Very surprised

Jme4166

I called today to book our excursion and they did not make me pay upfront. We do not have the excursion benefit. I got the email confirming we are booked and it’s showing on our booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No I was told by people on the boards here that you pay upfront.

Interesting - we have been cruising since 1998 and it was that you used to not have to pay up front, but since I started reserving our excursions online, I have to pay for them up front. I wonder if I call to reserve them if I know do not have to pay up front. We are new to NCL and when I look online (cannot reserve until August 8 - cruise is in December) it shows that I will have to pay for them up front - which I would prefer to do - will check on 8/8 just out of curiosity.

Thanks.

Interesting - we have been cruising since 1998 and it was that you used to not have to pay up front, but since I started reserving our excursions online, I have to pay for them up front. I wonder if I call to reserve them if I know do not have to pay up front. We are new to NCL and when I look online (cannot reserve until August 8 - cruise is in December) it shows that I will have to pay for them up front - which I would prefer to do - will check on 8/8 just out of curiosity.

Thanks.

I call to reserve the excursions because I don’t want to prepay since we are Platinum and get a discount on top of the $50 port credit.

I call to reserve the excursions because I don’t want to prepay since we are Platinum and get a discount on top of the $50 port credit.

We are not platinum tho. So again surprised.

Ooh, I'd like to not prepay the excursion if possible. Can anyone else chime in so we can sort of see if this was a one off or if it's normal policy to not prepay if you call in.

*1 (866) 625-1167‬. Call this number for NCL Shorex and ask to reserve. You shouldn’t be charged ahead of time.

I called last night to book a shore excursion via phone and was also surprised that we didn’t have to pay upfront. They were also on top of our Platinum + and $50 room credit. We’ve always had to prepay if booking online.

I called last night to book a shore excursion via phone and was also surprised that we didn’t have to pay upfront. They were also on top of our Platinum + and $50 room credit. We’ve always had to prepay if booking online.

Congrats, nice to see that NCL is being proactive with their tour/excursion bookings. I wonder if some of the "pay later" scenario could be b/c of the OBC since so many pax seem to have it now. Enjoy your cruise.

Exactly why I book over phone or with my PCC. Hate to prepay and then decide we changed our plans.

I just called to reserve an excursion and told them I would be paying most of it with onboard credits. The woman wouldn't reserve a spot for me and said it would have to be done when I boarded ship. I'll try calling in the morning, maybe will get better results, lol.

Last i checked online you normally pay right away, but the weird thing to get the discounts like the $50 per room you have to call. Maybe they changed that now because it was inconsistent and with them offering more and more discounts because in europe 'all inclusive' default gives them less options to offer more to fill places they probably wanted to make this easier/more consistent ?

Daniel.

I booked all my Baltic excursions (4 of them) online since dh wanted to pay for them well before our cruise in August. He hates coming home to a large credit card bill. The online booking price showed our Platinum discount, and we will receive our $50 per exursion discount in obc after each is completed.

Not a shore excursion, but still a warning...

I called to book cirque dreams because I didn't want it to use up my dining credits. They didn't charge me and sent me a confirmation. A few days later it's gone from my account and the online system won't let me rebook. I called NCL and they confirmed that it is gone from my account and told me they can't rebook it because the system won't let them and I have to do it on board. So annoying!

If I were you I would call back and pay- I wish that I had paid for my reservation so that it couldn't be taken away from me!