Eating solo in steakhouse

MTinGA

I posted a similar thread the other day. My first solo cruise is in less than 2 months. There are 3 specialty restaurants on this ship, and I've made reservations for them all, plus the chef's table. I was originally worried about eating alone, but then I thought...WHO CARES.

I am about to enjoy ever aspect of this solo 9 day vacation. :hearteyes:

May I suggest eating at the steakhouse bar. The bartenders are always friendly and will chat if you'd like. I've ate at the bar a few times with my wife and it was great. Some of the other specialty restaurants have bars as well.

I haven't sailed solo on Carnival, but I have on other lines and ate in all the specialty restaurants! I never felt awkward (but I also tend to eat out at restaurants on my own at home).

I found the staff to be quite accommodating, even asking where I would be most comfortable in the restaurant - my only request was no table in the middle of the room!!

Have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute!

I've eaten at the steakhouse several times solo, and it's great... You have the entire table (though, small) to yourself, and the service is great. Don't worry what anyone else thinks, you'll never see any of these people again...

I posted a similar thread the other day. My first solo cruise is in less than 2 months. There are 3 specialty restaurants on this ship, and I've made reservations for them all, plus the chef's table. I was originally worried about eating alone, but then I thought...WHO CARES.

I am about to enjoy ever aspect of this solo 9 day vacation. :hearteyes:

I have also done all solo including the Chef's Table, Never an issue.

I'm a road warrior and a good part of my adult life has been on the road and eating alone. Personally I love being able to relax, read a book or newspaper without any interruptions. I've never traveled on vacation alone, but I wouldn't think twice about doing it or dining by myself.

Has anyone ever dined solo in the steakhouse? I am worried I would be awkward being alone in this dining area. Any experience with this?

This is my opinion and my opinion only. I have dined alone in many restaurants on and off ships for the past 25+ yrs since my wife passed away. Have never had a problem and I am used to that. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with eating alone in the steakhouse. My only thing is that, because of the surcharge, I would just as soon eat in the MDR or even the buffet as I feel that the steakhouse experience would be more enjoyable when sharing the time with someone as it does seem kind of special. Please don't jump all over me as this is only my thoughts. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have on any Carnival ship that has a steakhouse. I love it. An excellent meal which I savor and enjoy.

For my upcoming cruise is I have three nights in the steakhouse and Chef table. Traveling solo and looking forward

If you want to go to the Steakhouse, you should go. Do not worry about what anyone else will think- what matters is if you're comfortable with it.

If you don't want to go alone, you could wait to make a reservation, then talk to your MDR table mates on the first night and see if anyone else wants to join you there later on in the week?

I used to be terrified of dining alone, let alone cruising solo..

A few years ago I went to Atlantic City by myself and stayed at a familiar hotel and booked an upscale restaurant for dinner.

I felt very awkward at first, even though I'd been there many times before.

Funny thing I noticed was that a "couple" seated at a table in my view never spoke a word through the meal... LOL

Ever since then, my attitude changed and I've eaten solo in the Steakhouse, MDR and Seaday brunch on several cruises and never felt out of place.

Has anyone ever dined solo in the steakhouse? I am worried I would be awkward being alone in this dining area. Any experience with this?

Yes, I usually eat solo in any specialty restaurant I go to - on land or sea. Nobody stares at you any more than they stare at couples. It really is no big deal.