Hyatt Place vs Embassy Suites on 17th Street - Fort Lauderdale?

emerald6273

I was going to book Embassy Suites in Dec. I fould somewhere posted that they will be doing renovations. I call Embassy suites and they could not guarantee which renovations they would be doing in Dec, but stated that the major ones would HOPEFULLY not take place then. So I booked the Hyatt. I did not know the 153 did not include tax. I am also confused on how the rate changes when you add more than 2 people to the room. We are traveling with 2 kids and 2 adults. It states $10 added to reservation per added adult past 2. Anyone know?

You will just book the Hyatt for 2 adults...they won't charge for children. The additional $10.00 charge will be for additional "adults" in the room. After you get the confirmation (if you're booking through ValueTrips) call the front desk of the Hyatt directly (not the reservation call center) and request two beds instead of a king.

I noticed that the Value Trips site has blackout days for discounted rooms. The date we are staying at the Hyatt is blacked out probably due to being on the weekend. I haven't pursued a reservation because of that.

I noticed that the Value Trips site has blackout days for discounted rooms. The date we are staying at the Hyatt is blacked out probably due to being on the weekend. I haven't pursued a reservation because of that.

When we booked one of our dates was also on the blackout list...I put the reservation request as soon as the ValueTrips opened and we got it....I would just try you have nothing to lose. They'll send you an email confirming or denying...simple.

When we booked one of our dates was also on the blackout list...I put the reservation request as soon as the ValueTrips opened and we got it....I would just try you have nothing to lose. They'll send you an email confirming or denying...simple.

VERY interesting, thanks for sharing. Fort Lauderdale is a pretty popular place and there some pretty big events taking place from time to time, which will suck away a lot of hotel rooms very quickly. We dodged a bullet with our early November VT booking, turns out we are due to arrive at the Hyatt Place just a few days after the massive Boat Show which is one of the big blackout periods on the VT website

I checked reservations at both Embassy Suites & Hyatt Place and both are booked up for 11/10. I already have a confirmation for Hyatt, but I was curious about pricing.

I booked at the Embassy this morning for the 11/10. Had to book a premium suite but it was around $300.

Didn't check the Hyatt. We've stayed at the Embassy before and wife liked it so....

You will just book the Hyatt for 2 adults...they won't charge for children. The additional $10.00 charge will be for additional "adults" in the room. After you get the confirmation (if you're booking through ValueTrips) call the front desk of the Hyatt directly (not the reservation call center) and request two beds instead of a king.

Thank you Thank You Thank You! I still have not received a conformation BUT I saw that someone on CC mentioned that they normally will call the Hyatt and see if the request went through. Low and behold, they had both of our reservations on file. They could not conform the final amount because it was through a 3rd party. I spoke with the Reservation Department. Maybe I should speak with the front desk. Do you know if they charge your card for the room before you arrive or does it work like a normal reservation where you are charged on your check out date? I called and emailed Valuetrips again..No answer. Makes me nervous using them when they are not responsive. Anyone have similar issues?

In the end, the Hyatt has my reservations. It is a good idea to ck the bed type. I did request 2 beds with Valuetrips but without a confirmation email, I am not sure if request was added.

Thank you Thank You Thank You! I still have not received a conformation BUT I saw that someone on CC mentioned that they normally will call the Hyatt and see if the request went through. Low and behold, they had both of our reservations on file. They could not conform the final amount because it was through a 3rd party. I spoke with the Reservation Department. Maybe I should speak with the front desk. Do you know if they charge your card for the room before you arrive or does it work like a normal reservation where you are charged on your check out date? I called and emailed Valuetrips again..No answer. Makes me nervous using them when they are not responsive. Anyone have similar issues?

In the end, the Hyatt has my reservations. It is a good idea to ck the bed type. I did request 2 beds with Valuetrips but without a confirmation email, I am not sure if request was added.

We'll be finding out for sure in early November on our first ever Valuetrips stay, but the online reservation page on their website is very clear that, as you say, it's "reserve now, pay later". They only ask for your credit card number to hold the reservation, but tell you to "...make payment arrangements at check-in". They also point out that you have until 24 hours before arrival to cancel to avoid a no-show penalty.

Call the Hyatt Place front desk directly (not the call center reservation number)..it is with them you want to request bed type. Your card is charged when you check out. ValueTrips offers great rates but they don't really communicate with you at all other than a confirmation (and at times not even that)...don't worry as long as Hyatt Place has your reservation you are good to go.

You are very welcome...glad I could help in some small way.