I caved...just got FTTF!

DramaQueen22

We have used it when we could get it..I adore it. Hubby has back issues and when we can drop junk off in the cabin and chill for a bit before muster then it's worth it. I don't adore the hate glares when I get to bypass the regular long as hell line at GS but hey I paid for it so I'm gonna enjoy it.

I was checking out the shore excursions for our trip. If it is available for your sailing, it will be in the ones offered for the embarkation city. It only just showed up there this week. I know others have said you have to keep watching and checking for it. I have no idea why it is there so early...but I sure did pounce on it!

DramaQueen22!!!!! You and everyone else on here are the best. I never anticipated FTTF being available this early but kept looking based on the advice of you and the others. To my surprise, there it was 20 minutes ago and i was sure to pounce as you put it. Thanks a lot for your help and happy cruising to you and everyone that were eager to offer advice.

Heimey

I had been checking about 20X a day for my March 2019 cruise on the Breeze out of Port Canaveral since Spring, and finally yesterday afternoon it posted, and I snagged it so fast, my hubby was left wondering why I flew to grab my credit card!! Lol! I will not tell, though, as it is a surprise to him for our anniversary on that cruise. He HATES long lines, and after our hour and a half wait to check in for our NCL cruise, even with a check in time, that he was a very grumpy hubby to begin that cruise. I’m just going to surprise him upon boarding. I just hope he doesn’t ask me what I paid for it! 😬

I too have been checking early every morning since we booked our May 4, 2019 cruise on the Breeze this past April. Finally posted this morning and I jumped on it. One less thing to worry about each morning. 291 days to go!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

$90.00 will buy you:

1. 8-9 drinks

2. Excursion in port

3. 1.5 days of drinking

4. Bunch of souvenir in the gift shop

5. 10 t-shirts at the blue light special

6. A few drinks at Senior Frogs

or

1. Free access to your room, which is already free

2. Baggage delivery slightly earlier, which is free

3. The ability to do the work of the porters/ship employees to deliver your bags yourself and drop them off. (Yes, you pay Carnival so you can do the work yourself)

4. Get in a line that is free, but pay to move ahead of the line.....still a free line

5. Get off ship faster (free)

6. Get on a tender faster (and free service)

It's free stuff, but you get to pay for it......:')

1. Free access to your room, which is already free

2. Baggage delivery slightly earlier, which is free

3. The ability to do the work of the porters/ship employees to deliver your bags yourself and drop them off. (Yes, you pay Carnival so you can do the work yourself)

4. Get in a line that is free, but pay to move ahead of the line.....still a free line

5. Get off ship faster (free)

6. Get on a tender faster (and free service)

It's free stuff, but you get to pay for it......:')

How is any of the above free if you are

1. Waiting on the lido with the masses while I am comfortably in my room already

2. Have my luggage unpacked before you even get into your stateroom

3. I only carry one a backpack (with camera, money, etc) and soft drinks for our room. I won't be carrying these to the crowded lido.

4. I will wait in line less than you. My time is important to me and the less I wait in line behind slow moving people the better. I have my TSA pre-check and Global Entry (I assume you think those are a waste too) just so I can miss all the idiots who don't understand the rules at airports.

5. I am through customs, out the door and on my way home before you even leave the ship again with the masses

6. I am already off the tender and enjoying the islands while you are still waiting in the hallway on the cruise ship.

7. Also don't forget you can give me dirty looks at guest services when you are number 15 or 20 in line and I walk up and get helped right away...again...no waiting!!!

Anything we can do to speed up any process is welcomed by me. We are not cheap when we vacation. $90 is not going to make or break me. If it does, I have bigger issues and don't need to be paying $2,500 for a balcony on the lido deck. If I had to guess, you probably don't tip extra because the workers get paid $5 a day (included in your fare) to wait on you.

Edited by moondog73

1. Waiting on the lido with the masses while I am comfortably in my room already

Not really. I get to the ship, eat lunch, and go to my room. Never looked at is as waiting, since I'm eating lunch.

Only takes me 15 - 20 minutes to unpack. Don't really care when I do it. Sooner or later it gets done.

3. I only carry one a backpack (with camera, money, etc) and soft drinks for our room. I won't be carrying these to the crowded lido.

Seldom carry a camera, my iPhone does the job. My back pack is pretty light, and even on tours, I might have it. Not really a hassle. (I never bring on soda, because and the rest of my pantry)

4. I will wait in line less than you. My time is important to me and the less I wait in line behind slow moving people the better. I have my TSA pre-check and Global Entry (I assume you think those are a waste too) just so I can miss all the idiots who don't understand the rules at airports.

Funny statement is that I travel on airlines internationally a lot. Global entry is for 5 years and it actually saves a lot of hassles at airports, and connecting. I don't think it's a waste because it's $20 a year, for unlimited uses. Not quite the same as $90 a use.

5. I am through customs, out the door and on my way home before you even leave the ship again with the masses

I take my time, eat breakfast, get off the ship, and on my way, and home by lunch time. By the time I'm ready, and my tummy is full, the masses have cleared, and I usually just walk off.

6. I am already off the tender and enjoying the islands while you are still waiting in the hallway on the cruise ship.

I usually will not travel on Carnival, but on the ships I travel on, never had an issue with the lines. They were pretty fast. and efficient.

7. Also don't forget you can give me dirty looks at guest services when you are number 15 or 20 in line and I walk up and get helped right away...again...no waiting!!!

Been on over 25 cruises, and I only remember using the GS line 2 times. Neither time had a line of any special length.

Anything we can do to speed up any process is welcomed by me. We are not cheap when we vacation. $90 is not going to make or break me. If it does, I have bigger issues and don't need to be paying $2,500 for a balcony on the lido deck. If I had to guess, you probably don't tip extra because the workers get paid $5 a day (included in your fare) to wait on you.

How much the employees make is irrelevant to me. It's their business. I always tip, the recommended amounts both on the ship, and in the countries I'm visiting.

It works for us. Try it once and you can decide if it is worth it. There are some people here who think it is a waste, but that is just their opinion. Others (like us) love it! My co-worker thinks booking anything but an inside cabin is a waste of money, I could never sail in anything but an OV or above. To each his own!

Totally agree!! It’s worth every penny of the going rate for FTTF!!

I had been checking about 20X a day for my March 2019 cruise on the Breeze out of Port Canaveral since Spring, and finally yesterday afternoon it posted, and I snagged it so fast, my hubby was left wondering why I flew to grab my credit card!! Lol! I will not tell, though, as it is a surprise to him for our anniversary on that cruise. He HATES long lines, and after our hour and a half wait to check in for our NCL cruise, even with a check in time, that he was a very grumpy hubby to begin that cruise. I’m just going to surprise him upon boarding. I just hope he doesn’t ask me what I paid for it! 😬

I'm on the same sailing. I've been checking everyday too. I checked yesterday morning and it wasn't available. I checked this morning and it's already sold out. I'm so sad right now....

I'm on the same sailing. I've been checking everyday too. I checked yesterday morning and it wasn't available. I checked this morning and it's already sold out. I'm so sad right now....

Oh, no! It popped up late afternoon, and as I said, I’m CONSTANTLY checking! I was obsessed! Lol! Now, I have try and keep it a secret from the hubby, as it will be a surprise. I’m sure his grumbling about the long lines will begin as we board our shuttle to port—LOL—then I want to spring it on him as we enter the priority check in line! Can’t wait to see his face!! I’m also in the process of cashing in reward points as enough accrue to purchase OBC, so he can relax, have a beer, and not always worry about cost. 😊

I have been checking everyday since I booked in March! I typically check when I am at work so this morning when I checked I think my coworkers thought I was crazy! I was rummaging around getting my card out and turning my phone off so I didn't get interrupted like a maniac!!

I have been checking everyday since I booked in March! I typically check when I am at work so this morning when I checked I think my coworkers thought I was crazy! I was rummaging around getting my card out and turning my phone off so I didn't get interrupted like a maniac!!

Good for you!! Hubby is already pestering me about what did I buy!! My lips are sealed!! I can’t wait to see his face when we go to the priority check in line! 🛳🏖🌴

It's amazing to me how many people try to convince pro-FTTFers that it's a waste of OUR money! Trust me, I, and probably most everyone else that gets FTTF, has thought it through and determined it's benefits are worth the cost. No need to worry and try to convince us otherwise. If it's coming from a place of chastisement (which most of the replies sound like), perhaps start another thread stating that. I will stay off that thread instead of trying to stir things up by dissenting with your opinion. Not only did I buy it for the cruise we are about to go on, but I bought it for next summer's as well! :D

Oh, no! It popped up late afternoon, and as I said, I’m CONSTANTLY checking! I was obsessed! Lol! Now, I have try and keep it a secret from the hubby, as it will be a surprise. I’m sure his grumbling about the long lines will begin as we board our shuttle to port—LOL—then I want to spring it on him as we enter the priority check in line! Can’t wait to see his face!! I’m also in the process of cashing in reward points as enough accrue to purchase OBC, so he can relax, have a beer, and not always worry about cost. 😊

Whoo Hoo!! I just checked again this afternoon and more were available. I snatched it up as fast as I could. :cool:

There are literally thousands of posts regarding FTTF. And just as many opinions ;p. We always purchase FTTF when it's available. For us, getting our luggage before anyone else (supposedly) is the last reason for purchase. We enjoy getting on board among the first groups. We enjoy dropping off our carry-ons and often only bring carry ons so that we can be unpacked and having our first drink, before many are even on the ship! BUT one of the best reasons for us is Customer Service. We never wait in a line and always have issues that need to be resolved there. From losing something and needing to visit Lost and Found, to putting spending limits daily on our kids' accounts, not having to spend part of my vacay standing in a long line, is WELL worth it for me. Enjoy!

You summed up the FTTF debate perfectly!

We just got our FTTF for our cruise on the Magic on May 11, 2019. Being able to go to the room and put the little ones down for a nap or let them have the run of the cabin is worth it. The other people in our group also got it, we all are so excited for the cruise...under 300 days! haha.

It's amazing to me how many people try to convince pro-FTTFers that it's a waste of OUR money! Trust me, I, and probably most everyone else that gets FTTF, has thought it through and determined it's benefits are worth the cost. No need to worry and try to convince us otherwise. If it's coming from a place of chastisement (which most of the replies sound like), perhaps start another thread stating that. I will stay off that thread instead of trying to stir things up by dissenting with your opinion. Not only did I buy it for the cruise we are about to go on, but I bought it for next summer's as well! :D

Agreed! We all have priorities when we travel and to each his own!

I would get it again on any sailing it is offered. Enjoyed the benefits every time! Luggage delivery was last on our list too... [emoji41] Loved not having to wait in the long lines, and the priority meal seating was helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums