Sailing out of Baltimore in March

Doclt

Thinking about a cruise out of Baltimore on the Pride March 1st 2020 to the Bahamas. Has anyone sailed out of Baltimore in March? If so how are the temps and how far south do you have to cruise before you are enjoying the sun and warmth. We are from Minnesota where it is still cold in March, looking to warm up asap. ❄️☀️[emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We live an hour North of Baltimore and are pretty familiar with the weather. March is a very unsettled month where temperatures can vary from the 70s down to the 30s and just about anything between. We even get some snow storms in March...although its not the norm. But a good idea for cruisers is to pay attention to long range weather forecasts (Accuweather goes out a few weeks) for the temperature trends. This will give you some idea what to pack, but you want to watch the forecasts right up until you leave for your cruise.

Hank

We’re looking at a February sailing to the Caribbean from Baltimore. You definitely need to get there the day before, as March is still snow season, so flights can be iffy. Once out of the Bay and in the Atlantic (about 11:00 PM to midnight), things start getting warmer - I sailed many times from Norfolk with the Navy - but the Bahamas in March can still be cool - water temps not much over 70. But that time of year anything will be warmer than Minnesota.

We live an hour North of Baltimore and are pretty familiar with the weather.

Hank

We must be close. Harford Co here, near Churchville.

And yes, MD weather is March is YES. Hot, cold, rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.

And that is in ONE DAY. :D

Terry

The Bahamas will be warmer than Baltimore, but don't expect Caribbean weather. High temps will be low 70s with probably water around the same.

I agree with the water temps, but when we went in Feb/Mar this year (and I don't think it was unseasonably warm) temps were at least high 70's and I thought more in the 80's. Warm enough to enjoy the cool water, but not uncomfortably hot.