Question About Beds

Beds are typical European ones - 90cm wide and put together to make a King size (or what we call a King size here) OR separated into twins which is an easy procedure. If you have a Butler just put on your Butler form that you want twin beds... or the King.

Normally the King version is made up with a single duvet and top and bottom sheets. We don't sleep that way here and I always tell the Butler to have the King bed made with two single duvets and no sheets. Silly to have sheets with duvets! They aren't meant for that...

When the bed is separated into twins, a nightstand is moved to be in between the two. On Explorer, this will cover up the outlets and USB port for the bed closest to the wall. Generally not a big deal, but do be aware of this. 9The other ships don’t have those outlets.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just a quick note to say it is NOT silly to have a top sheet with a duvet. Did you not know that some people sleep "hot"? If it were not for specifically asking our stewardess to make up our bed with a top sheet included, I would often end up with no suitable covering at all. Now, I understand how duvets work, and if this were my home, we would have a duvet made with a light material. But since you get what you get on the ship, a sheet works quite well.

Just a quick note to say it is NOT silly to have a top sheet with a duvet. Did you not know that some people sleep "hot"? If it were not for specifically asking our stewardess to make up our bed with a top sheet included, I would often end up with no suitable covering at all. Now, I understand how duvets work, and if this were my home, we would have a duvet made with a light material. But since you get what you get on the ship, a sheet works quite well.

We do not care for duvets since we also sleep "hot". The solution for us was to ask to have a blanket and sheet rather than a duvet. It works great!