whether I agree with them or not. When you do not, then you quite possible will inconvenience someone else.

Sorry, but I had to state my opinion. Rules are rules.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation.:):):)

Oh I plan on it!

I apologize I should of just replied “thanks” And i did not.

I only replied to the person who said “shame on you” as I felt that was an unnecessary and rude and yes a judgmental response, so please before everyone gets all angry at someone about a question and discussion give them the facts they may change there mind....

So yea I understand the rules I didn’t know they could cancel your package so I actually looked that up on the page and read the fine print, that wouldn’t be too economical to lose out on a $450 package so now I’ll really consider and most likely go the “a la carte” way and just buy as needed.

So thank you all for your replies and information you have changed my thought on the situation and I greatly appreciate it

Fantastic and then she can get me drinks and etc awesome news!

It is this response that leads me to believe the OP is just trolling to get the necessary response to step up on his soapbox and chastise someone.

It is this response that leads me to believe the OP is just trolling to get the necessary response to step up on his soapbox and chastise someone.

No really I don’t have the time to “troll” I’ve got two kids under 4 a full time job and a house to maintain no time for those shenanigans

If I really wanted to troll I would be asking if I could buy a service dog jacket for my dog

and bring him on the cruise :)

No really I don’t have the time to “troll” I’ve got two kids under 4 a full time job and a house to maintain no time for those shenanigans

If I really wanted to troll I would be asking if I could buy a service dog jacket for my dog

and bring him on the cruise :)

I think you can do that if the dog buys a drink package.

JB

I searched and couldn’t find the answer on the boards before posting....

We are going on the Anthem in June 2019 and there will be 5 of us going so we obviously have two rooms.

My wife will be in one room with our two girls (4 and 3) and I will be in the room across the hall with my mom who is coming with us. I will obviously be in the room with the kids and my wife once we board but for booking purposes that is how we did it.

So my question is if the Wife buys the beverage package do the kids HAVE to get the basic package?

There’s no need for us to both get the drink package so thinking this might be a good option.

Kids don’t drink soda so they will be fine with the basic juices and water etc.

Thanks and sorry if this has been already asked on another thread I couldn’t locate the answer.

A representative of RCCL told me that if my wife gets the Drink package and since for medical reasons I can't drink alcohol so I must purchase a soda package to comply with the policy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

A representative of RCCL told me that if my wife gets the Drink package and since for medical reasons I can't drink alcohol so I must purchase a soda package to comply with the policy.

We have not heard many success stories of the other person getting just the soda package. The usual requirement is the refreshment package.

We have not heard many success stories of the other person getting just the soda package. The usual requirement is the refreshment package.
The representative was going to take care of me. But we both decided that bar package would not be worth it because we don't drink much.