Soda can price

arcone

Hi

I’m trying to compare price of soda card vs buying individual cans of soda on my Carnival cruise

Soda card is $7.50. a Day. No taxes if purchased in international waters.

How much is charged for a can of soda

On Carnival ? Is there an added on gratitude to soda?

Thank you

Another thing to factor in is with the soda card, they most likely will pour from a already open can on to a glass of ice, if you are buying individual cans, you get a fresh unopened can and a glass ice.

Honestly, if you think you'll drink more than a few sodas on your cruise and are trying to stick to a budget, each person can bring one 12 pack on embarkation day and at each port stop. Best of all, if your cabin has a fridge, you can have cold sodas rather than a warm soda poured over ice.

Another thing to factor in is with the soda card, they most likely will pour from a already open can on to a glass of ice, if you are buying individual cans, you get a fresh unopened can and a glass ice.

If you have Cheers or the soda package they'll gladly give you an unopened can if you ask.

I am considering bringing my own insulated cup of 30oz. Even with ice, a 12oz coke won't fill it. But I only have to wait 5 minutes to get more coke, right? If I am only going to get ice and a 12oz coke, might as well bring a smaller cup.

Hi

I’m trying to compare price of soda card vs buying individual cans of soda on my Carnival cruise

Thank you

Everything has grats.

Glad to hear about the bring on a 12 pack option. I almost purchased the soda deal then I got to thinking, we're on a 7 night cruise with 4 ports, all of which we are doing the excursions and will be off the ship. It just sounded like a waste. Great post, thanks for posting info.

Hi

Thank you

You do not understand the tax part correctly. There is no tax on the package at all no matter when you buy it. There will be tax on any drink you get while in the home port.

There will be added on gratuity no matter when you buy it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Glad to hear about the bring on a 12 pack option. I almost purchased the soda deal then I got to thinking, we're on a 7 night cruise with 4 ports, all of which we are doing the excursions and will be off the ship. It just sounded like a waste. Great post, thanks for posting info.
Bring a small collapsible cooler, ask your room steward to keep it filled with ice and you can then keep your soda cans in there ice cold instead of pouring it over ice or keeping them in a "cool" refrigerator.

Bring a small collapsible cooler, ask your room steward to keep it filled with ice and you can then keep your soda cans in there ice cold instead of pouring it over ice or keeping them in a "cool" refrigerator.
[emoji106]At least as a backup... even on the ships with minibars (leftover from the days when they actually stocked the minibars), it is hit or miss as to how cold they actually get. Keeping the cabinet door open to help dissipate the heat helps, but Carnival advises they are not intended to keep contents as cold as a true refrigerator.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app