Noordam Naming Ceremony

JimandStan

That's what they said on the TITANIC!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

This will be my 12th maiden voyage........

BERMUDIAN 1969

NORDIC CLANSMAN 1973

LOCH LOMOND 1975

TOPSHAM 1987

ROYAL M 1998

FAITHFUL 1990

TARA II 1991

STATENDAM 1993

MAASDAM 1993

RYNDAM 1994

VEENDAM 1996

NOORDAM 2006

But please note..... BERMUDIAN, TOPSHAM, ROYAL M and TARA II were all the same ship... just different owners and different names! On BERMUDIAN I was Deck Boy but on the last three voyages in her I was Master.

I wonder how many CCers remember the BERMUDIAN 1969 to 1987? She was the tug/tender that tendered to the old ROTTERDAM every Thursday in Bermuda during the summer months?

Stephen[/quote

Stephen - I also would appreciate it if you would know where I can purchase "Queen of Bermuda". Also, we are looking forward to meeting you onboard the maiden voyage of the Noordam. Keeping my fingers crossed that they have your new book ready to be sold. All very exciting.

Greg--

You can wander the decks in your skivvies when it's 30 degrees out all you want...

...God invented Wool and Central Heating for the rest of us!

Brian....You are absolutely the best. (Did you buy something really neat for your cruise while out shopping today? )

We HAVE to cruise together one of these days!!!

I was thinking something very similar about central heating.... :)

(Did you buy something really neat for your cruise while out shopping today? )

I went out to just get a new shirt and tie for an interview...

...and they were having a sale on Penguin!

So I bought some plaid Bermuda shorts, long black socks and plaid shirts to wear aboard ship

;)

You can wander the decks in your skivvies when it's 30 degrees out all you want...

...God invented Wool and Central Heating for the rest of us!

Hardy har har.

Granted, I have my own God given fur, however ... I never said anything about walking around in my skivvies when it's 30 degrees out. I said that, in 50 degree weather, I usually wear short-sleeve shirts. In 20 - 30 degree weather I wear a jacket. But I don't bundle up my an arctic explorer. 20 -30 degrees is not THAT cold.

So I bought some plaid Bermuda shorts, long black socks and plaid shirts to wear aboard ship

;)

Well, unless you are wearing a jacket and tie you still ain't getting into the dining room..... unless you are a surfer.

I wouldn't wear all that plaid.... you might got shot by a moose!

Stephen

(Thankful that REAL Bermuda Shorts don't come in patterns!)

Well, unless you are wearing a jacket and tie you still ain't getting into the dining room..... unless you are a surfer.

Oh yeah - I got a white casual blazer to go with it.

So will they let me in the Dining Room now (sans longboard)?

I wouldn't wear all that plaid.... you might got shot by a moose!

Huh?

Since when did they allow Moose hunting in the Vista Dining Room?

;)

Hardy har har.

But I don't bundle up my an arctic explorer. 20 -30 degrees is not THAT cold.

Yeah, hardy har har, lol!!! 20 - 30 degrees is still pretty cold when the wind is blowing and the snow is coming down faster than you can shovel it!!! ;)

I just hope we don't have a huge snow storm the day we fly out - it's been unseasonable warm this week - sunny and 60's - so we might be overdue... :confused:

Have you heard the latest?

Some lucky #*>@!....er.....stiffs are invited to the Mariner luncheon on the 21st, then STAY OVERNIGHT ON THE SHIP, then attend the Naming Ceremony on the 22nd!

Just what kinds of services do you have to provide to the Holland America Line to rate THAT? (Be careful when you answer, I have delicate sensibilities!).

I must get out my nautical "whose who" and check out the guest list......let's see.....the Arisons, the Lantermans, the Binnerdykes, the Cards.......darn it, the A list table is full!

Oh well, We'll just have to hang out with Marlee and the Hollywood crowd on the fantail.......I'm sure they'll be smoking........something!

Two weeks from Today, we wake up at Sea :D

At least they are invited, and at least they have to be on the manifest, so at least we will know who is sailing with us! We could be so unlucky as to have been on the Rotterdam recently where they had a "person", I won't say "lady" roaming around the ship as a stow away for a cruise and a half before the staff could catch her :eek: :D

calm seas

Sorry to get off topic here - but when we were on the Rotterdam in 2003 for a 16 day Orinoco cruise, we had a stow away woman who had already been on the ship for the previous cruise. We saw her leave the ship in handcuffs from our verandah.

Could this be the same woman?

That is the one. I had seen it posted previously, but couldn't remember the exact details. Thanks for filling it in. It seems she survived, in part, by stealing water/sodas from :eek: the suites!:eek:

Have you heard the latest?

Some lucky #*>@!....er.....stiffs are invited to the Mariner luncheon on the 21st, then STAY OVERNIGHT ON THE SHIP, then attend the Naming Ceremony on the 22nd!

:D

Jim and Stan,

There are Travel Agents and Mariner's lunches on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the ship will be full of TAs on both Monday and Tuesday nights.

But like I said... there are ONLY...... 1,918 " PASSENGERS " who will be sailing on the maiden voyage. And do you know what we get to do that no Travel Agent, guest or VIP gets to do? Hmmmmmmmm?

BOAT DRILL!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Stephen

Darn it! You found me out. But I had a great time on the Rotterdam while it lasted;) !

Back to the Noordam ... I'm just curious. Here you all are about to embark on this amazing maiden voyage of the Noordam. You're so lucky and some of us are so envious that we just come on these Noordam threads to gawk and we're invited to nothing and we're going nowhere.

So why do any of you care about the fact that there will be fanfare and VIPs and celebrations and luncheons and overnights, etc., to which you are not invited? Why does it matter? Why do you care???

Seriously, I'm just curious and not trying to start anything. I just don't get it.

So why do any of you care about the fact that there will be fanfare and VIPs and celebrations and luncheons and overnights, etc., to which you are not invited? Why does it matter? Why do you care???

Seriously, I'm just curious and not trying to start anything. I just don't get it.

I don't care.

It doesn't matter to me.

I don't wanna hang around w/ a bunch of TA's and suits anyways...

I'm planning my own fabulous parties, and Micky A isn't invited either.

:p

I would have invited Stephen, but Ship Services tells me he's too busy

(Oh well, I can always harass him ad-nauseum in the Ocean Bar)

;)

I just wish Heather and S7S were on this trip w/ us...

:(

Two weeks from Today, we wake up at Sea :D

On 3rd January 1993 I sailed out of New York just before midnight at the start of the ROTTERDAM's '93 world cruise. I was only sailing as far as Honolulu as I had to get back to Lauderdale for the 23rd January maiden voyage departure of the STATENDAM!

Anyhow, the midnight departure was beautiful. Next morning I woke in my cabin... 545... the ship creaking groaning as she pitched and rolled her way down the coast. I got up and went into my bathroom and started to shave. In less than a minute I was down on my knees calling down the big porcelain telephone for the two pulmbers... Huey & Luke! I fell in love with the old ROTTERDAM but I learned my lesson... if it is gonna be rough... take the Bonine.

We shall be heading down the coast in mid/late February. An ounce or prevention.....................

Stephen

Archived