CABIN 11173 or 12169

caroak

We're in 11173 but not crazy about the overhang which might make the cabin too dark. Another option is 12169 and from what I can tell there is also an overhang but it doesn't seem to overhang as much as on Deck 11 but hard to tell for sure. My concerns with Deck 12 is it's below the pool deck. Should we be overly concerned with noise issues especially when there's a band playing or even piped in music? We've only cruised on smaller ships so this will be an entirely new experience for us. At this point there are very few Infinity Veranda's available for our May 25 sailing and we prefer midship and don't want to chance a guarantee. Any feedback would be great.

Carole

Carole:

I can see your dilemma. It does look like a cabin on 12 in that area would give you more light. 12181 is also available and is on then corner of the bump out so may be a little more desirable than 12169 (there is a bit of a bump out above 12169 - just a start to a curve in the deck above).

I have never been under the pool, but have heard others complain some. Your itinerary is very port intensive, with only 2 sea days, so it may not be much of an issue. I'm also thinking there may be less noise with the IV's since the balconies aren't as open and exposed to the noise.

I guess I would go with an IV on 8 (not central), if I wanted a lighter cabin and quieter location more than having a central location. If a lighter cabin with a central location is more important to you, I would take 12181 and take a chance on intermittent pool noise. You likely won't hear music with the IV window closed, but might hear an occasional lounger being moved from above. The nice part about staying with 12181 or 12169 is that you would still have the concierge benefits (not that they are a deal breaker, but some are nice to have).

It looks like a great cruise on a great ship - you really can't lose!! :D

enhance

Looking at the pictures posted of the port side, it appears to me that the shadow cast onto both deck 11 and deck 12 looks similar (with a foot or so) on your part of the ship, so that would not bother me. However, we never book a cabin on a deck directly below the pool, gym, or other public area, because you will always hear chairs scraping or people walking above you. So deck 11 gets my vote.

Thanks, twodjs, for giving more info on being below the pool deck. I did a quick scan of S Class Cabin Information Compilation thread by previous guests and there were complaints about being under the pool, mostly loungers being moved around early in the morning and music at times, which was mostly muted by having the balcony door shut. Again, since this isn't a Carib cruise and has only 2 sea days, it may be less of an issue.

I found this picture of the Edge from the back - it has a great port view of the different bump outs on the Edge. The sun is shining on some cabins and you may get a better idea of how wide the overhangs are on 11 and 12 and their impact. It is a copyrighted picture so didn't post the picture itself.

No cabin is perfect (usually), but I guess you will need to decide which things are the most important to you. I would go with your gut. I've made these decisions many times so know how you feel. :D

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2886715

Carole:

I can see your dilemma. It does look like a cabin on 12 in that area would give you more light. 12181 is also available and is on then corner of the bump out so may be a little more desirable than 12169 (there is a bit of a bump out above 12169 - just a start to a curve in the deck above).

I have never been under the pool, but have heard others complain some. Your itinerary is very port intensive, with only 2 sea days, so it may not be much of an issue. I'm also thinking there may be less noise with the IV's since the balconies aren't as open and exposed to the noise.

I guess I would go with an IV on 8 (not central), if I wanted a lighter cabin and quieter location more than having a central location. If a lighter cabin with a central location is more important to you, I would take 12181 and take a chance on intermittent pool noise. You likely won't hear music with the IV window closed, but might hear an occasional lounger being moved from above. The nice part about staying with 12181 or 12169 is that you would still have the concierge benefits (not that they are a deal breaker, but some are nice to have).

enhance

Are you sure about 12181? Maybe this is a typo? On Celebrity’s site, deck 12, 12181 is an inside cabin.

Are you sure about 12181? Maybe this is a typo? On Celebrity’s site, deck 12, 12181 is an inside cabin.

I know, I was very confused last night! I went into the May 25 sailing on X to check availability and that corner C1 was labeled as 12181. It looks like they changed the cabin numbers. I probably should have checked other cruises to make sure it was the same on other cruises, as X doesn't have a great track record with their website! :D

I know, I was very confused last night! I went into the May 25 sailing on X to check availability and that corner C1 was labeled as 12181. It looks like they changed the cabin numbers. I probably should have checked other cruises to make sure it was the same on other cruises, as X doesn't have a great track record with their website! :D

Lol, I should have known:') The x website is so predictably dysfunctional. I was looking at the one for sailings through 27 April. Now I see that they’ve changed the numbering of some cabins between the two date ranges. I wish they wouldn’t do this! It will wreak havoc on our cabin sticky reviews:(

Lol, I should have known:') The x website is so predictably dysfunctional. I was looking at the one for sailings through 27 April. Now I see that they’ve changed the numbering of some cabins between the two date ranges. I wish they wouldn’t do this! It will wreak havoc on our cabin sticky reviews:(

I guess that is one of the hazards of booking on a ship that's in the process of being built - cabin class has changed (10 concierge to AQ), suite layout changed (CS lost its loggia), a restaurant has changed their menu (Le Grand Bistro now all LPC at night) and now cabin numbers changed. What next?? Oh well, it gives us something to talk about! ;)

I guess that is one of the hazards of booking on a ship that's in the process of being built - cabin class has changed (10 concierge to AQ), suite layout changed (CS lost its loggia), a restaurant has changed their menu (Le Grand Bistro now all LPC at night) and now cabin numbers changed. What next?? Oh well, it gives us something to talk about! ;)

True. And such changes aren’t limited to new builds. BTW have I missed any discussion about an Edge cabin sticky? I was away for three weeks, so I’m still catching up lol.

True. And such changes aren’t limited to new builds. BTW have I missed any discussion about an Edge cabin sticky? I was away for three weeks, so I’m still catching up lol.

I wondered where you were! ;)

Here is what I have put together so far, taking suggestions from people here. I need to finish working on the search tools (that isn't up and running yet) and a couple of other formatting things to have it up and running for Dec 1. :D

Here's the thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2638329

Here's the spreadsheet so far. There are tabs below, with other info:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bFHV6Ax0FmbzTqHb1e6eCeLpGe9SEBZPJeJ4K472toY/edit?usp=sharing

I wondered where you were! ;)

Here is what I have put together so far, taking suggestions from people here. I need to finish working on the search tools (that isn't up and running yet) and a couple of other formatting things to have it up and running for Dec 1. :D

Here's the thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2638329

Here's the spreadsheet so far. There are tabs below, with other info:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bFHV6Ax0FmbzTqHb1e6eCeLpGe9SEBZPJeJ4K472toY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks! I’ll check these out. We were exploring Southampton before sailing around the Baltic Sea:cool::cool: Then it was back to Earth, work, and mountains of mail & laundry;p

Carole:

enhance

VT, thanks for your input. For now, I think it's best we stay with 11173. We would find noise from Deck 12 to be bothersome and wouldn't want to have to keep the balcony window closed to block noise. On one of our cruises we were above a club and could hear the bass and, fortunately, we were able to change cabins. I'm sure there will be cancellations along the way so I'll keep checking the website.

Carole

I just checked the website and 12181 is showing as C1 not as an inside cabin.:confused:

Carole

VT, thanks for your input. For now, I think it's best we stay with 11173. We would find noise from Deck 12 to be bothersome and wouldn't want to have to keep the balcony window closed to block noise. On one of our cruises we were above a club and could hear the bass and, fortunately, we were able to change cabins. I'm sure there will be cancellations along the way so I'll keep checking the website.

Carole

Sounds like a good decision![emoji2]

I just checked the website and 12181 is showing as C1 not as an inside cabin.:confused:

Carole

Apologies for the confusion. I had forgotten there might be deviations between the deck plans for different date ranges. I was looking at the 16 Dec - 27 April deck plan, on which 12181 is an inside cabin.