Enchantment of Seas vs. Carnival Ecstasy

We are looking at a quick 3 night weekend trip tot he Bahamas. Considering both ships. The appeal of carnival being closer to us (5 hours vs 9 hrs to port canaveral) is nice. However we have sailed carnival, Royal & Disney and prefer Disney over them all, then Royal, then carnival. I’m just not sure I can justify spending $1300 more for 3 nights on Disney. Anyway, it’s been a long time since we sailed Royal or carnival. I’m thinking enchantment May have a *little* more things to do onboard for kids (ages 8, 11 & infant) and bigger pool area. Any insight would be appreciated!

For a quick 3 night cruise I would not spend that money on Disney. At that age 8 and 11 they have probably outgrow the Disney Magic. Also, I would not drive that far for 3 nights. My kids at that age would not be happy with Enchantment due to lack of activities ( they would go more for beach time). This is just my opinion obviously.

I will always do Royal Caribbean over Carnival any day. But that's personal opinion. Enchantment is Vision Class, one of my favorite classes. Ecstasy is one of Carnivals oldest ships. For me, there would be no decision to make. I'd do Enchantment.

Though hands down I would put in the vote for Enchantment over Carnival any day. 5 hour versus 9 hour drive for a quickie weekender would push towards electing the 5 hour. Especially longer feeling on the way back. :o:o

And BTW...welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Hands down, Enchantment all the way.

We have sailed Ecstacy and can tell you she is the reason we will never do Carni again. Filthy on our cruise on turnaround day even! Dirty string mop in a bucket left in corner of public restroom the entire 4 day trip. Melted ice cream, spills and glass marks in the Piano bar that same day...not a good impression on a first time Carni cruiser! Not impressed with the food, the melting cake, pizza nor the table dancing waiters. But that's just MHO. Different strokes for different folks.

I have to agree, Carnival is gross. Have sailed twice with them and never again. My parents went a a quick 3-day on Valor a few years ago and they said it was disgusting...not to mention the type of people that generally cruise Carnival.

My partner and I are Royal Caribbean all the way, I have sailed Enchantment and actually really enjoyed the layout and the crew was great. Have a 12-night booked on Vision next summer.

I do want to try Disney though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro